• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,129 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

That’s when the rush to submit before the price increase really started.

Didn't they extend the deadline for a week or something like that? Or is week of May 3rd counting the extension?

5 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Didn't they extend the deadline for a week or something like that? Or is week of May 3rd counting the extension?

They didn’t extend the deadline for when invoices had to be completed. I think that was April 28 or something. They extended the deadline for when those submissions needed to be marked as delivered to CGC. So, I think May 3 is just the tip of the influx of last-minute submissions. 

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 04/01/21
Received 04/29/21
Scheduled For Grading 07/02/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 07/08/21
Grading/Quality Control 07/09/21
Shipped 07/09/21

Delivered 04/15/21
Received 05/25/21
Scheduled For Grading 05/25/21

Delivered 04/26/21
Received 06/08/21
Scheduled For Grading 06/08/21

Delivered 05/04/21
Received 06/29/21
Scheduled For Grading 06/29/21

Delivered 05/18/21

Delivered 06/01/21

Delivered 06/09/21

Delivered 06/18/21

Delivered 06/29/21

14 hours ago, Petroman said:

It looks like its over 2 months at this point according to https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/ as they are now only opening submissions form May 3, 2021.  

image.thumb.png.043b14e53c2d6f8f40b8dbc6c5e4b05b.png

wrong person please ignore 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

12 hours ago, Kerdese said:

I sent in books last Thanksgiving. It took about 10 days for them to show up as received. I sent in books on June 9th, 30 days ago, and they're still not received. I'm not really complaining, but thought I'd share. I'm guessing I won't get these books back this year since it took 6 months for the previous batch.

Thanks for the heads up!

Did you also hear about this new virus coming out from China?  I heard it's contagious. 

Oh other breaking news, JFK was assassinated in Dallas today! 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

15 hours ago, Jemin said:

How long is it taking them to enter submissions as received after being delivered to them?

2-3 years

15 hours ago, Petroman said:

What would be really useful is if the Scheduled For Grading status actually gave the (rough) date it was actually scheduled for grading. If they can't provide that, then I don't really see how they have scheduled anything.  Maybe they are just assigning a sequence number, i.e. your submission is at position Modern Slow #8723 and they are currently grading Modern Slow position #4792.  Even that would be useful.  My last batch went to SFG on the day it was received (where it sat for over 2 months), so the status really doesn't have much meaning if you ask me.

Ding ding ding we have a winner Johnny, what does he win?

He and his fellow CGC boardies that never go back and read what others have posted many times wins the common sense award!  You also get an invite to the CGC Boardie winners of this award ceremony party!  

unnamed.jpeg.65b3f3bef51e592c0f2b65eafa8c6697.jpeg

Edited by NewWorldOrder

3 hours ago, Clay Johnson said:
On 7/8/2021 at 7:00 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Book from the Clayton Crain event (no pressing) moved to SFG today. Seperate submission for the same event with pressing still shows "received"

20210708_185906.jpg

Expand  

I wonder what’s going on with the pressed ones? Is he d St inning them later, or probably just signed and being transferred to be pressed? 

I'm assuming they are signed and being pressed, would make sense that the sub without pressing is being completed sooner. 

On 7/10/2021 at 1:12 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

He and his fellow CGC boardies that never go back and read what others have posted many times wins the common sense award!  You also get an invite to the CGC Boardie winners of this award ceremony party!  

LOL!  Based on your nearly 19,000 posts you spend a tremendous amount of time on these boards!  Some of us are more casual users and only read the more recent posts, especially on a topic such as "current turn around rates at CGC".  Posts from even a few weeks ago may be relevant to longer term trends in turn around times, but they don't have much relevance to current TATs.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:12 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

But but....Mr. lumberg said I could listen to radio at a reasonable volume... 

14 minutes ago, Petroman said:

LOL!  Based on your nearly 19,000 posts you spend a tremendous amount of time on these boards!  Some of us are more casual users and only read the more recent posts, especially on a topic such as "current turn around rates at CGC".  Posts from even a few weeks ago may be relevant to longer term trends in turn around times, but they don't have much relevance to current TATs.

10 minutes daily x5 a week.  

