• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is that supposed to be Robocop or Iron Man?!?

42 posts in this topic

I didn't like the original.

I thought you'd love the feminist undertones to the movie.

I do love feminist undertones.

Well aware of it, amigo. As I've told you before, you would've loved my English 300 prof. You could've taught that class.

Have you read "The Awakwening" yet? "Spy in the House of Love"?

The classic look didn't need an update. They should have stuck with the old suit.

Then get out the DVDs and watch. Suit is the LEAST of this reboot's problems. If they can capture the "man in the machine" and connect on that level, I think it may be modestly successful. Otherwise, stinkeroni.

Why mess with a winning formula?

Look at the differences in the "original" Rocop and the "updated" version.

Z-Robocop1.jpgZ-Robocop.jpg

I predict this upcoming movie = FLOP!

He looks like a "Sectaur". Anyone remember those?

sectaurs.jpg

We are an overweight nation. Maybe a slimmer Robo-Cop will motivate kids to move. (shrug)

Then they really should have taken the design to the next level.

sd001_1316488688(1).jpg

Poor Robby set the wrong tone for our nation, to the point he could hardly bend over. And we lovingly followed in his footsteps - wobble and all.

robby_the_robot.jpg

lol

On the Robocop suit:

They could have done worse 2c

Like Robo-nipples :eek:

When Schumacher is the lead costume designer, nipples on everything!
And Robo-butt shots lol
Joel Schumacher is history's greatest monster

One day every song (baring the addition of new words into vocabulary) and every piece of music that is melodically pleasing to the ears will be written.

Every story will have been written too. The names of characters and the set pieces may change but on the surface it will all be the same.

We've reached a cultural dead-end and no new renaissance could possibly be achieved greater than the past.

If you don't like reboots, reimaginings, or rehashings you better get use to it because we've already passed the pinnacle.

I don't understand why there have to be reboots.

Why can't it be like James Bond.... take the character and put them in a new "story"!

When WB looks at another Batman, we don't need his origin, we just need a Batman in a story.