• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

Slow Track Modern + CCS

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13/21~ - Received by CCS

11/24/21 - CCS in Process

(No longer showing on dashboard)

3/24/22 - SFG (back on dashboard)

3/29/22 - GEI

3/30/22 - G/QC

3/30/22 - Shipped

-----

kinda disappointing. 2 spawn 1s from childhood. 1 got a 9.8, the other got a 9.6 with grader notes saying there are color breaking spine tics. there weren't any prior to shipping and i do have pictures so i'll have to inspect it when it arrives.

also kinda surprised i even got grader notes on a 9.6.

-----

In-house Signing + CCS (Bagley)

1/10 - Mailed to CGC 

1/12 - Delivered to CGC facility

1/24 - Received by CGC

1/24 - Received by CCS

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

On 3/30/2022 at 4:01 PM, jjfversion1 said:
On 3/29/2022 at 7:26 PM, Fisionbomb said:

25 book slow boat prescreen modern "received" in CGC's system 12/07/21 (don't have record of delivered date) moved to G/E/I today 03/29/22.

Nice!

Interesting that Modern Prescreen subs seem to be moving faster recently than non-Prescreen subs. I have 50 moderns with the same Received/SFG date as yours that are still SFG. My experience from 2021 was that Prescreens usually added more time to your submission, but that does not seem to be the case anymore.

And moved today 03/31/22 to shipped. Prescreen was 9.8 with 6 rejects.  I HAVE FAILED MISERABLY. 

Well, now I know why my lightning-fast, five-week TAT for CCS and FT grading for two modern comics happened: CCS didn’t even press the books, apparently.

Posted a thread in the grading and restoration forum. 

(Oh, and a bonus corner bend that wasn’t there when I sent it, and wasn’t even acknowledged in the notes.)

Edited by alexanderjk

On 3/31/2022 at 6:56 AM, Ryan. said:

8/11/21 for me. Still SFG. I'm so close to the submission dropping off the tracking page. :cloud9:

8/12 for me. Hopefully we see some movement soon! 

Value Tier

Shipped to CGC 5/17/2021

Received 7/18/2021

Got them back in the mail yesterday 5/30/2022. I know this isn't the place for grading issues just TAT, but after my last 2 subs I believe I'm done for the foreseeable future. Seems like TAT is the least of the concerns..... Light creasing to cover light finger bend to cover 6.5 Light creasing to cover, light spine stress lines to cover 7.0 no color breaking..... WTF??????? complete waste of money and a year..........

On 3/31/2022 at 9:13 AM, irishcritic said:

Value Tier

Shipped to CGC 5/17/2021

Received 7/18/2021

Got them back in the mail yesterday 5/30/2022. I know this isn't the place for grading issues just TAT, but after my last 2 subs I believe I'm done for the foreseeable future. Seems like TAT is the least of the concerns..... Light creasing to cover light finger bend to cover 6.5 Light creasing to cover, light spine stress lines to cover 7.0 no color breaking..... WTF??????? complete waste of money and a year..........

Blackstone has figured out that lower grades means more resubmissions and twice the profit for for each book submitted. 💰💰💲💲

Edited by ak47po

On 3/31/2022 at 8:58 AM, ak47po said:

Blackrock has figured out that lower grades means more resubmissions and twice the profit for for each book submitted. 💰💰💲💲

Ive got absolutely no argument against that unfortunately.............

Things are definitely flying now.

Just has a package of pre-screen slow track moderns that arrived on March 21 enter in to SFG. They are saying they are opening packages from the week of the 7th but it seems they are going faster than that unless I got lucky. 

