• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2022 at 1:39 PM, docgo said:

Signature Series Modern Slow Track

• 12/22 - Received
  • 12/27 - SFG
  • 12/27 - GEI
  • 12/28 - Credit Card Charged
  • 12/28 - Grading/QC
  • 12/29 - Shipped

The above is the 3rd SS submission of mine that has skated through while another has been stuck in SFG since 11/8. There are 11 books in the batch which were sent in for pressing then regrading: 8 are Signature Series and 3 are Universal. Here is the current breakdown:

• 2/10 - Delivered to CGC
  • 3/21 - Received at CCS
  • 3/22 - Changed service from Modern to Signature Series Modern
  • 9/19 - CCS in Process
  • 9/19 - Credit Card Charged
  • 11/8 - SFG
  • 11/9 - Credit Card Charged
  • 11/17 - 3 Universal books moved off submission

While the submission has 3 less books in it, there wasn’t an additional submission added just for the 3 books. I’ve asked the submissions department every two weeks where these books are and they tell me to be patient. I ask them why the 8 books are stuck in SFG while I have other submissions moving through very quickly and they tell me to be patient. In the last email I sent them, I asked if they could have someone physically see the books so that I know they’re not lost and they replied that they have “thousands of submissions that we must sort through in order to find them”.

It should be noted that they have been very nice throughout this ordeal but haven’t given me any answers that would make me worry less. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Perhaps it was my fault for mixing Universal books with SS for a single pressing and regrading submission (I didn’t think it would matter). I don’t know. It has me perplexed (shrug)

@CGC Mike can you help with this perhaps?

Fortunately, the three books were found…in a new submission at CCS. Now to figure out what they’re doing there lol

Thanks to Mike and the rest of the crew at CGC!

On 1/4/2023 at 2:22 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Seems like CGC is actually catching up on slow track Economy.

My 12/28/21 were shipped on 12/6/22

and now less than a month later my:

3/23/22 slow track economy just went to GEI.

Lol I'm still awaiting my 3/14/22 to move, so hopefully soon. :)

On 1/5/2023 at 7:07 AM, sledgehammer said:

What were the turnaround times supposed to be back then?

I don't recall off hand, but I want to say it was the start of when we realized it was way longer than estimated. I want to say I was still hoping to have them back before registry awards in June. So maybe about three months at the time was still posted as the estimated :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/5/2023 at 9:14 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't recall off hand, but I want to say it was the start of when we realized it was way longer than estimated. I want to say I was still hoping to have them back before registry awards in June. So maybe about three months at the time was still posted as the estimated :)

Thanks. I'll quit checking on my May submission for a while.

:frown:

On 1/5/2023 at 9:20 AM, sledgehammer said:
On 1/5/2023 at 9:14 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Expand  

Thanks. I'll quit checking on my May submission for a while.

Fyi I just got around to checking today, and the econ slow received 3/14/22 no press...

Has gone to GEI this 1/05/23. ^^