• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2017 at 11:30 AM, ExNihilo said:

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Standard
Number of books: 1
Received: 9/28
Verified: 9/29
Graded: 10/9
Shipped/Safe: 10/10

Received (by owner): TBD

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern Fast Track
Number of books: 7
Verified: 10/3
Graded: 10/10
Shipped/Safe: 10/11 (sch ship date: 10/12)

I gotta say, there is an addicting quality to watching books move through the process (at least with FastTrack).  I've elected to wait until I get the books in hand before peeking at the grades.  For a n00b such as myself, the suspense of not knowing what grade I'll get is akin to opening a Christmas present.  It's kinda fun in a way.

(EDIT: interesting update, my Modern FT books went through Quality Control and changed to Shipped/Safe a day after my Standard book, yet has a scheduled ship date while my Standard book shows nothing for ship date.  I hope they combine the packaging so the books all come at once.  Until then, I guess I have to play the waiting game as it makes its way through registered mail.  Speaking of which, do they provide a tracking # with registered mail?  And how long does it take since I hear it's slower than priority.)

Edited by ExNihilo

FINAL UPDATE (see below)

(Updated 10/11/17)

tracking my books at CGC

BOX 1 SLOW Moderns- 9/5/17 RECEIVED at CGC

BOX 2  SLOW Moderns- 9/7/17 RECEIVED at CGC

Box 1 - 9/29/17 Verified  / GRADED 10/4/17 /  10/7/17 Grading Quality Control / 10/11/17 Shipped safe - 25 Business days

Box 2 - 10/2/17 Verified / GRADED 10/6/17 /  10/7/17 Grading Quality Control  / 10/11/17 Shipped safe - 23 Business days

VERY VERY NICE. (now to check grades)  :)

E

15 hours ago, elektra101 said:

FINAL UPDATE (see below)

(Updated 10/11/17)

tracking my books at CGC

BOX 1 SLOW Moderns- 9/5/17 RECEIVED at CGC

BOX 2  SLOW Moderns- 9/7/17 RECEIVED at CGC

Box 1 - 9/29/17 Verified  / GRADED 10/4/17 /  10/7/17 Grading Quality Control / 10/11/17 Shipped safe - 25 Business days

Box 2 - 10/2/17 Verified / GRADED 10/6/17 /  10/7/17 Grading Quality Control  / 10/11/17 Shipped safe - 23 Business days

VERY VERY NICE. (now to check grades)  :)

E

Thanks for continuing to update. I am just a couple weeks behind you so it was reassuring to see yours moving along. I sent mine through CCS first, and they were marked received on 9/20 and verified on 10/11.

4 Reholders Received 9-1- Verified 9/5 - Graded 10/6 - QC 10/10 - Shipped/Safe 10/12

4 MFT @CCS Received 9/1 - Sent to CGC 9/29 -FINALLY Received at CGC 10/12 - Verified 10/16

28 MFT @CGC Received 9/1 - Verified 9/7 and moved to SFG on 9/20 - Graded 9/27 - Quality Control & Shipped Safe 10/9

Edited by I like pie

On 10/12/2017 at 11:33 AM, mrwoogieman said:

Thanks for continuing to update. I am just a couple weeks behind you so it was reassuring to see yours moving along. I sent mine through CCS first, and they were marked received on 9/20 and verified on 10/11.

No problem!  It's always nice to know how things are moving along and CGC is doing a great job.  25 business days?  thats Awesome I feel.

E.

OK, some updates (Yes, they updated on a Saturday :)  ).

45 Pre-screen Modern ST. Invoice date 9/7, Shipped date 10/16

4 FT Modern SS  CCS 9/7,  CGC Received 10/12, Verified. 10/13

Good work CGC and CCS!!

Edited by Ron C.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, mrwoogieman said:

Scheduled for grading 10/16.

Subbed 6 Modern Regular-Track CGC SS Books at Fan Expo Canada on 9/2/2017. I don't remember all the interim steps, except I've been checking the past few days once I saw it go to Grading / Quality Control.
Shipped / Safe 10/16! Pretty good for non-fast track!

Received (by owner): 10/17  (Total Business Days to Completion: 14)  ***EDIT: turns out the book arrived, but no shipping notice was ever sent my way.

Received (by owner): 10/16 (Total Business Days to Completion: 13)

NEW SUB
Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern
Number of books: 2
Received: 10/16
Verified: TBD
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD

Edited by ExNihilo

31 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Received (by owner): TBD  ***NOTE: Interesting that this book was marked Shipped/Safe before my MFT books but no tracking # has been provided yet.

Received (by owner): 10/16 (Total Business Days to Completion: 13)

NEW SUB
Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern
Number of books: 2
Received: 10/16
Verified: TBD
Graded: TBD
Shipped/Safe: TBD

This is good news as mine was a:

One modern book fast-track received 9/27....it was an SS book.

I dropped off some books for onsite grading in Baltimore on 09/23. Wasn't able to make it back to the show in time to pick them up unfortunately and was told by CGC they would be reaching out to me within 1 week to coordinate shipment of the books. Close to 1 month later and multiple phone calls on my part, and CGC is still saying that the books are in transit back to them in Sarasota. Anyone else run into this issue with books they submitted at the show? Supposedly they had a shipping pallet that got stuck in MD and I have heard no updates since last week. At this point, the price I paid for onsite grading wasn't even worth it considering the time frame some of these fast track subs are moving for others 

Edited by jjfversion1

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is good news as mine was a:

One modern book fast-track received 9/27....it was an SS book.

15 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Which is weird cause its only been 13 business days since 9/27... I wasn't expecting until next week, this Friday being 17 business days as stated expected by cgc. 

Well this thread had me wondering... So I called CGC one book modern submission Fast Track received 9/27 ship safe 10/11 should be here tomorrow. :)