• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,085 posts in this topic

I have some submissions to send in, do I submit under current TATs or hold for TATs to get better?

Better yet, WWSFD? hm

To my absolute surprise I just check my Dealer account and saw these two invoices just changed to SFG (aka one grader already graded them):

5/2/2013

PRESCREEN VALUE

Scheduled for Grading

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Not just a value invoice BUT a Pre-screen Value already SFG already from May 2 invoice! Closer to their old normal TAT :ohnoez:

Ahead of this:

4/30/2013

PRESCREEN - MODERN

Scheduled for Grading

Looks like I might get these back before SDCC!

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Sounds like I should have went with regular grading. Looks like CGC is making up time on the regular tiers by holding back the FT books.

I went FT on some value and econ books and I'm sitting at "Graded" at 26 business days and counting. Looks like they are going to blow past their 20 day stated TAT by at least 10 business days.

:facepalm:

4 Standard w/ coupon:

-delivered and verified on 6/6

-scheduled for grading on 6/24

3 Modern FT:

-delivered and received on 6/6

-verified on 6/11

-scheduled for grading on 6/18

-graded/quality control on 6/19

-shipped on 6/24

:headbang:

Standard graded on 6/25

Standard shipped on 6/27

:banana:

Some recent turn around time improvement. All modern fast track:

Invoice 1:

Invoice date: 5/23/2013

Ship date: 6/13/2013

Invoice 2:

Invoice date: 6/4/2013

Ship date: 6/25/2013

Invoice 3:

Invoice date: 6/12/2013

Ship date: 6/27/2013

What are you guys doing to get comparatively fast service compared to me?

And does anyone else think it's weird that we are applauding inadequate customer service? "Look at this improvement"... great you improved your turn arounds a couple of days, too bad a lot more of it needs to happen. People don't pay them $28 for 10 day MFT to see their books turn around in 20 or more business days. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I ran a smoke and mirrors operation like they are all of the time (probably just once), I'd be demoted. This kind of service really just makes their competition look that much more appealing to me.

And does anyone else think it's weird that we are applauding inadequate customer service? "Look at this improvement"... great you improved your turn arounds a couple of days, too bad a lot more of it needs to happen. People don't pay them $28 for 10 day MFT to see their books turn around in 20 or more business days. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I ran a smoke and mirrors operation like they are all of the time (probably just once), I'd be demoted. This kind of service really just makes their competition look that much more appealing to me.

O RLY?

What competition would that be, pray tell?

I don't know that I'm getting better or worse service than anyone. I just send my stuff in.

This thread exists because people generally haven't been happy with turn around times. I don't think I'm celebrating the fact that my fast tracks are on time. I'm simply reporting some progress so that other boardies can help set expectations.

That being said, I am happy that CGC is catching up. I'll be a lot happier when/if subs are back on schedule.

Some of us are saying we are pleased to seem slowly getting caught up.

They have no competition.

Never have and probably never will.....to far gone!

Anyone with recent (non-Fast Track) Modern invoices care to share the date of submission/receipt and when they were graded? I have some in the system from early May and I'm trying to get a feel for how much longer it might take.

deser

Anyone with recent (non-Fast Track) Modern invoices care to share the date of submission/receipt and when they were graded? I have some in the system from early May and I'm trying to get a feel for how much longer it might take.

desert wind submitted some moderns SS for me at ECC. I got them back the end of may/first week of june. SO I think just a bit more than 2 months.

My 4-30-13 pre-screen invoice of 61 modern books went from SFG to graded within 24 hours.

Could it be........progress! :headbang:

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

My first ever submission (non FT Modern) was received on 4/29, and went to Verified today. Right on track I suppose.

Received 4/29

Verified 6/5

Scheduled for Grading 6/25

Graded 6/27. Pretty pumped about the quickness.