• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 3/15/2022 at 9:50 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Well at least submissions got less today.

CGC submission website was down all day! :ohnoez:

I have created a ticket with web help.  Hopefully, they will get it fixed soon.  

On 3/15/2022 at 6:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thanks Mike! :peace:

Quick update for anyone who is trying to submit.

"add a comic" is now clickable, however the system won't let the user continue because the system wants you to select an artist in "private signing.

920809982_ScreenShot2022-03-15at9_28_47PM.thumb.png.6ac9e7394b527f9ba849cab3afbca474.png

• Administrator
On 3/15/2022 at 10:15 PM, NewWorldOrder said:
On 3/15/2022 at 9:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thanks Mike! :peace:

I believe this is now fixed.  

On 3/16/2022 at 4:40 AM, CGC Mike said:

Nope still not working as of 10am west coast time

• Administrator
On 3/16/2022 at 1:23 PM, NewWorldOrder said:
On 3/16/2022 at 7:40 AM, CGC Mike said:

Nope still not working as of 10am west coast time

hm  I got an e-mail at 6:45 AM eastern time saying the servers were down but, it is now fixed.  Can you be more specific with the problem you are having?

On 3/16/2022 at 10:31 AM, CGC Mike said:

hm  I got an e-mail at 6:45 AM eastern time saying the servers were down but, it is now fixed.  Can you be more specific with the problem you are having?

sending you a PM in 5 minutes with screen shots.  

Not working in Google Chrome, but working in Apple's Safari 

On 3/16/2022 at 11:47 AM, J RANDALL said:

Get ready for more price hikes, BlackRock just lost $17 Billlion in Russia. Not surprising, since it's the same people that brought you the crash of '08.

I assume CGC will keep raising their prices every year now till they see a slow down in CGC submissions

Which I have to admit I would raise my prices as well every year if the demand is there. 

The goal of every single for profit business = make as much profit as you can without losing business. 

On 3/16/2022 at 1:08 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I assume CGC will keep raising their prices every year now till they see a slow down in CGC submissions

Which I have to admit I would raise my prices as well every year if the demand is there. 

The goal of every single for profit business = make as much profit as you can without losing business. 

So by your logic In-N-Out Burger just kept raising prices until they got to a $20 burger because they could?

I don't disagree that BlackRock is poised to do this, just thinking about actual successful businesses that don't keep inflating prices for short term profit as the long game is worth so much more.

On 3/16/2022 at 9:12 AM, Stefan_W said:

16 Modern slow track:

Arrived at CGC 15 Nov 2021

SFG 15 Nov 2021

G/E/I 16 Mar 2022

Grades are in and it is marked as shipped for tomorrow.

This is a special one for me. Up to now I have always submitted through a presser. This time I pressed and submitted my own books. 

There is just no consistency with CGC grading.  Sent in 50 Amazing Spider-Man #625-650 books.  All unread and purchased from Midtown Comics when they came out.  All stored together in a a long box since they came out.  I pre-screened these books and expected about (18) 9.8s in each lot.  One batch has (4) 9.8s and the next batch has (19) 9.8s.  Seriously - that much of a difference?  Most of the grader notes on the bad batch of books state "light creasing on cover" with a couple "crunch right bottom of back cover".

CGC1.jpg

CGC2.jpg

On 3/16/2022 at 4:26 PM, Stefan_W said:

Grades are in and it is marked as shipped for tomorrow.

This is a special one for me. Up to now I have always submitted through a presser. This time I pressed and submitted my own books. 

How'd you do? Or will you peek?

On 3/16/2022 at 4:32 PM, lonetree said:

There is just no consistency with CGC grading.  Sent in 50 Amazing Spider-Man #625-650 books.  All unread and purchased from Midtown Comics when they came out.  All stored together in a a long box since they came out.  I pre-screened these books and expected about (18) 9.8s in each lot.  One batch has (4) 9.8s and the next batch has (19) 9.8s.  Seriously - that much of a difference?  Most of the grader notes on the bad batch of books state "light creasing on cover" with a couple "crunch right bottom of back cover".

CGC1.jpg

CGC2.jpg

Now I domt feel as bad about my latest sub, that I posted in back from cgc, although most were what I though, except like 3 to 4. The IM169 and the ASM 258 and the young avengers 27, but al, had gradersNote. I suppose they all line up