• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Strange Tales 114

12 posts in this topic

Preamble to this book is that I had it as maybe an 8.5 until my fingernail took a chip out of the right edge fc (and yes, I know I should clip my nails, and yes I know I am a loser :facepalm: ) but the question is what grade is it now? Many thanks in advance for your help

ST-114-FC.jpg

ST-114-bc.jpg

Tricky book. That's a pretty big chip, but it's also clearly from Marvel chipping, as you can see a number of other pieces along that edge ready to chip as well. Given Marvel chipping is just part of the deal with books from this period, I don't think CGC is as harsh with it as they would be if it were a random chip out of a book form a different company or era, as it's looked at as a production defect to a certain degree.

of course, I could be wrong, but I'd still go maybe 6.0 on this one. Really hard to say.

Do you sharpen your nails or something :baiting:

Real sharp edges, but noticeable pre-chipping (especially by the "tail" of the Torch's flame and the CCA stamp). I'd say it's around a 5.5, but that's a tough one, the rest of the book seems absolutely pristine.