• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,079 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2022 at 10:46 AM, Stefan_W said:

Shifted to Quality Control/Finalized a few minutes ago, 28 March 2022.

Things are lightening fast at the moment. 

Thanks for the update. So when will my 12/3, 12 book modern sub that isn't a prescreen be done? FIFO?

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

On 3/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, Stefan_W said:

I am about to send in a modern FT in a couple of days from now. Based on what people here are saying it is exceptionally fast once it hits SFG, but the slow part right now is it is taking a month or more to even get the boxes open and into the system. Once this backlog clears out though it should be pretty smooth sailing. 

That was my experience. Took three weeks to open my two comic Modern FT w/CCS pressing submission, then a week and a half total at CCS/CGC, and then shipped. Assuming the currently-in-transit package arrives this week, my TAT was about five weeks. 

Edited by alexanderjk

On 3/29/2022 at 7:46 AM, gregwynn said:

Labels? Or no Labels? Just wondering if it makes a difference? It shouldnt but....

No labels. Apparently it does make a small difference based on what others have said, but I have never used the label option. 

On 3/28/2022 at 4:20 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

Might need to make a current turnaround rates at USPS thread. :frustrated:

How long have you been waiting? Mine shipped 19 days ago...no tracking updates in 11 days. I opened a missing package claim and they closed it out saying "it's on the way".

On 3/29/2022 at 8:44 AM, Sdmeyer11 said:

How long have you been waiting? Mine shipped 19 days ago...no tracking updates in 11 days. I opened a missing package claim and they closed it out saying "it's on the way".

Marked shipped by CGC on the 18th, didn't get picked up by USPS until 21st, and just arrived at a regional sorting facility on the 27th. Hoping to get it by Saturday. I'm sure your's will start scanning again, they are just slooow. 

On 3/29/2022 at 8:47 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

Marked shipped by CGC on the 18th, didn't get picked up by USPS until 21st, and just arrived at a regional sorting facility on the 27th. Hoping to get it by Saturday. I'm sure your's will start scanning again, they are just slooow. 

Fingers crossed. Maddening when the last update is that it left a sorting facility 45min away from my house and then nothing for 11 days and counting. Wah! I want my comics! 

There is some wackiness going on for sure. I have 15 Modern FT, which are going to Grading/QC today. Yet, my walkthrough that I spent more money on to get quick turnaround is still stuck on G/E/I. I take it that WK would go to a different set of graders than a Modern FT would, correct? I'm new to sending things to CGC, but this is some really odd stuff that a WK would still be where it is at.

On 3/29/2022 at 4:46 AM, gregwynn said:

Labels? Or no Labels? Just wondering if it makes a difference? It shouldnt but....

To be honest if I was reselling a book I would just go regular label. Although some people like the labels, a lot of people I have talked to would rather have all of their books match. I try to appeal to the majority and I think most people would rather have the regular labels. I don't mind the labels but I would not pay any more for them if there were 2 exact books and one had custom labels versus regular.

On 3/29/2022 at 9:31 AM, captainzombie said:

There is some wackiness going on for sure. I have 15 Modern FT, which are going to Grading/QC today. Yet, my walkthrough that I spent more money on to get quick turnaround is still stuck on G/E/I. I take it that WK would go to a different set of graders than a Modern FT would, correct? I'm new to sending things to CGC, but this is some really odd stuff that a WK would still be where it is at.

So my 15 Modern FT grades are complete and have been setup for shipping, yet my walkthrough is still at G/E/I. Has anyone ever had this happen?

Two of my Batman books have the same exact grader notes and grade. I can agree with one of the books getting the grade that it received, but the other one was in immaculate shape after I cleaned it and pressed it. It looks like there are 3 books that I will need to crack open and repress because their grades seem to be off.

Edited by captainzombie

On 3/29/2022 at 2:13 PM, Sdmeyer11 said:
On 3/29/2022 at 9:14 AM, Sdmeyer11 said:

Fingers crossed. Maddening when the last update is that it left a sorting facility 45min away from my house and then nothing for 11 days and counting. Wah! I want my comics! 

Out of the blue my books arrived today! Woohoo!

^^^^:yeehaw:^^