• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Where do you find the updates?

27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd be curious too.

I just checked my signature room thread, it was already updated, but this would be helpful 

This was in an email I got today from cgc. Check your spam folder, I guess

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This was in an email I got today from cgc. Check your spam folder, I guess

Ah yes thank you 

They do it from time to time, but thanks for keeping watch!

I dont always read the whole thing, or if I see it's an announcement, I just go to the event page :)

Thanks again

53 minutes ago, SeanYork said:

Do you remember when CCS charged you for these?  I have some books that got charged for quick press early June and I have been expecting them to go back to CGC any day now.

Yep! I was charged May 25th. I had a bunch of back and forth emails going with customer service for the same reason you are concerned (and because last time i used CCS in October of last year I was charged the same day it went back to CGC) They told me once you are charged it takes 5 weeks for it to transfer back to CGC which actually turned out to be 5 weeks plus two days.

I actually thought they were feeding me made up responses to get me to go away for 5 weeks but their eta was fairly spot on.

Edited by Jkelly

1 hour ago, Jkelly said:

Yep! I was charged May 25th. I had a bunch of back and forth emails going with customer service for the same reason you are concerned (and because last time i used CCS in October of last year I was charged the same day it went back to CGC) They told me once you are charged it takes 5 weeks for it to transfer back to CGC which actually turned out to be 5 weeks plus two days.

I actually thought they were feeding me made up responses to get me to go away for 5 weeks but their eta was fairly spot on.

I recently had a book come through the Standard Press in less than 4 weeks.  My thinking was if a quick press only goes through the process once and other pressing tiers go through multiple times, it should come out faster.  Somehow they get a private signing through pressing in 2 weeks.

What should I do? I had 25 books received 5/24 for pre-screen modern fast track. On 7/1 the book shipped/safe. I did a 9.8 pre-screen. Cgc graded all 25 books but 5 books came back at a 9.6. I'm glad my books were graded in 30 business days when I was expecting 86 days but I am a little upset that I had to pay for the 5 9.6 books. Should I contact cgc ask for a refund? 

4 hours ago, Mattk3447 said:

What should I do? I had 25 books received 5/24 for pre-screen modern fast track. On 7/1 the book shipped/safe. I did a 9.8 pre-screen. Cgc graded all 25 books but 5 books came back at a 9.6. I'm glad my books were graded in 30 business days when I was expecting 86 days but I am a little upset that I had to pay for the 5 9.6 books. Should I contact cgc ask for a refund? 

My worthless advice...first, if you haven't already, go back to your order confirmation email and pull up your invoice and make sure you requested a 9.8 prescreen and not 9.6. Not saying you did or didn't but mistakes happen and I've learnt the hard way that I make them all the time. Second, if it was a 9.8 prescreen my understanding is that if you contact customer service that they'll credit you back for the 9.6 books. Like I said mistakes happen. But you did pay $55-$85 (grading fees depending on membership discount and less $5 reject fee) for something you didn't request, so yes ask for a refund. 

5 hours ago, Mattk3447 said:

Of course.

Now that CGC has been bought by Blackstone you wonder how long it will take to turn this ship around.  100+ business day TAT's are really not sustainable and I can only imagine the size of the facility they need to hold the enormous backlog, not to mention the liability insurance they must need to protect against flood, fire, etc.  Hopefully we will see a return to more normal TAT's soon.

1 hour ago, Petroman said:

Now that CGC has been bought by Blackstone you wonder how long it will take to turn this ship around.  100+ business day TAT's are really not sustainable and I can only imagine the size of the facility they need to hold the enormous backlog, not to mention the liability insurance they must need to protect against flood, fire, etc.  Hopefully we will see a return to more normal TAT's soon.

If that happens then I'm staying on board. 

14 hours ago, Willbert said:

My worthless advice...first, if you haven't already, go back to your order confirmation email and pull up your invoice and make sure you requested a 9.8 prescreen and not 9.6. Not saying you did or didn't but mistakes happen and I've learnt the hard way that I make them all the time. Second, if it was a 9.8 prescreen my understanding is that if you contact customer service that they'll credit you back for the 9.6 books. Like I said mistakes happen. But you did pay $55-$85 (grading fees depending on membership discount and less $5 reject fee) for something you didn't request, so yes ask for a refund. 

Unfortunately your advice was right. I checked my email from cgc and it doesn't appear I selected the prescreen option 

On 7/1/2021 at 9:44 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Anyone that sent in for any mail in signings have the box opened yet? 

I sent in books for three different signings in one box, labelled the box all over with AC/JP for the Amanda Conner/Jimmy Palmiotti event. Delivered 06/23, all three were entered into the system 07/01. (Two with pressing, one without. The two with pressing show received, the one without shows scheduled for grading)

2 minutes ago, Fisionbomb said:

I sent in books for three different signings in one box, labelled the box all over with AC/JP for the Amanda Conner/Jimmy Palmiotti event. Delivered 06/23, all three were entered into the system 07/01. (Two with pressing, one without. The two with pressing show received, the one without shows scheduled for grading)

Thanks for the heads up! 👍

On 7/1/2021 at 5:03 PM, Jkelly said:

@Ninja0215 My CCS order from early January that we have been comparing was FINALLY moved back to CGC today. By my calculations (now that TAT went up again) my books will be coming back to me November 19th. INSANE... almost a full year.

I've found that once books finally get back to CGC from CCS the grading TAT is half or less than what's stated on the site. Hopefully the same is true for you.

2 minutes ago, Fisionbomb said:

I've found that once books finally get back to CGC from CCS the grading TAT is half or less than what's stated on the site. Hopefully the same is true for you.

When I submitted my books which were received late January and finally checked in early February; turn around was 43 days for grading.  Fingers crossed the still holds up and they move mine out right away not that I'm special or anything but I'm sure they could see it on the invoice. Lol