• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,069 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2021 at 10:16 PM, Beige said:

In fact stop accepting books until they have the staff and equipment to handle the volume.

Shut down Modern Slow Track and possibly Economy Slow Track too, at least until the submission backlog has been processed.  Who knows, maybe even shut them both down for good if they are still getting enough business on Fast Track Modern/Economy.  I'm sure the investment guys from Blackstone are looking at the numbers.  It is certainly possible that they could be more profitable even with a 40% drop in submissions if the minimum cost per book is $37. 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:40 PM, Gaard said:

Can I assume that this was more than one tier?

Joey subbed some of mine with some of his, so yes, different tiers for different books.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:37 PM, manetteska said:

Holy poo, mine were delivered today as well!

Now to wait for all of the price adjustments. 

My 25 MFT pre-screen is now in GEI. 
I have also been fee adjusted. One of my books was moved to Walkthrough (Heir to the Empire 1 newsstand — wth? Maybe the line number is a typo as that doesn’t seem like a Walkthrough book). 
So maybe that 1 book is in GEI and the rest will linger?

Edited by manetteska
added comic

On 10/12/2021 at 8:03 AM, joeypost said:

I no longer see any rhyme or reason to how they are processing books (also heard about some weird new processing system. If this is something new they are testing, why not pull older Invoices instead of newer ones). While I would not want to be CGC at this moment, I do understand what it feels like to be overwhelmed with submissions. I am being as patient as I can while they look for misplaced invoices. When things like this have happened in the past the books always show up, that’s why I am not panicking yet. 

Instead of putting out existing fires first, CGC seems to be concentrating on in-house signings and grading recently submitted modern submissions.  Their thinking is that older customers will be unhappy with the turnaround times no matter what.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, Beige said:

How many of us are in the same boat I wonder - an alarmingly high number it would seem.

It might be prudent for CGC to rectify existing errors, catch up on TAT's and stop these private signings.

In fact stop accepting books until they have the staff and equipment to handle the volume.

I thought the new owners would realise this?

PSA (sports cards) stopped taking submissions for like 6-months to get their ship straight and still haven't turned on several tiers. CGC needs to shut it down. They're doing more long-term damage to their business than shutting down submissions for 3-months and getting things straight would do. Losing books, ridiculous turnaround times...shut it down for 3-months, get caught up, sort out the mess in the warehouse, then come back. 

On 10/12/2021 at 12:02 PM, AGGIEZ said:

PSA (sports cards) stopped taking submissions for like 6-months to get their ship straight and still haven't turned on several tiers. CGC needs to shut it down. They're doing more long-term damage to their business than shutting down submissions for 3-months and getting things straight would do. Losing books, ridiculous turnaround times...shut it down for 3-months, get caught up, sort out the mess in the warehouse, then come back. 

I get the feeling that due to the tens of thousands of submissions received back in early May, CGC may be adopting a different grading approach for the time being. Instead of falling even further behind on expedited or recent submissions, they may be taking a month on/off approach. What I mean is that they'll spend a month trying to make a dent into this huge pile, press the pause button, and spend the next month approaching their business like this pile does not exist. This approach will at least keep fast track and new customers relatively happy. If this is the case, I can certainly see modern slow track submissions received in July not being graded until early next year.  

More tales of woe...

I have two different in house signings that have been GEI for 2-3 weeks. These are single books, so I am mystified why they haven't moved in that time.

Then I have two 25 book modern subs that were put on the invoice list the third week of June that are still SFG. ???

On 10/12/2021 at 7:56 AM, manetteska said:

I have also been fee adjusted. One of my books was moved to Walkthrough (Heir to the Empire 1 newsstand — wth? Maybe the line number is a typo as that doesn’t seem like a Walkthrough book). 

If they are in G/E/I then they were graded the same day the status changed to G/E/I, typically. Your Heir to the Empire newsstand graded a 9.8 and since that's a $4K book, give or take, CGC is making sure they get theirs. Congrats, I guess.

Edited by Willbert

On 10/12/2021 at 2:34 PM, Willbert said:
On 10/12/2021 at 7:56 AM, manetteska said:

Expand  

If they are in G/E/I then they were graded the same day the status changed to G/E/I, typically. Your Heir to the Empire newsstand graded a 9.8 and since that's a $4K book, give or take, CGC is making sure they get theirs. Congrats, I guess.

That may be true (though I didn’t have that as a 9.8 candidate). 
I will wait to say more until my submission is fully out the door. 

On 10/12/2021 at 2:08 PM, jokiing said:
...and now a little good news this morning of 10/12/21
Magazine moved from G/E/I to....
Received: 1/22/21
United Kingdom Warrior 1 3/82 Quality Comics

Thank God

On 10/12/2021 at 6:56 AM, manetteska said:

So they're charging you the Walkthrough price...and you don't benefit from the Walkthrough service and turnaround time? If so, that's a verrrrrrry shady business practice. 

On 10/12/2021 at 1:24 PM, skybolt said:

My MST received on 6/23 finally went into G/E/I. Let's see how long it'll take to go into grading/QC.

image.thumb.png.0eb6255678f59cdb98ae2444c7d752c3.png

For almost 3 weeks now for me they have been stuck.  6/11's

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.51.59 AM.png

On 10/12/2021 at 4:35 PM, AGGIEZ said:

So they're charging you the Walkthrough price...and you don't benefit from the Walkthrough service and turnaround time? If so, that's a verrrrrrry shady business practice. 

Well they can't upcharge you until it's graded so by that point there is little benefit left from the Walkthrough tier. So yeah, that stings a bit. Here's where he catches a bad break....it's a 9.8 and the only sell in the last 3 months on GPA was in September for $4000. Walkthrough is 3% of FMV, so that's $120 but the minimum for WK is $150. But there are certainly worse problems to have.