• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,135 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/1/2022 at 1:31 PM, ak47po said:

The Post office hasn't delivered it to CGC yet. Don't know what they are waiting for?

I believe they have but, we haven't opened the packages yet, and marked them as received.  

• Administrator

Turnaround times reflect the estimated number of working days to complete a submission delivered to our facility today. Turnaround times are estimates only and are NOT guaranteed. Due to high submission volumes, there may be a delay in opening incoming packages. 

On 7/1/2022 at 12:20 PM, ak47po said:

Does anyone know how many times a week CGC picks USPS parcels? Mine was delivered and has been sitting in the Sarasota PO for two days waiting for pickup.(shrug)

Mine arrived on Thursday morning in Sarasota...was even out for delivery at some point, but I am still waiting for the delivery scan.

Getting really nervous... especially since I used the Canada Post/USPS express service...

On 7/2/2022 at 2:43 PM, Frederic9494 said:

Mine arrived on Thursday morning in Sarasota...was even out for delivery at some point, but I am still waiting for the delivery scan.

Getting really nervous... especially since I used the Canada Post/USPS express service...

Apparently my package was delivered, it's showing up in my submissions list, and the confirmed package delivery.  So the USPS didn't scan it or get a signature which is the service i paid for. When i track the number today the post office site gives me " Arrived at Sarasota P.O. on June 30,2022 at 11:36 am. :whatthe:

Edited by ak47po

On 7/2/2022 at 4:29 PM, ak47po said:

Apparently my package was delivered, it's showing up in my submissions list, and the confirmed package delivery.  So the USPS didn't scan it or get a signature which is the service i paid for. When i track the number today the post office site gives me " Arrived at Sarasota P.O. on June 30,2022 at 11:36 am. :whatthe:

Thanks! I checked again on my submission list, and it's now listed as delivered. (thumbsu Not so much on USPS or Canada Post!

On 6/28/2022 at 11:38 AM, Stefan_W said:

Modern slow track 25 books

SFG 26 Apr 2022

GEI 23 Jun 2022

QC 27 Jun 2022

Finalized on 28 Jun 2022 and scheduled to ship out the next day.

The last batch that finalized yesterday had surprisingly good results, and this batch was the exact opposite and was completely and utterly hosed by the grader. The grades and not even close to what I was expecting on the majority of books. Apparently I got the grader again who loves giving out 9.0 to 9.4 on books with tiny flaws that would most often be called 9.6. 

I am going to eat a bit of crow with this one. 

I cracked 8 of the slabs that I figured were worth cracking and only 3 of those were clearly undergraded with one at the borderline. The others were graded correctly. Assuming the ones that were not worth cracking are about the same the overall grading was not as bad as I initially thought (although still a bit tougher than usual), and in most cases I just missed small things that I should have caught before sending the books in. 

Live and learn. 

On 7/5/2022 at 1:40 PM, Stefan_W said:

I am going to eat a bit of crow with this one. 

I cracked 8 of the slabs that I figured were worth cracking and only 3 of those were clearly undergraded with one at the borderline. The others were graded correctly. Assuming the ones that were not worth cracking are about the same the overall grading was not as bad as I initially thought (although still a bit tougher than usual), and in most cases I just missed small things that I should have caught before sending the books in. 

Live and learn. 

Are you resubbing all 8 books?

On 7/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are you resubbing all 8 books?

I am re-subbing the 4 that I believe were undergraded, three will be graded but through Comic Link to go directly to auction (saves money and shipping) and one will not be re-graded at all since in retrospect it was a mistake to send it to begin with. The were lots of lessons in this bunch, and is often the case with comic collecting those lessons cost money. 

On 7/5/2022 at 5:55 PM, Stefan_W said:

I am re-subbing the 4 that I believe were undergraded, three will be graded but through Comic Link to go directly to auction (saves money and shipping) and one will not be re-graded at all since in retrospect it was a mistake to send it to begin with. The were lots of lessons in this bunch, and is often the case with comic collecting those lessons cost money. 

What happens if the 4 you feel are undergraded..... come  back the same or lower?

Done cracking?

On 7/5/2022 at 5:57 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What happens if the 4 you feel are undergraded..... come  back the same or lower?

Done cracking?

Yeah. If the grade coming back shows I am wrong more than once I am typically done. There have been exceptions along the line but for much more valuable books than these ones. 

On 7/5/2022 at 7:44 PM, Stefan_W said:

Yeah. If the grade coming back shows I am wrong more than once I am typically done. There have been exceptions along the line but for much more valuable books than these ones. 

Maybe Blackstone recognized the potential resub revenue that comes from inconsistent grading....and are doing it on purpose.

25031488-D997-448F-8A3B-CD5661855CEB.gif.20f5b1d5feb1f7a28d45777550487417.gif

Current TAT:
Economy (Pre - 1975): 232 days
(Fast Track: 23 days)

OUCH.  
I'm not spending another $150 just to get my 10-book orders back faster, but holy cow that's quite the spread.  
Edited by djzombi
typo

apologize if this has already been answered. With the change in CGC's return shipping, where are we for those submissions where the form was filled prior to the change in the price of return shipping. Will those be shipped with USPS or will there be a refund? 

On 7/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Maybe Blackstone recognized the potential resub revenue that comes from inconsistent grading....and are doing it on purpose.

25031488-D997-448F-8A3B-CD5661855CEB.gif.20f5b1d5feb1f7a28d45777550487417.gif

They don't need to do anything like that to pay the bills. Just look at the current TATs to see there is a healthy amount of books in the queue at all times. 

Modern Fast Track  8 books - (No CCS)(TAT estimate 20)

• Delivered to CGC (FedEx Gr.) - 6/27/22
  • Received/SFG - 6/28/22 (D + 1)
  • G/E/I - 7/1/22 (D + 4)
  • GQC - 7/5/22 (D + 5)
  • Shipped - 7/6/22 (D + 7)
  • Delivered - 

Modern 16 books - (No CCS, No FT)(TAT estimate 81)

• G/E/I - 
  • GQC - 
  • Shipped - 
  • Delivered - 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:58 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

Modern Fast Track  8 books - (No CCS)(TAT estimate 20)

• G/E/I - 7/1/22 (D + 4)
  • GQC - 7/5/22 (D + 5)
  • Shipped - 7/6/22 (D + 7)
  • Delivered - 

As for the grading of the FT order here where it ended up: 

Book 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Expected 9.4 9.4 9.8 9.2 9.6 9.8 9.8 9.4
Received 9.2 9.6 9.8 9.4 9.6 9.8 9.6 9.4
Delta -1 1   1     -1