• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 7/11/2022 at 9:42 AM, skybolt said:
On 7/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, skybolt said:

Yup, it happened again. Books went from G/E/I to Shipped in a matter of minutes (without QC being noted), and the grades are horrible again.

1 - 9.8, 10 - 9.6's, 9 - 9.4's, 1 - 9.2, 3 - 9.0's and 1 - 7.5.

All of these books were pressed by a 3rd party, but the 5 grader notes I received included bend and crease notations. I'll need to check the pressing when the books are in hand.

Very frustrating, since most of these books were sent with the hope of getting a 9.8 grade.:tonofbricks:

Ran into another buzz-saw. This submission went to G/E/I at the same time as the one above, so I'm assuming it was the same grader.

2 - 9.8's, 16 - 9.6's, 4 - 9.4', 1 - 9.2 & 1 - 9.0. :(

Please send me the submission numbers along with this text.  That goes for everyone else that have had books pressed and are receiving noted with finger bends, and a low percentage of 9.8's or lower grades than they were expecting.  I will send in all of the submission numbers, text etc... and we will try to find out what is going on with unexpected finger bends and/or lower grades than you were expecting.  Keep in mind, number of books, grades, graders notes submission numbers and any other comment that applies will give us a better chance to find out what is going on.  If there's a problem, you can help to fix it by sending me the above data I have asked for.  

On 7/12/2022 at 7:07 AM, CGC Mike said:

Please send me the submission numbers along with this text.  That goes for everyone else that have had books pressed and are receiving noted with finger bends, and a low percentage of 9.8's or lower grades than they were expecting.  I will send in all of the submission numbers, text etc... and we will try to find out what is going on with unexpected finger bends and/or lower grades than you were expecting.  Keep in mind, number of books, grades, graders notes submission numbers and any other comment that applies will give us a better chance to find out what is going on.  If there's a problem, you can help to fix it by sending me the above data I have asked for.  

Thank you CGC Mike. I will do an honest and thorough job and provide you the best data possible.

• Administrator
On 7/12/2022 at 8:55 AM, skybolt said:

Thank you CGC Mike. I will do an honest and thorough job and provide you the best data possible.

I appreciate that.  :smile:

:golfclap:

(worship)

On 7/11/2022 at 9:12 PM, skybolt said:

So the current TAT's for slow modern CCS pressing is 254 business days. My submission delivered on 3/23/2021 (received 4/11/2021) is currently sitting at 324 business days. In comparison, the other 3 submissions from that time period were pressed and graded almost 5 months ago. Another 5 CCS submissions (received 6/25/2021) were pressed and graded last month. After contacting CGC 5 times over the past 3 months, and basically being told to be patient, what is the next course of action? Anyone else in the same boat with respect to CCS pressing?

Definitely sounds “misplaced”… I have subs from July 2021 being processed now. I’d probably call again. You said you’ve called over the past 3 months but 3 months ago “be patient” might have been reasonable given that they seem to be taking about a full calendar year right now and yours were received in April 2021. At this point, since they are currently pressing July 2021 (slow track) subs, it’s not a reasonable answer. I’d at least want them to verify they can actually locate the books in the warehouse and confirm they are in fact in queue to be pressed, but that’s just me.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:15 AM, wiparker824 said:

Definitely sounds “misplaced”… I have subs from July 2021 being processed now. I’d probably call again. You said you’ve called over the past 3 months but 3 months ago “be patient” might have been reasonable given that they seem to be taking about a full calendar year right now and yours were received in April 2021. At this point, since they are currently pressing July 2021 (slow track) subs, it’s not a reasonable answer. I’d at least want them to verify they can actually locate the books in the warehouse and confirm they are in fact in queue to be pressed, but that’s just me.

The last reply from CGC was on 6/16 where they noted they will physically send someone to look for the submission, but it could take a while due to the thousands of received submissions during that period. I'm hoping that once they got through most of the books received before the price change, this submission will be located.

Thank you @CGC Mike! Should we send you submission numbers along with the CGC# for the slabs? Since March, I have had quite a few of questionable grades and then I even sold some books off to recoup my money which I wish you guys would have said something months ago.

I will tell you this, I have tons of submissions without a single grader note. Shouldn't anything under a 9.6 at least be getting some kind of notes? The worst is, books from the 80's and 90's are getting some of the most off the wall grades and they were books that I pressed and cleaned myself. If a book had severe issues, I am sure not going to send it in wasting my time and money to get a 9.2 all the way down to 8.0's.

On 7/12/2022 at 7:40 AM, skybolt said:

The last reply from CGC was on 6/16 where they noted they will physically send someone to look for the submission, but it could take a while due to the thousands of received submissions during that period. I'm hoping that once they got through most of the books received before the price change, this submission will be located.

Yeah I mean that’s still a month ago… I’d probably call/email for an update. And if they still are saying that it will take “awhile” to find your submission yet alone press and grade it, but just find it… I’d ask them to quantify “awhile” - how long does it normally take them to find a lost submission 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? Like I said I don’t think this is unreasonable given they are actively pressing books 3 months after yours arrived, the very least they could do is find yours. Good luck.

• Administrator
On 7/12/2022 at 11:54 AM, captainzombie said:

Thank you @CGC Mike! Should we send you submission numbers along with the CGC# for the slabs?

More info is always better than not enough so, the answer is yes.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:52 AM, gregwynn said:

Standard received Jun 20th Shipped today

thanks for this update! I think that's about 15-16 business days? I have some received on June 29th, so I'm guessing by the end of next week they should at least be in Grading/QC.

On 7/12/2022 at 1:58 PM, Aarrow108 said:

thanks for this update! I think that's about 15-16 business days? I have some received on June 29th, so I'm guessing by the end of next week they should at least be in Grading/QC.

I went GEI on Friday Afternoon and G/QC and Shipped today

Based on where things are at with slow track moderns my next group should be graded in about 4-5 weeks. I am holding my breath with this one since it is the nicest group I have ever submitted, and I am hoping for solid grading along with a lack of newton rings :) A phone call from CGC letting me know that a couple of books were bumped up a tier based on where the grading landed would be a fantastic plus as well. 

On 7/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, jokiing said:
Received at CGC  5/12/22
25 MODERN Slow Lane
07/08/22 Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Shipped... 7/12/22

Some 8.5's and 9.0 with grader notes only mentioning .... very light creasing to cover...  and 14 out of 25 came back 9.8.

Can anyone provide guidance or an opinion on why a 24 x book modern order would be stalled at G/E/I since 6/20/22? It was marked received on 4/7/22 with no other added services.

I have been watching this thread for weeks and it seems that other people with modern orders received well after mine are getting Q/C and shipped.

I emailed customer service about it last week and they told me there was no issue with my order and books received on 3/16/22 are currently entering quality control which is ridiculous. Greggy has been posting updates all day with modern orders received 5 weeks after mine that have already shipped.

Anyone have any insight? @CGC Mike?

On 7/12/2022 at 2:23 PM, PickleRick1216 said:

Can anyone provide guidance or an opinion on why a 24 x book modern order would be stalled at G/E/I since 6/20/22? It was marked received on 4/7/22 with no other added services.

I have been watching this thread for weeks and it seems that other people with modern orders received well after mine are getting Q/C and shipped.

I emailed customer service about it last week and they told me there was no issue with my order and books received on 3/16/22 are currently entering quality control which is ridiculous. Greggy has been posting updates all day with modern orders received 5 weeks after mine that have already shipped.

Anyone have any insight? @CGC Mike?

Rule 

#1. Never compare your TAT with @greggy TAT.

#2. See rule #1.