• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,129 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 3:28 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Oh. I hope to see my Modern Prescreen that was delivered on 06/23 to finally get added to the list too!

I think Pre-screens still have a looooong way to go unfortunately. I just got a Modern Pre-Screen that was delivered to CGC 3/3 back last week. I have another batch delivered 4/1 that hasn't been updated to G/E/I yet.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:38 PM, Jkelly said:

I think Pre-screens still have a looooong way to go unfortunately. I just got a Modern Pre-Screen that was delivered to CGC 3/3 back last week. I have another batch delivered 4/1 that hasn't been updated to G/E/I yet.

Yep. I’m figuring mid to late October…er…November for those books. zzz
They have really put a hurt on Prescreen’s; Tier +30 days, Really?

Edited by ChrispyC66

On 8/19/2021 at 7:23 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

Yep. I’m figuring mid to late October…er…November for those books. zzz
They have really put a hurt on Prescreen’s; Tier +30 days, Really?

It's honestly psychotic. I can't grasp why I continue to submit. I have an excel tracker I built to get an idea where my books are based on their ETAs and my most recent pre screen batch that they received Monday wont get back to me til February of next year if CGCs estimations are correct. 

On 8/19/2021 at 7:34 PM, Jkelly said:

It's honestly psychotic. I can't grasp why I continue to submit. I have an excel tracker I built to get an idea where my books are based on their ETAs and my most recent pre screen batch that they received Monday wont get back to me til February of next year if CGCs estimations are correct. 

Send them walk through. Problem solved!

On 8/19/2021 at 10:38 AM, Jemin said:

6 Modern Fast Track

6/21: Delivered

8/19: Received

8/19: SFG

10 Modern Fast Track 

25 Modern

16 Modern

9 WEEKS to Receive books is reprehensible.

Do you know how many in-house Signature Series signing events CGC announced in that amount of time? 19

On 8/20/2021 at 7:54 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Quick question for you guys: How was CCS improved the grades on your books?? Goo or bad?? sound off! 

Only used them once so far on a couple old labels (Hulk 181 and X-men 12) I had pressed, both came back the same grade, but PQ got bumped to White (nothing related to CCS though) so neutral I guess… 

On 8/20/2021 at 8:00 AM, dikran1 said:

Only used them once so far on a couple old labels (Hulk 181 and X-men 12) I had pressed, both came back the same grade, but PQ got bumped to White (nothing related to CCS though) so neutral I guess… 

I've had one good experience but I'm waiting for my current order to ship out before I pass any judgement. 

On 8/20/2021 at 11:03 AM, dcmannn said:

Just got off the phone with CGC, was told 157 business days just for cleaning and pressing.  YIKES!

One of the reasons not to use CCS for your pressing. Lots of better options out there and they will ship your books to CGC for you.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:54 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Quick question for you guys: How was CCS improved the grades on your books?? Goo or bad?? sound off! 

My experience with CCS as a product is pretty solid. I've had a few blue chip books that I got from shops that were quoted at like an 8.5 (and I would have been happy with) that came back a 9.6. If CCS had a normal turn around time I would probably continue to use them for convenience and for insurance just in case a book i pressed on my own hits a corner the wrong way in transit to CGC. I personally, have not had any horror experiences with them messing up a book or going lower than anticipated but I am sure they are out there.