• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

If collectors keep getting frustrated and just keep paying the additional fees to have their books back faster CGC is never going to do anything to eliminate the backlog. Just my opinion!

Agreed which is why most of my submissions are not fast tracked. (thumbs u

Well, you just sit there and wait, bub. Some of have mess to do.

lol

There are books constantly coming in. (thumbs u

I can understand not giving grades for scheduled...but graded???
It's a customer service enhancement, meant to decrease TATs. Soon, grades won't be included on slabs either. Less printing time for the labels, so you get your books back quicker.

coming from you..........

If collectors keep getting frustrated and just keep paying the additional fees to have their books back faster CGC is never going to do anything to eliminate the backlog. Just my opinion!

I dont pay for fast track either. Not looking to get books in quickly just to turn them around when the market is hot. I try to have a shipment a month, so every month I have something coming in one of our favorite boxes (doesnt it make you smile and get all excited when one arrives :cloud9:)

I dont pay for fast track either. Not looking to get books in quickly just to turn them around when the market is hot. I try to have a shipment a month, so every month I have something coming in one of our favorite boxes (doesnt it make you smile and get all excited when one arrives :cloud9:)

Makes me smile more when they arrive on time.

I'm just saying.

I was looking for something a little more accurate, so I thought I'd go around the block to get across the street. :sumo:

:gossip: They're only a few days behind.

:fear:

meh

It's a customer service enhancement, meant to decrease TATs. Soon, grades won't be included on slabs either. Less printing time for the labels, so you get your books back quicker.

The holdup seems to be encapsulation.

They could save a lot of time if they just stuck the label into the mylar and mailed the books back to you that way.

The holdup seems to be encapsulation.

They could save a lot of time if they just stuck the label into the mylar and mailed the books back to you that way.

Process improvement - I love it :roflmao:

If collectors keep sending in books and just keep paying the additional fees to have their books back faster CGC is never going to do anything to eliminate the backlog. Just my opinion!

100% agree. Why don't they just charge 10 dollars more and grade the books on time. That's essentially what they are doing for those that pay extra. 6 months is far too long. :devil:

anyone got a ship date for Modern tier? Mine are 8/21 and have been scheduled for grading since before the holidays.

I'm in the same boat. I've got some moderns that were scheduled for grading on 12/11 and they haven't changed yet.

Well I still don't know why if they're marked graded, why I can't have the grades...seems childish to me

And whoever called CGC and complained because their book went from a 9.8 scheduled, to a 9.6 graded is an A--hole Plain and simple.

Edited by GODOFTHUNDER

they have gone through the encapsulator. Plenty of opportunity for the grade to change.
Which begs the question I keep asking. If a book has been "graded" and is sent to encapsulation, and its "grade" lowers for some reason, isn't it likely that the reason is something happened after being "graded"?

they have gone through the encapsulator. Plenty of opportunity for the grade to change.
Which begs the question I keep asking. If a book has been "graded" and is sent to encapsulation, and its "grade" lowers for some reason, isn't it likely that the reason is something happened after being "graded"?

If the grade drops, fine. But how often does this happen? Once? I'm sure the person called and cried their hearts out to CGC.

So, just like the misshap of the SS program. One person's screw up, became everyone's burden.

Again, thank you.....

Edited by GODOFTHUNDER

The grading cart tipped over while in transit to encapsulation?

its either that or someone does a visual quality control check to make sure the each slab is on the right comic and the grade on the comic matches the grade in the system. Mistakes ARE made, as we've seen with mislabeled slabs.

If the grade drops, fine. But how often does this happen? Once? I'm sure the person called and cried their hearts out to CGC.

So, just like the misshap of the SS program. One person's screw up, became everyone's burden.

Again, thank you.....

So, let's say it was your book - something super-hot like Walking Dead 1. You call in and are informed it was just graded a 9.8, and on the way to encapsulation. At this point you are seeing dollar signs everywhere you look, because this is big bucks we are now talking about.

But then later you call back in after encapsulation, and are informed it is now a 9.4 or 9.6 instead of the 9.8 you were originially told. So rather than be perceived as whining or crying your heart out, you'd just shrug and say, "Oh well - :censored: happens" without any complaint?