• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,014 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, Sdmeyer11 said:

You just dashed my hope. :(

I just got off the phone with CS. While the ladies there are sweet, it's like there is nothing they can do and give you the TAT chart spiel. I just find it annoying to see when other packages that were received 4-5 days after ours are being opened up and its like what kind of que or workflow do they have over there. I know TATs are better than they used to be, they should of used that as a barometer for improving process and they do not seem like they are.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:41 AM, captainzombie said:

I just got off the phone with CS. While the ladies there are sweet, it's like there is nothing they can do and give you the TAT chart spiel. I just find it annoying to see when other packages that were received 4-5 days after ours are being opened up and its like what kind of que or workflow do they have over there. I know TATs are better than they used to be, they should of used that as a barometer for improving process and they do not seem like they are.

Thanks for the update. I know that I'm just being completely impatient. This is my first submission of books I pressed myself so I'm anxious so how well (or poorly) I did. Like you said, the TATs have improved greatly....but odd order of opening packages doesn't make sense.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:46 AM, Sdmeyer11 said:

Thanks for the update. I know that I'm just being completely impatient. This is my first submission of books I pressed myself so I'm anxious so how well (or poorly) I did. Like you said, the TATs have improved greatly....but odd order of opening packages doesn't make sense.

No problem at all. I know about being impatient, LOL! With my subs since the Fall, they have been opening them up the same week and at least getting to SFG. Here they seem to be shuffled/lost in the their shipping part of the warehouse and who knows when they will get to these. I also press and clean my own books, and totally understand where you are coming from to see how these books grade since you did the work on them. Best of luck on these books and hope they get the grades you are expecting.

On 4/7/2023 at 11:50 AM, Sdmeyer11 said:

I'm official now:

25 Modern Slow Prescreen

Shipped: 3/29

Delivered : 3/31

Received: 4/7

SFG: 4/7

That gives me some hope. Mine was also delivered on the 31st but nothing yet. Hopefully by the end of the day. Came here looking for this thread as I knew calling wouldn't really help open my stuff any faster as I'm sure they'd have to dig through all the other boxes there if anything was done at all. 

On 4/7/2023 at 1:46 PM, ophidia31 said:

That gives me some hope. Mine was also delivered on the 31st but nothing yet. Hopefully by the end of the day. Came here looking for this thread as I knew calling wouldn't really help open my stuff any faster as I'm sure they'd have to dig through all the other boxes there if anything was done at all. 

Mine was delivered on the 28th first thing in the morning and here I still wait for it to be entered into the system while I see others that had theirs delivered 3-4 days after mine go to SFG and some already have had theirs shipped. Fun times at CGC.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:59 PM, captainzombie said:

Mine was delivered on the 28th first thing in the morning and here I still wait for it to be entered into the system while I see others that had theirs delivered 3-4 days after mine go to SFG and some already have had theirs shipped. Fun times at CGC.

Yeah, another day passed for me. I looked and mine was on the 30th even. If there isn't a shipped status by next thursday the complaining starts since I paid for fast tracking and that will give the 10 business days (I don't really count the day it was delivered). 

On 4/7/2023 at 8:59 PM, captainzombie said:

Yours get in the system today? Just looked and mine are in sfg now. 

The MEs must be really backed up. I called CGC almost two weeks ago to get an international shipping label for a book with debris in the case from my last order and it still has not been processed. I called again this AM and it sounds like they are just really backlogged.

For perspective I usually get the label in 2-3 business days.

Edited by Stefan_W

Reholder received 01/19, shipping back 04/11... More than 3 months for reholders is yucky.

On 4/10/2023 at 10:58 AM, Stefan_W said:

The MEs must be really backed up. I called CGC almost two weeks ago to get an international shipping label for a book with debris in the case from my last order and it still has not been processed. I called again this AM and it sounds like they are just really backlogged.

For perspective I usually get the label in 2-3 business days.

Jan/Dec, mine were about 20-25 days for ME. Turnaround for ME is definitely ~40 or more days now.

Edited by Le Chat Noir

On 4/10/2023 at 10:27 AM, ophidia31 said:

Yours get in the system today? Just looked and mine are in sfg now. 

Mine did not yet. I did message @CGC Mike about this over the weekend. I have a feeling now that my package was misplaced. When you contact CS, you get the "TAT -script spiel" which is a joke because when you see others in this thread that had their books arrive later after mine and are getting put into the system, it shows there is no order in how packages are opened up. I'm just hoping at this point that @CGC Mike can track my box down.

Glad that you got yours into the system, which gives a piece of mind that they are not sitting in their facility somewhere unboxed.

On 4/10/2023 at 4:05 PM, workingdog said:

It's got to be a typo.  How did TAT's for Reholders go from 76/78 days down to 25?

image.thumb.png.fcdd5783b62e7238772f80517e34c637.png

I have a reholder that changed status to Shipped on Friday but with date 4/10/23.  It was received at CGC on 1/23, and according to my business day calculator this puts it at about 55 days.

The ReHolder High Value is also currently listed at 25 days.  I suspect this is correct, and the wrong number of days was entered for regular ReHolders.

On 4/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I have a reholder that changed status to Shipped on Friday but with date 4/10/23.  It was received at CGC on 1/23, and according to my business day calculator this puts it at about 55 days.

The ReHolder High Value is also currently listed at 25 days.  I suspect this is correct, and the wrong number of days was entered for regular ReHolders.

Then I'm not sure what to think.  I have a Reholder that was received by CGC on 2/17 and all of a sudden it moved to Grading/Quality Control last Friday, 4/7.

On 4/10/2023 at 4:35 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

I have no reason to think otherwise, but if true, they must not be aware of the error because it's still at 25 days.

On 4/11/2023 at 6:04 PM, Ron C. said:

Books from MegaCon Orlando are already being returned to people and yet my Express book is still not even on my invoice list.

Don't feel bad, I dropped off 15 books at MegaCon directly and haven't even had them show up as received yet 🤷

Looks like TAT for Standard Magazine subs are down to 25 business days. Anyone have books in this tier at CGC? My books were received/SFG on 12/07/22 and I am approaching close to 90 business days. The status changed to GEI a few weeks ago, but no movement since.