• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,129 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rdp collectibles said:

--I'm not sure I like the new transparency??....In the past the USPS tracking showed delivered, so I knew it was at CGC...They opened the boxes within a week and put the comics in the system, and then the wait began...Now my USPS tracking ends in  out for delivery limbo, and the  boxes sit somewhere at CGC for weeks and weeks and weeks before ever being opened and put in the system..How is this waiting better and more transparent??

What you are describing is the past six months.  They just made changes today.  Hopefully, these changes will include a more accurate "Received."  I am curious to see how long it takes for folks to get that status after delivery under this new regime and tracking info.

Just noticed them updated TATs. Modern: 116 days for grading and 142 for pressing. 258 days = 51.6 weeks, if figuring on 5 business days per week. Add in holidays and that's over a year. Add another 8 weeks for them to get in the system. I'm going to waiting a while fo the books I'm submitting before my membership expires.

These times are just totally unacceptable. I'm only submitting my last group of books because they have been at the presser since forever. My membership expires next March and I won't even have my books by then.

32 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Just noticed them updated TATs. Modern: 116 days for grading and 142 for pressing. 258 days = 51.6 weeks, if figuring on 5 business days per week. Add in holidays and that's over a year. Add another 8 weeks for them to get in the system. I'm going to waiting a while fo the books I'm submitting before my membership expires.

Murphy's Law: Many months from now, how many here will forget that they've got books in the pipeline and only to be shipped back to them just as they head out on vacation or worse, move to a new address?

4 hours ago, SeanYork said:

1 Standard Press and Grade

4/6/21    Delivered

5/3/21    Received by CCS

5/12/21  Charged by CCS

6/8/21     Scheduled for Grading

7/8/21     Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

7/8/21     Finalized / Imaged / Shipped

Two updates in one day.  I didn't catch the QC in the middle but I want to believe it was there.

17 minutes ago, comixry said:

Murphy's Law: Many months from now, how many here will forget that they've got books in the pipeline and only to be shipped back to them just as they head out on vacation or worse, move to a new address?

I know if I book a vacation, I'll definitely be contacting CGC so I don't miss any books shipping back.

10 hours ago, Ninja0215 said:

Quick question friend, when were you charged for the signing?? If you don't mind me asking...

Charged my card on 05/07 & 05/10 don't have a quick record of when it was delivered but:

"Recieved" 04/28

CCS invoiced 05/07

CGC Invoiced 05/10

We should thank them for the new status updates, for Which they did not have to do.

Turnaround Times Comparison 

Tier                               6-4                  6-27                 7-8

Modern                         82 Days          94 Days          116 Days

Economy                      113 Days        131 Days        153 Days

Standard                       51 Days          74 Days          95 Days

Express                         11 Days          15 Days          20 Days

Walk Through                3 Days            3 Days            7 Days

Reholder                        52 Days          76 Days          90 Days

5 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

My Sienkiewicz submissions were delivered Tuesday and marked Received today. 

My Jim Lee were delivered Tuesday, shows up tin the delivery tracker but no ""received with the submission tracking", yet!

I hope its tomorrow, so I can have those bare necessities that help a collector rest at ease. :tink:

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

My Jim Lee were delivered Tuesday, shows up tin the delivery tracker but no ""received with the submission tracking", yet!

I hope its tomorrow, so I can have those bare necessities that help a collector rest at ease. :tink:

They're probably just prioritizing getting Bill's books into the system since his cutoff is tomorrow and Jim's isn't till the end of the month (7/30).

I'm sure yours will show up early next week.  :headbang:

Just now, Chazgee said:

They're probably just prioritizing getting Bill's books into the system since his cutoff is tomorrow and Jim's isn't till the end of the month (7/30).

I'm sure yours will show up early next week.  :headbang:

Ah bless you!

I've kept the thread going in the signature forum, but if you had asked a detail like that about certain artists and I'd have been at a loss lol

So thanks :)

45 minutes ago, PKJ said:

We should thank them for the new status updates, for Which they did not have to do.

Turnaround Times Comparison 

Tier                               6-4                  6-27                 7-8

Modern                         82 Days          94 Days          116 Days

Economy                      113 Days        131 Days        153 Days

Standard                       51 Days          74 Days          95 Days

Express                         11 Days          15 Days          20 Days

Walk Through                3 Days            3 Days            7 Days

Reholder                        52 Days          76 Days          90 Days

I think they need to suspend all new submissions until they clear down the backlog.  A 40% bump in turn-around-time in one month is simply not sustainable or acceptable, especially from the already elevated levels.  The amount of warehouse space they need would have to grow similarly.  As would any liability insurance they have on books in the pipeline.  Just too much risk for me, especially with the new ownership change.

Personally I'm more than a bit upset that I spent $300 on the top membership but was only able to put in 5 or 6 lots before the train went off the tracks.  I just can't wait until 2022 and beyond for books submitted today.  It may be time to test the competition (yeah, that one!).

image.png

I'm not sure that it may help but

Mags both economy and modern....

Delivered 2/24

Received/3/17

And as of today been about shy of 5 months....

Are at the new "Grading/encapsulation/image"

So I'm hoping soon, they weren't pressed or anything so (shrug)

1 hour ago, Petroman said:

I think they need to suspend all new submissions until they clear down the backlog.  A 40% bump in turn-around-time in one month is simply not sustainable or acceptable, especially from the already elevated levels.  The amount of warehouse space they need would have to grow similarly.  As would any liability insurance they have on books in the pipeline.  Just too much risk for me, especially with the new ownership change.

Personally I'm more than a bit upset that I spent $300 on the top membership but was only able to put in 5 or 6 lots before the train went off the tracks.  I just can't wait until 2022 and beyond for books submitted today.  It may be time to test the competition (yeah, that one!).

image.png

The problem is systemic and I don’t think they would stop all submissions unless they were certain they could get TATs back to an “acceptable and manageable” level fairly quickly; say 60 days?

But CGC doesn’t seem to have any Customer or QoS Standards and they clearly aren’t being measured by any independent auditor for service delivery. So they don’t seem to fear accountability. Certainly they don’t fear losing customers. We’ve all seen that and have continued to send in submissions hoping it will get better.

Well I don’t think this makes it any better…CGC announced yesterday that they are going to Torpedo Con for several SS events as well as collecting regular submissions to bring back to Sarasota to be put into their HUGE receiving funnel.:facepalm:

There are three things that might help reverse this untenable path CGC is on;

• External: An organized group of respected CGC Members and Dealers get together to sign a petition and pen an open letter to Blackstone and CCG to solve the numerous issues before irreparable damage is done to this hobby, businesses, and their reputation.
  • External: The artists, writers, inkers, etc., stop agreeing to do SS events until CGC solves their delivery, quality and customer service problems.
  • Internal: The CGC workers that are having to feel the FULL weight of theses problems get it through to Blackstone that the business they just spent $500MM on, is busted.

I know this is a soapbox rant. But I needed to vent.

rantrant

Edited by ChrispyC66
Grammar