• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revolution: NBC on Mondays - Thoughts?

150 posts in this topic

As a fan of Mad Men, The Newsroom, Hell on Wheels, and True Blood I find the dialogue in Revolution to be horrible. It sounds as if it was written by my 9 year old niece. That is AWESOME if you're 9-12 years old...but this is sub par when compared to today's more sophisticated television (sorry Jersey Shore aficionados, this doesn't include reality tv). It is possible to be fun AND sophisticated to be entertaining.

The story is interesting to me, but the dialogue needs a thesaurus.

They apparently spent a lot of dough building an abandoned railroad line set, complete with vines growing over the cars. Haven't we seen it already at least three times?

I think they are going to have a hard time coming up with an explanation of why mechanical things still work but no electrical things do. What could possibly keep an oil fired generator from working?

The biggest problem I have with continuing story line series is that inching the story forward can serve as an excuse for filming episodes that would never stand on their own if they had to be self-contained. The Sarah Connor Chronicles may have been the worst example.

I like the show so far but I don't see it lasting too long. There's too many elements in it that have already been done. The flash backs, rebels, hunger games and a mystery at the center of the plot that defies the laws of nature (does no electricity mean no lightning?). I find it entertaining but I found Tara Nova entertaining (it even had dinos) and it didn't make the cut. I'm wondering when the geek will pull out a comic book to read (lol).

What was the demise of the show Jericho?
People like shows about hillbillies and junk collectors better lol

I thought Jericho was an awesome show. I like this one too. It's obviosly not the best drama on TV, but it's good enough and it's something different. I refuse to watch reality TV, game shows, and so-called "documentaries" about ghost hunters and whatnot. That really leaves a few sitcoms and a bunch of cop dramas. When something else comes along and it's decent I'm happy.

I'd like them to address the potty situation, especially in the city.

why? it's a tv show, and most people (myself included) don't want to watch a show where they have to explain how everyone uses the bathroom.

As recently as 1900, most people in the U.S., even in cities, didn't have indoor plumbing.

It occurs to me that, even though they haven't yet said so explicitly, population density seems to have plummeted. Maybe we are so used to apocalypse movies in which viruses or zombies have wiped out almost everybody that we expect tiny post-apocalypse populations. In this case, though, it's not completely clear how or why there would have been mass deaths.

In this case, though, it's not completely clear how or why there would have been mass deaths.
No ambulance, ho hospital, no pharmacy, no fire department, no agricultural equipment, no trucks hauling produce and beef, no refrigeration, without electricity (and I guess combustion engines) there would be mass death. Looters, murderers, jumbo jets falling from the sky, mass starvation, contaminated water, no water, heat stroke, regular stroke, infection, everything would be deadly in a situation like that.

I'm trying to watch for the wife's sake, but I just can't buy into the scenario. How these guys can ride into a town and find the only gun, kill the owner, and ride out is pretty unbelievable to me. There must be two guns for every resident of my little podunk. They may ride in, but they'd never ride out.

In this case, though, it's not completely clear how or why there would have been mass deaths.
No ambulance, ho hospital, no pharmacy, no fire department, no agricultural equipment, no trucks hauling produce and beef, no refrigeration, without electricity (and I guess combustion engines) there would be mass death. Looters, murderers, jumbo jets falling from the sky, mass starvation, contaminated water, no water, heat stroke, regular stroke, infection, everything would be deadly in a situation like that.

Yea, but they never showed us any of that fun stuff!

Ok, I've definitely got my :preach: hat on ... but in the last episode, three different people called someone a "Det. Tracy's first name." I don't watch much network TV. When did that start being allowed? Wouldn't (I don't think) make it into a PG-13 movie. So do the networks now allow R-rated language? hm

Ok, I've definitely got my :preach: hat on ... but in the last episode, three different people called someone a "Det. Tracy's first name." I don't watch much network TV. When did that start being allowed? Wouldn't (I don't think) make it into a PG-13 movie. So do the networks now allow R-rated language? hm
Compared to all the gore on the cop dramas I'd say some slight language is pretty tame. They aren't dissecting a prostitutes eyeball to pinpoint the location the maggots came from or anything.

TV standards have gone to hell in a handbasket since we saw Dennis Franz pale .

Of course, by comparison, nothing else seems all that bad.