• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, toro said:

OMG, I just had a book leave CCS and it is scheduled for grading.  I know that doesn't mean a thing, but at least the screen changed for me.  :)

We've all really lowered lowered our standards for what excites us. I haven't had a screen change since 7/29.  :facepalm:

On 10/4/2021 at 2:59 PM, toro said:

OMG, I just had a book leave CCS and it is scheduled for grading.  I know that doesn't mean a thing, but at least the screen changed for me.  :)

That's awesome. With 15 separate submissions sitting at CGC right now, the last screen change occurred on 6/24/2021 for me.

I know if you submit a book on a lower tier and they see you have tried to go cheap they charge you the extra because the books value is higher.  But with the longer waits, what happens if the market crashed on that book.  Do they then give you back the money they took from you.  :insane:

Edited by toro

On 10/4/2021 at 12:09 PM, graffix13 said:

Anyone know the current times for Moderns (Non FT) moving out of G/E/I into G/QC (Went into G/E/I about a week ago and books were SFG on 6/15/21. Just looking for anyone who had similar dates)?

I'm still going to obsessively check every hour on the hour, of course.

My Modern (non FT) received on 6/17 are still in G/E/I for the past week and today..sigh. 

On 9/22/2021 at 11:48 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

I don't think they can do that. Barring constant stream of Modern books, based on how some people's stuff will move way faster than or way slower than TAT...AND given the recent logjam break in VALUE tier subs where many of us waiting for months saw movement in space of a week, I honestly think it isnt constant movement. Like it's very possible, they let VALUE/ECONOMY subs sit for months then pulled an all hands on deck for two weeks to clear out backlog. Probably same with MAGAZINE. Then I and couple others got some STANDARDS back in two weeks when it's a 60 day wait. So yeah, I think they let some batches sit idle for a bit. 

I don't see why they can't update the books they are grading by tier once a week.  Even if they are letting some tiers sit.  The one bad side of doing this is that it will probably show that they aren't actually grading FIFO.

On 10/4/2021 at 7:23 PM, toro said:

I know if you submit a book on a lower tier and they see you have tried to go cheap they charge you the extra because the books value is higher.  But with the longer waits, what happens if the market crashed on that book.  Do they then give you back the money the took from you.  :insane:

image.png.6c9e4b553f40c0c6550a4b12cd90dc94.png

Back on March 30, PSA Authentication and Grading Services, a company long considered the gold standard in the sports card collectibles grading field, shut down several of its services. The reason: It was overwhelmed with customer demand

On 10/5/2021 at 7:06 AM, 123beeb said:

Back on March 30, PSA Authentication and Grading Services, a company long considered the gold standard in the sports card collectibles grading field, shut down several of its services. The reason: It was overwhelmed with customer demand

...Permanently?... or just until they can catch up a bit?  

On 10/5/2021 at 9:12 AM, musicmeta said:

July 1 is here, and as stated on March 30, we are reintroducing service levels on a tiered approach.

As our daily capacity continues to grow, we are able to accept more new orders while still committing over 90% of our daily capacity to the backlog.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:03 PM, Chazgee said:
On 10/4/2021 at 6:23 PM, toro said:

lower tier and they see you have tried to go cheap they charge you the extra because the books value is higher.  But with the longer waits, what happens if the market crashed on that book.  Do they then give you back the money the took from you.  :insane:

Expand 

Most of the time watching family feud, I find myself saying, "You wrong for that Steve!" 😂

On 10/4/2021 at 9:37 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

That’s not right

Same exact thing has happened to me. I think they're leaning on "Accounting Holdup" to slow down the process for some. I had 2x Standard invoices that were held up on shipping due to an accounting issue. I cleared that up, then my EXPRESS, which was received at the same time, sat there in G/QC for another month. Finally called yesterday..."Accounting Holdup". They put me on hold, then got back on and said "I'll tell the guys to get this one shipped out". Smells fishy...

Still waiting on 8 invoices (~80 books) that were received in early May and then lost in their warehouse for 2x months...

On 10/5/2021 at 8:12 AM, musicmeta said:

Just to catch up...they still aren't caught up. Pandemic checks with nowhere to go cause alot of grading companies (CGC, PSA, WATA) to go nuts with business.

On 10/1/2021 at 3:34 PM, loboagain said:

I have been getting this message trying to check my submissions and I can't.  Anybody get this message?

image.thumb.png.af70e1b1938fecf50bf8d1931add7f25.png

I got the same and started freaking out whenever people that sent their books in AFTER I had started showing their submissions as SFG. I called...they couldn't find my 85 books in their warehouse and therefore hadn't entered my submissions. After about 3-4 weeks, and a few separate phone calls, they finally found them and entered the submissions in to their system...THREE MONTHS after they were delivered to their warehouse. Now my "Received date" is way later than it should be because someone lost my boxes. Ridiculous...

10 books, Modern Pressing, received at CCS on 7/12... still just received at CCS.  85 days and counting, only 101 more days to go according to the current turn around time estimations.  I will keep you all updated.

On 10/5/2021 at 3:06 PM, Droid81 said:

10 books, Modern Pressing, received at CCS on 7/12... still just received at CCS.  85 days and counting, only 101 more days to go according to the current turn around time estimations.  I will keep you all updated.

My modern CCS received February 19 just went to GEI, it’s gonna take 8 months…

On 10/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, AGGIEZ said:

I got the same and started freaking out whenever people that sent their books in AFTER I had started showing their submissions as SFG. I called...they couldn't find my 85 books in their warehouse and therefore hadn't entered my submissions. After about 3-4 weeks, and a few separate phone calls, they finally found them and entered the submissions in to their system...THREE MONTHS after they were delivered to their warehouse. Now my "Received date" is way later than it should be because someone lost my boxes. Ridiculous...

Mercy, that is just plain crazy.  

On 10/5/2021 at 6:10 PM, awakeintheashes said:

AF7016A8-49F0-475B-B409-E58592C93F66.thumb.jpeg.9baf697db64ebf1ac8f83b51b9966d73.jpeg

Keep us notified if you would, a lot of Facebook posts saying delivered in September and marked received in October, but already done at cgc. :tink:

So here's hoping for you yet, I'm just wanting to hear movement and etc something that'll keep me sending.

FIFO seems like a long list dream :(