• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2022 at 11:59 AM, ak47po said:

Link to thread.

you may be wrong for all I know but you may be right, you may be right, I may be crazy :) 

Spoiler

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/10/2022 at 11:52 AM, ak47po said:

According to MattM CS Admin the signing has started, "

Hello,

We do not make the dates public knowledge until the signing has finished. We did take a number of submissions to NYCC 2022 to have McFarlane sign them there so you may see some of your submissions moving through the system or finished shortly. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

To be fair, some signed at NYCC is not the same as saying, "the in-house signing has 'started" so  I'll give it the 3 weeks later that they tell me, that "then CGC will be worried" and see if it works out hm 

On 11/2/2022 at 12:19 PM, camera73 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Of the ones that have shipped - are you happy with the grades?

Grading has been fine the last 9 months.  100 books per month every month and all books come back right on or higher than my grades.  

one of my packages for mcfarlane was delivered to CGC on the 7th.

i know they're gonna honor it, but i'm still kind of nervous it's not on my dashboard yet.

entering the tracking on CGC does show they have it in their possession. i'm assuming they're just extremely backlogged at opening last minute packages.

hopefully soon! 🤞

On 11/11/2022 at 9:49 PM, qlow said:

one of my packages for mcfarlane was delivered to CGC on the 7th.

i know they're gonna honor it, but i'm still kind of nervous it's not on my dashboard yet.

entering the tracking on CGC does show they have it in their possession. i'm assuming they're just extremely backlogged at opening last minute packages.

hopefully soon! 🤞

The 7th of November? 
I

Spoiler

have a  McFarlane that I have in writing not to worry about that was delivered Oct 10th, that they tell me "not to worry about"

Telling me doesn't help that much, as it shows delivered  at cgc, in their delivery tracking, but is not under submission tracking and is now past the deadline

Yadda yadda but would help if I'm not alone waiting since Oct 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

The latest word from on high.  There's really no good reason to begin the TAT count at the day an order is entered into CGC's system rather than on the day the parcel is delivered to CGC's warehouse.  Receiving (Grading Process Step 1/7) and Shipping (Grading Process Step 7/7) are bookends to the entire process (the total time a submission is in the custody of CGC).  Symmetry demands that both steps be included in the TAT count:preach:

TAT-Def-2.thumb.png.79c5a971b132b2ca6657516e7cc27e20.png

Only the weak resort to illogical and indefensible definitions to make themselves look better.  My advice to CGC?  You're supposed to be the King of the Jungle, so mannup and stop playing silly word games!  :makepoint:

Edited by zzutak

On 11/13/2022 at 4:24 PM, Tnexus said:

If it takes a company 100 days to open a package and 20 days to grade it, then the turnaround time is 120 days, full stop.

Claiming receiving times don't count is just BS. I get that signings and Cons increase time. That's fine, just post it as such.

I don't think they really claim that? Or they shouldn't because the last made announcement that has been regulation forever is that it starts when delivered @CGC Mike

On 11/13/2022 at 5:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't think they really claim that? Or they shouldn't because the last made announcement that has been regulation forever is that it starts when delivered @CGC Mike

Of course, this Matt guy has been wrong before and someone else (Matthew?) has had to set him straight.

Edited by Gaard

On 11/13/2022 at 4:43 PM, Gaard said:

Of course, this Matt guy has been wrong before and someone else (Matthew?) has had to set him straight.

Well even if it was and just not honored, I can't make them honor it either, and I've shown them their announcement spring 2021 and it made no difference or bearing.

I don't doubt they wouldn't bother to note a change with an announcement,, because no one there new they made that promise. Let alone honored it.  :(