• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red and white show (calgary) pictures

16 posts in this topic

A lot of comic books a few toys and piles of happy people

$5 entrence fee no lineups free parking and lots of costumes and my camera batterys packed it in !

lots of long boxes of bronze / silver books !!!!

The boys from edmonton had the best booth for quality books

and if you didnt like watching dave you could watch the TV above his head (more interesting to many)

Edited

The red and white club was were in the Calgary Winter Olympics they held the metals before presenting them at closing

130108.jpg.2cca5814b7738088df75ed932f3da966.jpg

130109.jpg.accf5768fe97c0ad7834454e148534b2.jpg

130110.jpg.cdfee8725f1f943f1a1df9e4889e630d.jpg

130111.jpg.188c552b7b0f573723231607e08741bd.jpg

Hey Randy, nice to meet up again. Thanks for joining us for ribs and it was very nice to meet your gf.

I think the quality of books at this show are getting better every year. It nice to go to a comics only show.

I talked to a local collector who took a booth to sell off his collection. He had some nice books including 2 Avengers 1s but I don't believe he did very well - IMHO his prices were too high. He pointed at our table and said 'those guys are killing me', I couldn't keep a straight face.

This was a great show with lots of comic book vendors although I think our booth had the best selection , best grades and best prices hnce the "those guys are killing me" comment.

I note there were many female buyers of comics again, and many young people. I had a 10 year old kid buy my Amazing Spiderman 252 9.2.

I feel better about the future of our hobby when that happens.

The show was fun. I can remember doing it when $500 in sales was a good day not that long ago. Kudos to the guys from Phoenix from putting on a great show.

It was interesting to see all of teenage girls and women buying superhero books at the show. There were also a lot of younger collectors, mid to late teens and early 20s, that were buying vintage books. This is a similar trend to what we had in the spring shows which hopefully bodes well for the hobby in Alberta at least. I think the youngest buyers were those two boys that looked maybe 10 or 11 - they both bought a low grade issue of ASM in the low 30s.

One interesting sidenote - several of the girls/women I talked to commented on how the New 52 got them started on comics and now they were collecting them all. One lady (X-Men and Wonder Woman collector) said she and her husband were collecting every title. It will be interesting to see how this plays out longer term.

Oh yeah, smartest seller of the day by far was Vern. He showed up for an hour, sold a couple of Timelys to Dave and Karl, and left with a good chunk of their sales. lol

Indeed.

Dave and I talked about that on the drive home how we could save booth costs, travel costs by just bring a shortbox selection and selling to the dealers.

:)