• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,129 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2021 at 3:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Honest to God 🙏 I didn't know if I should post this, but here goes nothing .....

I sent in with my Jim Lee SS in house signing

A 20 book modern

Received and SFG 7/12

Went to GEI today 7/16...

So I'm either a winner or a loser for the quickness...

Will it ever stop yo idk, light up the mic and all flow. Light up the stage stage like a candle...

downloadfile-1.gif

Now that I'm getting reactions to this post, 

I'll confess!

It shipped today. :sorry:

I see Facebook posts of other received on this day, as well moving this fast.

So idk what to say

Other than when I get them back, it will be a explanation of why I subbed what I did

Some are undercopies, some will become undercopies, and some again will just be fun cheap finds that I found 35 cent variants etc

On 7/16/2021 at 6:58 PM, kimik said:

I am curious to see how the start up of shows impacts CGC submission rates. As a seller, are you better off selling the books raw at market value (e.g. GPA) less grading fees now rather than waiting several months to get them back?

Please point me in the direction of whoever is willing to pay $120 for a raw 9.8 of say Guardians of the Galaxy #1 (1991) or $430 for a raw 9.8 of Secret Wars #3.

On 7/19/2021 at 2:38 PM, LordRahl said:

Please point me in the direction of whoever is willing to pay $120 for a raw 9.8 of say Guardians of the Galaxy #1 (1991) or $430 for a raw 9.8 of Secret Wars #3.

ebay... always ebay (at least in my experience). Very amazed as to what sells and what it sells for.

For the record, I personally wouldn't pay a CGC 9.8 price minus less grading fees for any raw book claiming to be 9.8. As far as I'm concerned, not even CGC can consistently determine a 9.8 (based on resubmission on 9.6s that came back a 9.8, unpressed). Though again, ebay buys everything, so you might be in luck.

Signed on 04/17/2021 by David Michelinie 

Service: FAST TRACK SIG. MODERN
Delivered : unknown mailed in by Facilitator
Received: 5/25/21
Grading/QC 07/16/2021
Shipped 07/19/2021
Edited by BigD702

On 7/19/2021 at 3:38 PM, LordRahl said:

There are a number of sellers that price their raw books at GPA at shows now. I have seen collectors pay full 9.8 GPA prices for raw books that will not hit 9.8 when graded. It is way more common now than you would think.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:43 PM, kimik said:

There are a number of sellers that price their raw books at GPA at shows now. I have seen collectors pay full 9.8 GPA prices for raw books that will not hit 9.8 when graded. It is way more common now than you would think.

Pics or it didn't happen

Also, I'm not saying it NEVER happens. But I'm fairly sure that if I grade something a 9.8 (raw) and put it up on ebay at full GPA 9.8 price minus $25 for slabbing fees, it will sit there until prices increase to the point where it's now cheap... or more than likely it will never sell. However if I put a graded 9.8 version up for auction it will go for roughly what they've been going for lately plus or minus your normal price variance in auction. I'll go ahead and wait the 6+ months for CGC to grade it. 

Well - current TAT are long, right :D 

Sometimes a little weird too. 

I've sent in half a dozen Express tier submissions the past month. Here is some weirdness

ALL THE BELOW ARE EXPRESS TIER SUBMISSIONS: All books marked EX on box, all promptly opened and entered into CGC tracking and showing on my dashboard. 

Date Received  6/22/21 - Current Status Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging
Date Received 7/2/21 - Shipped today - 7/19/21
Date Received 7/7/21 - Shipped 7/14/21

On 7/19/2021 at 7:02 PM, Tony S said:

I've sent in half a dozen Express tier submissions the past month. Here is some weirdness

ALL THE BELOW ARE EXPRESS TIER SUBMISSIONS: All books marked EX on box, all promptly opened and entered into CGC tracking and showing on my dashboard. 

I've heard the same, but dont want to tell other people's business, in the end, it IS different for some reason.

And I'm not alone, so I shouldn't "feel bad", but again, it's weird....

On 7/19/2021 at 5:02 PM, Tony S said:

What were the differences in the amount of books in each sub?

On 7/19/2021 at 7:18 PM, LordRahl said:

What were the differences in the amount of books in each sub?

The 7/7 submission was 3 books - all UF 4
The 7/2 submission was 1 book - Hulk 2

6/22 there were actually two separate submissions - both Express and both one book each. Again both books were UF 4

On 7/19/2021 at 5:40 PM, Tony S said:

The 7/7 submission was 3 books - all UF 4
The 7/2 submission was 1 book - Hulk 2

6/22 there were actually two separate submissions - both Express and both one book each. Again both books were UF 4

Hmmm... so not a big difference in book count to support the theory that smaller subs might get through faster hm

It's not that common.  I have seen those kind of seller tactics for years and I still see them for sale with the same sellers currently.  

Why would anyone pay CGC 9.8 prices for a raw book?  How would have benefit me even 1%?  

Am I trying to get a CGC 9.9 10.0 for a raw 9.8 price? :baiting:

Edited by NewWorldOrder