On 3/31/2022 at 8:13 AM, irishcritic said:

Value Tier

Shipped to CGC 5/17/2021

Received 7/18/2021

It's definitely a case by case basis. Over the past 2 months I've gotten back 7 submissions. The first 2 were pressed and graded to perfection. The next 3 submissions were graded somewhat harshly, but consistent with how CGC has graded books in the past when they tighten the screws a bit. However, my last 2 submissions were likely graded by someone using a completely different criteria than all the previous submissions. For example, on average, 75-80% of books are graded to match or exceed what I was expecting. Worst case scenario, I'm about 50% correct. The last 2 submissions came back with only 3 out of 43 books graded as 9.8. I inspected all the books and still can't figure out how most of them didn't get a 9.8 grade. 

On 3/8/2022 at 4:34 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Mechanical Error/Label Error:

• Delivered to CGC: 2/3/22
  • Received: 2/4/22
  • SFG: 2/4/22
  • Grading/QC: 3/4/22
  • Shipped: 3/7/22
  • Received: 3/8/22…Still mislabeled :censored:

Mechanical Error/Label Error: Let's do this again...

• Received: 3/24/22 with an extra sheet of paper reading, "FIX THE LABEL"
  • Scheduled for Grading: 3/24/22
  • Grading/QC: 3/30/22
  • Shipped: 4/1/22....system still shows the book as mislabeled. I'll wait to see if it was fixed.

Here's something I've never had happen...

October Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to CGC                       9/25
Delivered to CGC                     9/27
‘Received’ by CGC                  10/13 (12 business days later / 12 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading             10/13 (0 business days later / 12 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation #1     10/13 (0 business days later / 12 days so far)
Credit Card Charged                1/18 (62 business days later / 84 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control #1     1/18 (0 business days later / 84 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation #2   3/31 (50 business days later / 134 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control #2  3/31 (0 business days later / 134 days so far)

Edited by Troy Division
now it hit grading / quality control again...

On 3/31/2022 at 11:21 AM, skybolt said:

It's definitely a case by case basis. Over the past 2 months I've gotten back 7 submissions. The first 2 were pressed and graded to perfection. The next 3 submissions were graded somewhat harshly, but consistent with how CGC has graded books in the past when they tighten the screws a bit. However, my last 2 submissions were likely graded by someone using a completely different criteria than all the previous submissions. For example, on average, 75-80% of books are graded to match or exceed what I was expecting. Worst case scenario, I'm about 50% correct. The last 2 submissions came back with only 3 out of 43 books graded as 9.8. I inspected all the books and still can't figure out how most of them didn't get a 9.8 grade. 

Yea it is a bit of a mystery how light cover creasing got a 6.5......... I've been grading since CGC opened, and I've never seen anything like this. I received a modern, standard, and value tier back and all 3 were unbelievable. All 3 were pressed as well. Don't get me started on the one they ripped................. it's an interesting one but not for this forum. I think i am finally at the point where i cant see the justification for the expense from a flipping or collecting perspective. Paying for inconsistency, long waits, and horrible QC just don't make sense to me. I'm glad to see they seem to be speeding up a little, but for me it isn't enough to justify the expense.

On 3/31/2022 at 9:31 AM, Troy Division said:

Here's something I've never had happen...

October Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to CGC                       9/25
Delivered to CGC                     9/27
‘Received’ by CGC                  10/13 (12 business days later / 12 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading             10/13 (0 business days later / 12 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation #1     10/13 (0 business days later / 12 days so far)
Credit Card Charged                1/18 (62 business days later / 84 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control #1     1/18 (0 business days later / 84 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation #2   3/31 (50 business days later / 134 days so far)
Grading / Quality Control #2  3/31 (0 business days later / 134 days so far)

That's weird. I wonder if they damaged them and secretly had them pressed.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:38 PM, Tnexus said:

That's weird. I wonder if they damaged them and secretly had them pressed.

Then just a moment ago this order switched to 'shipped' with tomorrow's date.
Bizarre.
Maybe an April Fool's Day joke...

And with the various grades I received I do not believe they were secretly pressed.
In all likelihood these were recently (re)discovered and pushed through the process to meet turnaround time.

Edited by Troy Division
clarify syntax