• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,112 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

I might send in 5 or 6 other moderns for straight grading no pressing 🤔

I just sent in 20, but only received 7/12.

Long wait even though I didn't press. I'm not even too sure how to understand the estimated tat lol

1 hour ago, SeanYork said:

18 Modern - Quick Press and Grading

1/6/21     Delivered      

1/21/21   Received           

6/8/21     Charged by CCS              98 days from box opening

7/8/21     CCS in process                22 days since I was charged

7/14/21   Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging    136 working days from delivery

7/15/21   Grading/Quality Control    

not sure if this is just a name change or if they are through grading 

Looks like you're right behind me as far as delivery date goes so hopefully some movement soon, this gives me hope. 

15 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

one recent modern fast track sub received/scheduled for grading on 5/18 (don't remember the delivery date) has moved to grading/encapsulation/imaging on 7/15

I have another modern fast track 5/17 received/SFG that hasn't moved

progress (said like a Canadian)

You do pre-screen on the two batches?

If you want your books entered into the system quickly just ship them in a box with a in-house signing apparently. Shipped an assorted box of 26 books which USPS showed as delivered 7/15 (1 Jim Lee signing, 8 Modern Slow Grading, 16 modern pressing/grading, 1 magazine pressing grading.) and all are now in the system as of this morning all the ones that need pressing marked as received and the 8 slow grading only marked as SFG. Meanwhile the box I sent of 75 without any signings that arrived a month ago has yet to be opened. Wasn’t expecting that, was just trying to save on shipping so I ship in bulk with multiple invoices, assumed they’d pull out the Jim Lee and kick my box to the side.

30 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

If you want your books entered into the system quickly just ship them in a box with a in-house signing apparently. Shipped an assorted box of 26 books which USPS showed as delivered 7/15 (1 Jim Lee signing, 8 Modern Slow Grading, 16 modern pressing/grading, 1 magazine pressing grading.) and all are now in the system as of this morning all the ones that need pressing marked as received and the 8 slow grading only marked as SFG. Meanwhile the box I sent of 75 without any signings that arrived a month ago has yet to be opened. Wasn’t expecting that, was just trying to save on shipping so I ship in bulk with multiple invoices, assumed they’d pull out the Jim Lee and kick my box to the side.

Brilliant!!!:banana:

37 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

no. I've stopped prescreening as it's costing too much

Ok - you had my hopes up my set was close to moving ahead but I prescreened the batch since I've not gotten anything graded in over a year.  Maybe I'll see some movement in August.

5 minutes ago, John Worley said:

I did when the turn around was like 25-30 working days. Worked great. 1st one I got back out of eight books. 

Ty!!! I want to have some books go in by the fall but I'm using a third party pressing service.  These are pretty pricey so the standard tier was the way to go. 👍

On 7/7/2021 at 3:12 PM, Aarrow108 said:

6x Book Economy Submission (No Press, No FT)
Received - 4/1/21
SFG - 4/2/21
Been in SFG ever since....

12x Book Economy Submission (No Press, No FT)
Received - 4/1/21
SFG - 4/2/21
Been in SFG ever since....

Update on the 6x Book Economy Submission (No Press, No FT)
Received - 4/1/21
SFG - 4/2/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging - 7/16/21

1 hour ago, Ninja0215 said:

One can hope the TAT's drop soon.

Unfortunately they are going the wrong direction for the cheaper tiers.  Modern Slow just went from 116 to 144 days, a 24% increase.  Economy Slow just went from 153 to 177 days.  Standard from 95 to 101 days, Express actually went down (!) from 20 to 15 days and Walkthrough went up slightly from 7 to 8 days.  Modern FT only went up a little, from 91 to 93 days.  Economy FT a little more, from 131 to 140 days.

So it looks like they are basically saying to use FT for Modern or use Express/WT.  I get it, they make much more money on those tiers, but FT Modern is costing about $40/book with shipping, maybe more.  This is double what I used to pay and at least 3 or 4 times longer for turnaround.

image.thumb.png.c90cf2593a147945184b4d181f9df57e.png

Just trying to be optimistic. Whatever goes up has to eventually come down but I guess newton didn't take CGC turnaround times into consideration. I like it here and I like the submission process so I want to send in a lot of books but not if they're going to stack days and days on to all of their tiers . I don't want to load up my credit cards on comic submissions.....:tonofbricks:

21 hours ago, SeanYork said:

18 Modern - Quick Press and Grading

1/6/21     Delivered      

1/21/21   Received           

6/8/21     Charged by CCS              98 days from box opening

7/8/21     CCS in process                22 days since I was charged

7/14/21   Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging    136 working days from delivery

7/15/21   Grading/Quality Control    

not sure if this is just a name change or if they are through grading 

7/16/21     Finalized / Imaged /Shipped

This has to be some kind of record.  It just got back from CCS on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

no. I've stopped prescreening as it's costing too much

For me the issue with prescreen lately is that it adds like 6 weeks over a non-prescreen modern received at the same time.

56 minutes ago, Petroman said:

Unfortunately they are going the wrong direction for the cheaper tiers.  Modern Slow just went from 116 to 144 days, a 24% increase.  Economy Slow just went from 153 to 177 days.  Standard from 95 to 101 days, Express actually went down (!) from 20 to 15 days and Walkthrough went up slightly from 7 to 8 days.  Modern FT only went up a little, from 91 to 93 days.  Economy FT a little more, from 131 to 140 days.

So it looks like they are basically saying to use FT for Modern or use Express/WT.  I get it, they make much more money on those tiers, but FT Modern is costing about $40/book with shipping, maybe more.  This is double what I used to pay and at least 3 or 4 times longer for turnaround.

image.thumb.png.c90cf2593a147945184b4d181f9df57e.png

Wow - 144 days is over 7 months!  Submit now and have books ready for March sales threads.  This is getting stupid in a hurry.  At least my fast track is starting to be money well spent.

Edited by 1Cool