• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,040 posts in this topic

After getting my books back from Masters signing, I'm in no hurry for my others. Had out of 5 books, 2 grade drops (9.6 - 9.2 and 9.8 - 9.6), I'm hesitant to have anything else big graded till they losen up with the grades...

I sent in 4 cracked out slabs (all 9.8's) for a Romita signing. None came back 9.8. This is no fault of the facilitator or any rough handling of the books.

:eek::sick:

They must be hit or miss because their pretentious 9.8 killing seems to have gotten better for me.

I'm not saying it will stay that way, but for now I'm ok with them.

Aside from these 4 books I am happy with the results I have been getting back. I saw no need to press a cracked out 9.8 slab upon re-submission. Appears I was wrong.

After getting my books back from Masters signing, I'm in no hurry for my others. Had out of 5 books, 2 grade drops (9.6 - 9.2 and 9.8 - 9.6), I'm hesitant to have anything else big graded till they losen up with the grades...

I sent in 4 cracked out slabs (all 9.8's) for a Romita signing. None came back 9.8. This is no fault of the facilitator or any rough handling of the books.

That is one hell of a risk to take. I persuaded one collector who had a Bats #227 graded as a 9.6 to leave it as it is, even though he wanted to crack it out and have Adams sign it, just in case it came back a lower grade and that was a 9.6. To de-slab a 9.8 in order for Romita to sign it is far too risky. I take it from your post that that didnt even all come back a 9.6 so you have to ask yourself whats better a 9.8 or a lower graded copy signed by the artist. I dont know, i suppose you will get different answers from different collectors (shrug)

Modern (non FT)

Received 4/29

Verified 6/5

Scheduled for Grading 6/25

Graded 6/27

QC 7/1

Shipped today. Very excited! Now if I can just avoid looking at the grades online and spoiling the surprise...

That is one hell of a risk to take. I persuaded one collector who had a Bats #227 graded as a 9.6 to leave it as it is, even though he wanted to crack it out and have Adams sign it, just in case it came back a lower grade and that was a 9.6. To de-slab a 9.8 in order for Romita to sign it is far too risky. I take it from your post that that didnt even all come back a 9.6 so you have to ask yourself whats better a 9.8 or a lower graded copy signed by the artist. I dont know, i suppose you will get different answers from different collectors (shrug)

These were not super expensive Spideys. Most were in the 113-157 range.

These were not super expensive Spideys. Most were in the 113-157 range.

I just cracked out five 9.8s for the last two signings I participated in, one already yellow, and all five came back without a drop. It can happen even now. I've had drops this year too. It happens.

Modern (non FT)

Received 4/29

Verified 6/5

Graded 6/27

QC 7/1

Shipped today. Very excited! Now if I can just avoid looking at the grades online and spoiling the surprise...

Nice. Mine were submitted at 4/24 at C2E2...still not arrived yet...this is a good sign, at least... :wishluck:

Modern (non FT)

Received 4/29

Verified 6/5

Graded 6/27

QC 7/1

Broke down and looked at 2 of the grades online. 9.8 and a 9.6. Feeling good about the rest of them. According to the tracking, I get to find out tomorrow.

Modern (non FT)

Received 4/29

Verified 6/5

Graded 6/27

QC 7/1

Broke down and looked at 2 of the grades online. 9.8 and a 9.6. Feeling good about the rest of them. According to the tracking, I get to find out tomorrow.

Can someone tell me how to find out the tracking of my shipment??

I have 22 comics that have been graded. It has been on the Shipped/Safe status since 6-25-2013, and have not received them yet.

I received the tracking number for my shipment at the end of the business day after my order was listed as Shipped/Safe. Mine went out UPS, pretty sure the USPS option has tracking also. You should probably email them about it.

Ok so I got a quick response back said that my "comics are in the shipping queue right now, so should be out today or tomorrow?" Wow! Does it really take them 3 weeks to ship comics? Plus why would it say shipped/safe it hasn't been shipped yet?? Don't want to sound like a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed but just trying to understand here.

I was told the same thing, that my comics were "queued to ship" in the next 1-2 business days on July 2nd! lol.

Here I am, 9 days later, still nothing has shipped. I'm a bit upset at the slow service and empty promises.

My modern fast track was "verified" on 06/10/13. Has been in quality control for 3 weeks. *Sigh*

Please send me my slabs.

I was under the impression that 'Modern Fast Track' was not going to take more then 21-30 days. Oh well... back to staring at my old slabs... again.

Current turn around rates = SLOW

Con and contest season are killer.

sig.jpg

Edited by Biko

Modern Non FT

Submitted @ C2E2

Received by CGC 5/1

I called on July 5th and was told they had been just graded and were awaiting encapsulation and QC and to expect my books shipping out in 2-3 weeks. I received them yesterday using standard UPS shipping, so they must have sent them out on Monday.

Happy I got my books so fast, but the grading was pretty harsh on a few of my 9.8 candidates. Oh well - I guess they can't all be 9.8...