• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2022 at 4:13 PM, captainzombie said:

My brother had to do that yesterday and give them a call as he has had books still sitting at CGC since May 2021. He thinks he may have had some resolution on getting his books finally to get graded but he still feels uncertain even speaking to a manager.

May 2021?  Wow.  I can maybe see it taking that long if they went to CCS first, but otherwise I'd be pretty worried if I were him.

On 7/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, Petroman said:

May 2021?  Wow.  I can maybe see it taking that long if they went to CCS first, but otherwise I'd be pretty worried if I were him.

I know that he did send them in for CCS, and he has like 20+ books over there.

On 6/27/2022 at 7:54 PM, Kerdese said:

Yay! My books were finally charged for pressing. 1 year and 2 weeks. Now, the wait for the rest begins. 

10 days since they said they were going to charge my card for pressing and the status hasn't changed yet. Still sitting at received. Is this normal?

On 7/7/2022 at 6:18 PM, Kerdese said:

10 days since they said they were going to charge my card for pressing and the status hasn't changed yet. Still sitting at received. Is this normal?

Woah!! One year??!! Damn...gonna be awhile.  

On 7/7/2022 at 6:22 PM, littledoom said:

Dropped off 2 books at Wondercon April 1st weekend and got them back July 1st weekend. So only 3 months!  

Standard, right?  Not Slow Economy?

Edited by Beastfeast

On 7/7/2022 at 7:54 PM, Beastfeast said:
On 7/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, littledoom said:

Dropped off 2 books at Wondercon April 1st weekend and got them back July 1st weekend. So only 3 months!  

Standard tier, right?  Now Slow Economy?

I was wondering what tier as well, I have a 6/24 ft economy, and for some odd reason I expect it within two more weeks, right?

23 days?

Lol one can hope, as the book was worth it just to get something back timely, uno book :)

On 7/7/2022 at 3:18 PM, Kerdese said:

Depending on the tier yeah… my modern slow track books received by CCS in July ‘21 were charged by CCS in March, and didn’t make it to CGC side and SFG until June. Also have August ‘21 subs that were finally charged 2 weeks ago still in received.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:09 PM, skybolt said:

One of my five 5/12 received slow modern submissions just went to G/E/I. I hate to say this, but these days I'm dreading getting books back due to A.) CGC's tough grading on about 1/3 of my submissions, and B.) the slow selling market, which creates a lot more inventory.

These books went from SFG to shipped in about 5 hours. I received 12 - 9.8's, 4 - 9.6's, 5 - 9.4's, 2 - 9.2's, 1 - 9.0, 1 - 8.5 & 1 - 7.0. I need to inspect the books upon arrival, but this was a batch where I wasn't expecting all 9.8's. I knew there would be a bunch of 9.4's and 9.6's. The 7.0 had light foxing noted, so that makes sense.

As far as sending in multiple copies of the same book in one submission is concerned, here are the results:

6 newsstand copies of Crisis on Infinite Earths #2 (1985) - 2 - 9.8's, 1 - 9.6, 2 - 9.4's and 1 - 9.0.

7 newsstand copies of Crisis on Infinite Earths #4 (1985) - All came back as 9.8's. :whatthe:

On 7/7/2022 at 5:54 PM, Beastfeast said:

Standard, right?  Not Slow Economy?

I can't remember. Whichever was the cheapest option. I was surprised to get them back so quickly. Guess that's what happens when u drop off directly to the source. I plan to submit a couple more at SDCC

Edited by littledoom

I am planning on going to C2E2 next month and CGC will be there. I was going to drop off a bunch of books on Friday. A buddy of mine was saying that usually they have them graded and encapsulated by Sunday which is the end of the show. Has that been everyone's experience that has gone to a Con as I see some people have had their books taken back to the CGC facility for grading and then shipped to the customer.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth bringing some books with if they were to be graded over the weekend on site.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:26 AM, captainzombie said:

I am planning on going to C2E2 next month and CGC will be there. I was going to drop off a bunch of books on Friday. A buddy of mine was saying that usually they have them graded and encapsulated by Sunday which is the end of the show. Has that been everyone's experience that has gone to a Con as I see some people have had their books taken back to the CGC facility for grading and then shipped to the customer.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth bringing some books with if they were to be graded over the weekend on site.

if they are having onsite grading specifically then yes that can happen. Just dropping off at a con doesn't really translate unless it is advertised as onsite grading.

CGC goes to a lot of cons for people to drop off, but it is only onsite grading and appearing early first chance you get to drop off that institutes the possible Sunday completeness :banana::cheers::foryou: 

On 7/8/2022 at 8:33 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

if they are having onsite grading specifically then yes that can happen. Just dropping off at a con doesn't really translate unless it is advertised as onsite grading.

CGC goes to a lot of cons for people to drop off, but it is only onsite grading and appearing early first chance you get to drop off that institutes the possible Sunday completeness :banana::cheers::foryou: 

Thank you! I wonder if @CGC Mike can confirm if CGC will do on site grading for next month's C2E2.

On 7/6/2022 at 12:44 PM, Stefan_W said:

10 ME books

Arrived and SFG on 23 June 2022

Moved to GEI on 6 July 2022

My experience so far has been that ME books sit in GEI for about 2-3 weeks before they are slabbed and shipped out. The total TATs are always really good. 

Flipped to Q/C Finalized today, July 8 2022. This sets a speed record for me for ME books. Very impressive.