• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

Does it cost anything to open a FedEx account, or do you have to ship a certain amount to qualify? I would do this, but am small potatoes compared to some and would only do this if the costs were low enough (like free to sign up). Thanks!

It's free and there are no requirements :thumbsup:

Peewee, as a suggestion, open up a FedEX account and specify Fedex Ground on your CGC invoice. I usually get my Fedex Ground in 2 days as oppossed to Registered mail. It's faster and a lot cheaper !

+1

I've saved a ton of money on shipping since I opened a FedEx account a few years ago, especially on larger shipments. And the precise tracking is a nice bonus.

Peewee, as a suggestion, open up a FedEX account and specify Fedex Ground on your CGC invoice. I usually get my Fedex Ground in 2 days as oppossed to Registered mail. It's faster and a lot cheaper !

+1

I've saved a ton of money on shipping since I opened a FedEx account a few years ago, especially on larger shipments. And the precise tracking is a nice bonus.

As many times as I complained to Eric about it, I wonder why he did not mention this alternative shipping? hm

+1

How much does fedex charge for single cgc book or big box of 30 cgc? Is it cheaper than the usual UPS $10 &$2 each additional?

+1

How much does fedex charge for single cgc book or big box of 30 cgc? Is it cheaper than the usual UPS $10 &$2 each additional?

The last 11 pound box from Sarasota to NY was $17.07. There were 11 slabs in the box. On CGC's website, they list $36 for registered mail on 11-15 books. And insurance is extra. As Transplant recommended, I use my CIA policy for insurance.

You can go to FedEx.com and get a quote to figure out other variations.

This is great info. I too have CIA on my collection, and will see about getting the FedEx account this week. I much prefer them over UPS for the ease of pickup if I miss the driver (have to drive 3x as far and deal with fewer lobby hours with UPS). This will probably net me the equivalent of a free grading or two a year with the savings from the sound of it, or make bumping to FT a wash. hm

This is great info. I too have CIA on my collection, and will see about getting the FedEx account this week. I much prefer them over UPS for the ease of pickup if I miss the driver (have to drive 3x as far and deal with fewer lobby hours with UPS). This will probably net me the equivalent of a free grading or two a year with the savings from the sound of it, or make bumping to FT a wash. hm

If you have insurance from CI, Fedex is the only way to go - they only cover up to $2,500 for UPS shipments (no matter how it's sent through UPS), but go up to $60,000 for Fedex.

If you have insurance from CI, Fedex is the only way to go - they only cover up to $2,500 for UPS shipments (no matter how it's sent through UPS), but go up to $60,000 for Fedex.

Yes but I believe you need a signature for over 250.00 ? Still, a small price to pay.

+1

As many times as I complained to Eric about it, I wonder why he did not mention this alternative shipping? hm

You are right about that. For years I did not know you could specify an alternative carrier. I don't know why but they don't seem to offer this info unless you ask.

I can't imagine why they would care ?

Yes but I believe you need a signature for over 250.00 ? Still, a small price to pay.

Signatures are required for registered mail, so that'd be a wash and you'd still get away cheaper than the PO.

+1

You are right about that. For years I did not know you could specify an alternative carrier. I don't know why but they don't seem to offer this info unless you ask.

I can't imagine why they would care ?

The option to use your own FedEx account has been on the submission form for as long as I can remember. I stupidly waited years to open an account.

CGC_Form.jpg

Finally, my submission went to shipped/safe. Pretty happy with the grades overall. One has me puzzled. Thought it was a 9.8 and came back a 9.0. Can't wait to see what I missed, because apparently I missed something there. I was pretty spot on for the rest of the books, except that one.

Ended up with 4 9.8 and 2 9.6 and the 1 9.0.

Finally, my submission went to shipped/safe. Pretty happy with the grades overall. One has me puzzled. Thought it was a 9.8 and came back a 9.0. Can't wait to see what I missed, because apparently I missed something there. I was pretty spot on for the rest of the books, except that one.

Ended up with 4 9.8 and 2 9.6 and the 1 9.0.

Regarding the 9.0, look for staple issues, either cover or centerfold. These are so easy to miss.