• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

Must be my lucky day for grading

MST 2 submissions

received 9/22/16

scheduled for grading 11/1/16

graded 11/3/16

MFT from NYCC

received 10/18/16

scheduled for grading 11/2/16

graded 11/3/16

Looks like I am going to have a few boxes waiting for me when I get back from vacation two Mondays from now. Does CGC try and coordinate subs on the same account even if they hit Florida at different times? Seems odd that my MST's are now flying through the system, compared to what I have been seeing for other MST times. Those MST's were not con submissions however.

Once a book received GRADED status, how long typically until they are SHIPPED/SAFE?

I use the sub tracking but I never know exactly what date received, scheduled for grading, graded to shipped/safe

...This is going to be an incredibly dumb question but how do you get these exact dates other than do you just keep checking?

Once a book received GRADED status, how long typically until they are SHIPPED/SAFE?

I use the sub tracking but I never know exactly what date received, scheduled for grading, graded to shipped/safe

...This is going to be an incredibly dumb question but how do you get these exact dates other than do you just keep checking?

I have the same question, and I did a little digging in this thread. Looks like it goes to QC in 3 to 5 days, and shipped 2 or 3 days after that for MFT. I see people seeing slow track books sometimes getting stuck between graded and QC at times for a few weeks. That is the encapsulation stage, which is often the bottleneck.

I have a 9/12 invoice with 20 moderns, MST, and it hit graded the other day (Tuesday I think). Much better TAT than the two other submissions I sent in a month or two earlier. I may jump on my next submission this weekend to strike while the iron is hot.

CGC must be on fire in terms of getting books out the door. Submitted a 80 book slow boat pre-screening on 9/13 and two batches of 25 were shipped out yesterday. With any luck all 80 books will be shipped out within 2 months of CGC receiving.

One question - I've got a 50% passing rate (for 9.8) with 20% Bronze, 60% copper and 20% modern books. I know they are strict lately but is that kind of passing rate similar to what others are getting (not really a good comparison if you are just subbing brand new moderns). I didn't press any of them since it was a spur of the moment subbing at Baltimore so I'm pretty pleased with the 50% but wondering what numbers others are getting.

CGC must be on fire in terms of getting books out the door. Submitted a 80 book slow boat pre-screening on 9/13 and two batches of 25 were shipped out yesterday. With any luck all 80 books will be shipped out within 2 months of CGC receiving.

One question - I've got a 50% passing rate (for 9.8) with 20% Bronze, 60% copper and 20% modern books. I know they are strict lately but is that kind of passing rate similar to what others are getting (not really a good comparison if you are just subbing brand new moderns). I didn't press any of them since it was a spur of the moment subbing at Baltimore so I'm pretty pleased with the 50% but wondering what numbers others are getting.

I had about a 40% 9.8 rate with my 38 year old Bronze submissions. I seemed to have better luck getting 9.8's when I didn't give 9.6 as a minimum. (shrug)

I had about a 40% 9.8 rate with my 38 year old Bronze submissions. I seemed to have better luck getting 9.8's when I didn't give 9.6 as a minimum. (shrug)

Could it be because you were a bit more severe in your grading before the prescreening? I know I was a bit more lax in this recent batch of books since if it didn't meet the grade it was only a $5 fee so why not take a bit of a gamble and see how it goes.

Could it be because you were a bit more severe in your grading before the prescreening? I know I was a bit more lax in this recent batch of books since if it didn't meet the grade it was only a $5 fee so why not take a bit of a gamble and see how it goes.

Perhaps. I think I am getting a better feel for the higher end grades this past year. When I collected last (in 1983), NM was a really nice looking comic. Now, that can encompass anything at or likely above a 9.4. It's been quite the learning experience and the first few months I graded some issues that I should not have.

9/15 invoice date "value" still at "verified" :mad: (40 business days thus far)

ZOINKS! My 9/12/16 hit shipped/safe yesterday, 20 books MST.

Edited by Bird

4 recent Invoices:

1 Standard invoice date of 10/28 and just got graded yesterday/today

1 Modern FT invoice date 10/14 and shipped on 11/9

1 Economy FT invoice date of 10/24 and shipped on 11/16

1 Modern FT invoice date of 10/24 and shipped on 11/16

My answer is probably somewhere in the 810+ pages of this thread, but I am going to ask anyway, "Current Turnaround" for a graded submission is say 14 days, I am guessing the clock starts when the book(s) are checked in, but does anyone know when it stops, relative to the stated "Current Turnaround"?