• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

25 Modern Slow Prescreen

Shipped: 3/29

Delivered : 3/31

Received: 4/7

SFG: 4/7

GEI: 4/14

CC Charged: 4/18

Grading\QC: 4/18

Shipped: 4/18 (Although it shows a date of 4/19 so I guess it's going out tomorrow)

Excited to receive these books. This is first set of books that I cleaned and pressed myself. 23 of 25 passed the 9.6 pre-screen. Anxious to open the box and see the grades. I enjoy taking the books out of the box one by one WAY too much to look at the grades now. :D

On 4/18/2023 at 4:21 PM, JollyComics said:

I have a strong feeling the turnarounds will be backtracked again in May 2023 after the announcement of the updated services and pricing effective on May 2, 2023.

Hopefully the small increase on these two levels won't lead to a mad rush.

• Modern tier – fee changed to $25 $1.00 increase
  • Economy tier – name changed to Vintage; fee changed to $37 $2.00 increase

Of course I'm not someone who ever sends in 25 books at a time, so for me it would only be at most a $10 to $20 increase and not a $25-$50 increase on my submission. 

On 4/18/2023 at 3:36 PM, toro said:

Hopefully the small increase on these two levels won't lead to a mad rush.

• Modern tier – fee changed to $25 $1.00 increase
  • Economy tier – name changed to Vintage; fee changed to $37 $2.00 increase

Of course I'm not someone who ever sends in 25 books at a time, so for me it would only be at most a $10 to $20 increase and not a $25-$50 increase on my submission. 

Every time, CGC increased the prices on all tiers an services. The chain reaction started.  Someone will send 25 books to save $25 dollars.

On 4/18/2023 at 1:40 PM, JollyComics said:

Every time, CGC increased the prices on all tiers an services. The chain reaction started.  Someone will send 25 books to save $25 dollars.

And these are the same people that have griped after every price increase and said "I'm done", yet still make a mad rush to submit when it happens :shiftyeyes:

So idk if there's a better thread for this but some of my books shipped on the 12th and the tracking hasn't updated at all since then. They were moved from Sarasota to Tampa. But I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not about it since this has never happened to me. 

On 4/19/2023 at 9:16 PM, Amandasue1213 said:

So idk if there's a better thread for this but some of my books shipped on the 12th and the tracking hasn't updated at all since then. They were moved from Sarasota to Tampa. But I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not about it since this has never happened to me. 

Have you entered your tracking number into CGC’s tracking tool to see if they do have it?

CGC picked up one of my packages, and it’s in their system. However, USPS shows it as not picked up with delivery reminders being sent. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/19/2023 at 10:51 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Have you entered your tracking number into CGC’s tracking tool to see if they do have it?

CGC picked up one of my packages, and it’s in their system. However, USPS shows it as not picked up with delivery reminders being sent. 

Is there tracking other than the one under submission status? When I click that one it just brings me to USPS where it just says the same it left CGC and has been "en route" from Tampa since the 12th 

On 4/20/2023 at 6:32 AM, Amandasue1213 said:

Is there tracking other than the one under submission status? When I click that one it just brings me to USPS where it just says the same it left CGC and has been "en route" from Tampa since the 12th 

This is what I see when I use their Confirm Package Delivery tool. If if doesn’t show this, then it probably hasn’t been scanned in their system. 

IMG_4813.thumb.png.3fb5fe3b8d162597d94580584411cdd2.png

As you can see QC at the USPS is taking a break because according to them the package still hasn’t been picked up. 

IMG_4814.thumb.png.e158250c56b7fcbc9abcb5cdab96d0f2.png

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 4/20/2023 at 7:37 AM, awakeintheashes said:

This is what I see when I use their Confirm Package Delivery tool. If if doesn’t show this, then it probably hasn’t been scanned in their system. 

IMG_4813.thumb.png.3fb5fe3b8d162597d94580584411cdd2.png

As you can see QC at the USPS is taking a break because according to them the package still hasn’t been picked up. 

IMG_4814.thumb.png.e158250c56b7fcbc9abcb5cdab96d0f2.png

Yea when I did that it said it either hasn't been scanned or hasn't been delivered. How long do you think until I should try to contact someone if it doesn't show? 

On 4/20/2023 at 9:40 AM, Amandasue1213 said:

Yea when I did that it said it either hasn't been scanned or hasn't been delivered. How long do you think until I should try to contact someone if it doesn't show? 

If USPS shows it has been rerouted, you may want to call USPS to find out what is going on. 

Also, sign up to receive text updates from USPS. I don’t know why, but sometimes that knocks things loose. 

On 4/12/2023 at 9:51 AM, jjfversion1 said:

Looks like TAT for Standard Magazine subs are down to 25 business days. Anyone have books in this tier at CGC? My books were received/SFG on 12/07/22 and I am approaching close to 90 business days. The status changed to GEI a few weeks ago, but no movement since.

Status changed today to grading/quality control. Light at the end of the tunnel!