• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
78 78

27,575 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2024 at 12:14 PM, Stefan_W said:

2 Vintage comics

Arrived at CGC - July 29

SFG - Aug 6

2 Vintage comics Pulp

Arrived at CGC - July 29

SFG - Aug 6

G/E/I - Sept 10

These Overstreet price guides changed categories a couple of times - sent them in as magazines, they were changed to comics, and then landed as pulp. Cost is the same regardless so that is more a CGC figuring out the right grading queue thing than anything else. Looking forward to seeing how they do. 

Stupid me left a pristine auction auto authentication sticker on back of comic for an Eastman signed book and they heavily penalised me for it 😭 left as the main grader note "silver sticker on back of comic" soon as I saw that I knew I fudged up!! Oh well we live & learn, costly mistake but I'll only do it that once now!! 

On 9/9/2024 at 7:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am sorry but, I have been told that all questions/issues with submissions need to go through Customer Service.

Mike, I've called several times about various submissions and spoken to several different customer agents.  When I ask about my submissions, several of these agents have told me they cannot open tickets because they'll either get in trouble or they will get yelled at by the head of Operations for doing so.  What is up with that?!?  No one should be retaliated against just for asking a simple question. Sounds like a toxic work environment to me.  :preach:

On 9/11/2024 at 12:30 PM, Stefan_W said:

Seems to be taking a while to get to those 8/13 books. I was hoping the backlog would be smaller by now. 

I keep hoping the same. I have books from 8/28 that have been sitting in SFG. I just sent off another bunch of submissions this morning, so I will get those back end of the year at this rate. LOL!

On 9/11/2024 at 12:41 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.b0570d0820ed1b5e80882a694c7bd8d7.png

The difference in the ship dates is interesting based on the received date and the length of time in GEI.   Also it’s seems like getting to GEI within about a week has slowed down the last 30 days. 

On 9/6/2024 at 5:44 PM, icp004 said:

The opposite of what I expected.  4 book modern order dropped off by Joe. The order contained 1 JSA.          

The 3 Moderns (no sigs):

8/12 - Scheduled for Grading 

8/23 - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

9/11 - Grading/Quality Control

9/11 - Shipped

The JSA Modern:

8/12 - Scheduled for Grading 

8/28 - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 

9/4  - Grading/Quality Control

9/6 - Shipped

Updated

The last of my vintage bulk orders now shipped:

Vintage Bulk - 25 books

7/12 - Arrived CGC

7/16 - Scheduled For Grading

8/9 - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

8/14 - Shipped

Vintage Bulk + CCS - 22 books

7/12 - Arrived CGC

7/16 - Received at CCS

7/17 - CCS in Process

8/27 - Scheduled for Grading

8/30 - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

9/12 - Shipped

Vintage Bulk + CCS + JSA - 1 book

7/12 - Arrived CGC

7/16 - Received at CCS

7/22 - CCS in Process 

8/2 - Scheduled for Grading

8/9 - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

8/13 - Grading/Quality Control

8/16 - Shipped

Should I be reaching out to Customer Service on this last one?  It's been in GEI for over 2 weeks and I've seen lots of posts about shipments arriving after this and already shipped back.  50 days since it was recieved seens long even for a Vintage Bulk given what others have said.

image.thumb.png.9b1ff3eb050bcecaf8d5b996b9ccd018.png

On 9/12/2024 at 10:06 AM, Johnny V said:

Should I be reaching out to Customer Service on this last one?  It's been in GEI for over 2 weeks and I've seen lots of posts about shipments arriving after this and already shipped back.  50 days since it was recieved seens long even for a Vintage Bulk given what others have said.

image.thumb.png.9b1ff3eb050bcecaf8d5b996b9ccd018.png

Feel free to call.  They may grease the squeaky wheel.  You are on business day 35 on a 33 day estimated but not garaunteed TAT.

2 weeks in GEI has been pretty standard for Vintage in the last 6 months.  I would think it will ship any day.