• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
78 78

27,568 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2024 at 5:09 PM, greggy said:

I got a Fedex delivery today, which unusual considering it's BC Day today and I didn't even know that they delivered on holidays.

Joey should be delivering more of my packages to CGC soon so I'll give you the findings of an A-lister :baiting:

LOL! I hope my subs get out of GEI by the time yours get there, seems like there is quite the backlog.

On 8/2/2024 at 12:58 PM, Ryan. said:

image.thumb.png.ffa9ad98f0683502982943e8715222d4.png

Bump

On 8/5/2024 at 6:09 PM, greggy said:

I got a Fedex delivery today, which unusual considering it's BC Day today and I didn't even know that they delivered on holidays.

Joey should be delivering more of my packages to CGC soon so I'll give you the findings of an A-lister :baiting:

Books dropped off at 9:00 this morning. 
The clock officially started. 

On 8/6/2024 at 2:48 PM, joeypost said:

Books dropped off at 9:00 this morning. 
The clock officially started. 

I drove thru the remnants of the storms outer bands this morning. Added an hour to my already boring trip. 3 different torrential downpours ☂️

Edited by joeypost

On 8/6/2024 at 2:52 PM, joeypost said:

I drove thru the remnants of the storms outer bands this morning. Added an hour to my already boring trip. 3 different torrential downpours ☂️

Did you see my pre screen submission up there anywhere, maybe swirling around in those outer bands like Dorothy's house in the Wizard of Oz? 

On 8/6/2024 at 4:06 PM, Stefan_W said:

Did you see my pre screen submission up there anywhere, maybe swirling around in those outer bands like Dorothy's house in the Wizard of Oz? 

Sorry, no. But Sarasota got hit a lot harder than we did. There was debris everywhere on the drive through town. 

On 8/7/2024 at 9:06 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

3 book modern press and slow

Delivered 8/1

And now nothing for nearly a week...

Sfg/received ???

Should I be worried?

I wouldn't.  As mentioned on the sub, Florida is going through a hurricane and they also just got back from SDCC.  Pretty sure it's just busy and stormy for them to go through their mailings.

I also got a sub that arrived on 8/2 but it didn't show as scanned until today.  I wouldn't be concerned.

Edited by Dayofthedead204

On 8/7/2024 at 10:06 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

3 book modern press and slow

Delivered 8/1

And now nothing for nearly a week...

Sfg/received ???

Should I be worried?

Took 9 days for a submission of mine to hit the system, and I have another one that has been waiting for days without the box being opened. This looks like the SDCC effect. 

On 8/7/2024 at 10:44 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Mine has been stuck in G/E/I for awhile. I think that's the case as well as checking inner wells: at least I hope so. 

I would be happy if they stopped encapsulation for a bit to test out corrections for the inner well issue and that caused a backlog at GEI. I would also be happy if it is just a function of vacation season and some staff took a well earned rest. I would be unhappy if the delay at GEI was due to SDCC since our books hit the grading queue first. 

On 8/7/2024 at 12:29 PM, Stefan_W said:

I would be happy if they stopped encapsulation for a bit to test out corrections for the inner well issue and that caused a backlog at GEI. I would also be happy if it is just a function of vacation season and some staff took a well earned rest. I would be unhappy if the delay at GEI was due to SDCC since our books hit the grading queue first. 

I just thought of another possibility for why things are delayed at GEI. Maybe they discovered that the bending of inner wells was linked to a couple of specific encapsulation machines. If they shut those down it would create a backlog for the ones that are functioning. Just speculation but I can see this as being a possibility. 

On 8/7/2024 at 1:05 PM, Stefan_W said:

I just thought of another possibility for why things are delayed at GEI. Maybe they discovered that the bending of inner wells was linked to a couple of specific encapsulation machines. If they shut those down it would create a backlog for the ones that are functioning. Just speculation but I can see this as being a possibility. 

You might be on to something here. :takeit:

On 8/7/2024 at 1:11 PM, Ninja0215 said:

You might be on to something here. :takeit:

When I called customer service on Mon I was told my books have already been graded and are in the queue for encapsulation. I was thinking about this type of delay and the only things that make sense is a machine being down or out of service due to something faulty happening, or a gazillion SDCC books being graded quickly and jumping the line. The optimist in me is holding out hope that delays are due to fixing an issue.

On 8/7/2024 at 2:34 PM, Stefan_W said:

When I called customer service on Mon I was told my books have already been graded and are in the queue for encapsulation. I was thinking about this type of delay and the only things that make sense is a machine being down or out of service due to something faulty happening, or a gazillion SDCC books being graded quickly and jumping the line. The optimist in me is holding out hope that delays are due to fixing an issue.

Appreciate your insight,  God bless you my friend.  

Things have certainly slowed down since June when were moving quickly.  I note that the VINTAGE BULK submissions are in a separate and slower queue than VINTAGE.  Incoming submissions are sitting for a week in the mailroom, too, although that might be due to a flood of last-minute BULK orders at the end of July (or from SDCC)

Here are seven orders recently completed or in process:

#1 (25 Modern)
USPS dlvd    7/2
SFG            7/3
GEI            7/17
Shipped        7/18

#2 (12 Modern)
USPS dlvd    7/2
Rx CCS        7/8
CCS in Proc    7/10
SFG            7/26
GEI            8/6