2018-2020 barely 5 minutes per year.

Actually it's the same answer as it was 2 months ago or 20 years ago. 

All books are SFG that day the postal worker delivers your package of comic(s) to CGC.  It starts immediately that second in time!  You dont need CGC to change it from received to SFG on day 1 for it to matter. 

TaT = SFG, which can vary from their current estimate of TaT page on their website.

If you mail in 1 modern book right now its 116 days SFG from the day it's delivered to the CGC warehouse.  On day 116 it should be graded and basically shipped back to you.  Whether status goes from Received to "SFG" on day 1, 50,75, or 100 doesn't really matter.

Sometimes it can be faster, but basically the moment CGC has procession of anyone's books it is SFG sometime in the future is my point.  So customers complaining that their invoices have been stuck in SFG for weeks makes no sense.   Status change anytime in the middle of the grading process is just semantics, besides when you see the term Graded. 

1319797203_ScreenShot2021-07-11at10_55_09AM.thumb.png.5281c9bd3dcb430eb9baa602d342c30c.png

On 7/9/2021 at 6:17 PM, Petroman said:

What would be really useful is if the Scheduled For Grading status actually gave the (rough) date it was actually scheduled for grading. If they can't provide that, then I don't really see how they have scheduled anything.  Maybe they are just assigning a sequence number, i.e. your submission is at position Modern Slow #8723 and they are currently grading Modern Slow position #4792.  Even that would be useful.  My last batch went to SFG on the day it was received (where it sat for over 2 months), so the status really doesn't have much meaning if you ask me.

It’s impossible to do given the current structure. Don’t get me wrong I agree it’s basically meaningless the way it is now but say they scheduled your books for grading in 3 weeks. Welp, what happens when a truckload of boxes marked WT show up? You think your book is still going to get graded on the date ahead of the WT? The date is constantly changing, especially if you’re talking slow track modern anytime a box of sig series or express or walk thru show up it’s all up in the air. Oh and this doesn’t even factor in the pedigree stuff which I assume takes priority over all of our books. And then there’s other minor factors like this primary grader is taking an unexpected month off for health reasons, or this other grader just quit, or the guy they’ve been training is now moving to be a primary grader, etc etc etc. I give them a lot of :censored: for their TAT’s jumping all over the place but asking them to make predictions with all these other variables is a bit unrealistic. It would only work if they eliminated all the tiers and just had a single tier and it was truly first in first out then you could get pretty accurate with prediction, still not perfect but close enough.

Edited by wiparker824

5 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

It’s impossible to do given the current structure. Don’t get me wrong I agree it’s basically meaningless the way it is now but say they scheduled your books for grading in 3 weeks. Welp, what happens when a truckload of boxes marked WT show up? You think your book is still going to get graded on the date ahead of the WT? The date is constantly changing, especially if you’re talking slow track modern anytime a box of sig series or express or walk thru show up it’s all up in the air. Oh and this doesn’t even factor in the pedigree stuff which I assume takes priority over all of our books. And then there’s other minor factors like this primary grader is taking an unexpected month off for health reasons, or this other grader just quit, or the guy they’ve been training is now moving to be a primary grader, etc etc etc. I give them a lot of :censored: for their TAT’s jumping all over the place but asking them to make predictions with all these other variables is a bit unrealistic. It would only work if they eliminated all the tiers and just had a single tier and it was truly first in first out then you could get pretty accurate with prediction, still not perfect but close enough.

I think they could also get a first-in-first-out (FIFO) working by tier/speed, e.g. Modern/Slow-Track, Modern/Fast-Track, etc.  But in the end, I guess it doesn't really matter -- it will take as long as it takes, and that time seems to be ever increasing.  Looking back it was just an epically bad move to raise their prices during a time where they were having major throughput problems.  All that did is exacerbate the problem but causing a flood of submissions before the update.  They may very well be stuck on opening boxes received the week of May 3rd for a very long time.  

11 minutes ago, Ninja0215 said:

Is that everything you sent greggy??

1 minute ago, Ninja0215 said:

Guess not LOL

The only certainties. 

Death

Taxes 

Greggy having a constant flood of steady submissions.