• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

update 3/13/14

MFT #1 - ver 2/18 > sch 2/27 > grd 2/28 > grd/QC 3/12 > shipped 3/13

MFT #2 - received 2/24 > verified 2/26 > scheduled 3/5 > graded 3/10

Modern - received 2/24 > verified 2/26

don't know how many con days between 2/18 and 3/13 but total of 18 business days - X number of con days, NOT BAD!

:whee:

Business day 27 (including 1 holiday & 1 con date) today.

Econ Fast track stuck at Graded SINCE Feb 27. Today marks 7 business days over due

Modern Slow track at graded as of March 10. 3 business days till due

How will they explain having submissions stuck in Graded for two weeks, but still be able to run On Site books from Megacon through the Sarasota facility in two days or less? With as backed up as they seem to be in encapsulation this seems like a tough one to explain to frustrated customers from a PR standpoint.

I submitted an AMS 50 at WW Austin November 23 through DesertWind Comics, no fast track.

Arrived today March 13.

Funny thing the 3 books that I did submit through the real CGC with Fast Track arrived in 18 days.

Modern fast track pre-screen:

Received - 1/29/14

Verified - 1/31/14

Scheduled for grading - 2/7/14

Graded - 2/11/14

QC - 2/17/17

Grades available - 2/17/14

I had 3 invoices all received 1/29 and all modern FT pre-screen.

#1 - shipped 2/18

#2 - shipped 2/25

#3 - shipped 3/7 and I received them Wednesday

Not counting con days, the TATs were 14, 21 and 27.

Modern fast track pre-screen:

Received - 1/29/14

Verified - 1/31/14

Scheduled for grading - 2/7/14

Graded - 2/11/14

QC - 2/17/17

Grades available - 2/17/14

I had 3 invoices all received 1/29 and all modern FT pre-screen.

#1 - shipped 2/18

#2 - shipped 2/25

#3 - shipped 3/7 and I received them Wednesday

Not counting con days, the TATs were 14, 21 and 27.

Wait, so they were all received on the same day and shipped out roughly a week apart from each other? With order #3 taking twice as long as order #1? And all aspects of each of the three orders were identical? That's just bizarre.

This would go so much quicker if they just graded my stuff 10. and sent it back to me. geeze!

Seriously though, for the amount of money they bring in, they should be able to keep up with demand. They can hire me as a grader.... Then all my stuff would come back 10. and everything would move faster...

Contact me for mor egreat ideas.

Gunnz

I've given up keeping track of time on these books. once they have it, i'm stuck waiting regardless of how frustrating it is. My theory is, no competition on the market, no need to try harder. And no, i'm not counting PGX or that crazy Vault Grading.

Gunnz

My Modern sub has been at Verified for three weeks as of today, 15 (14?) business days.

Next time, Fast Track, I know.

:(

-slym

If you don't plan on selling the books and are time sensitive (hot moderns) don't fast track. Instead send more slow track.

My Modern sub has been at Verified for three weeks as of today, 15 (14?) business days.

Next time, Fast Track, I know.

:(

-slym

If you don't plan on selling the books and are time sensitive (hot moderns) don't fast track. Instead send more slow track.

+1 I send everything in now Modern Pre Screen, I know it takes longer, the upside is lower prices for customer.

I wonder how much it helps CGC to go to cons. I do know that when they go, things grind to a snail's pace. And con season is about to crank up.

It helps a lot, I hated when they did before, but their advantage is huge to them and the consumer. They took in triple the amount of books at the con in NYC, compared to last year.