• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fantastic #4 cgc ss 2.0 and #9 cgc s 2.0

63 posts in this topic

for sale: Fantastic Four #4 cgc SS 2.0 purple label & Fantastic Four # 9 cgc SS 2.0 purple label . im asking $450 for the two books together or open to fair offers. there are only 5 cgc SS ff #4's on the census. the cgc numbers for the books..(#4..1019140003) and (#9 1019140006 ) PM me with any questions you might have. thought id put them here a few days before they go to ebay if they don't sell. i will list pics below .. 0917165705_zps96c9c959.jpg[/img]

:facepalm:

Just to head this off at the pass:

Fantastic Four #4

Grade 2.0 (Restored) Cr-OW

Restoration: Slight/Apparent

Label Notes:

SIGNED BY STAN LEE ON 7/21/10.Restoration includes: moderate amount of color touch split sealed.(BOTTOM EDGE OF COVER TRIMMED)

Fantastic Four #9

Grade 2.0 (Restored) OW

Restoration: Slight/Apparent

Label Notes:

SIGNED BY STAN LEE ON 7/21/10. Restoration includes: piece re-attached to cover. (RIGHT EDGE TRIMMED)

if anybody wants to know the restoration and doesnt want to look up the numbers let me know ill post it here.

If you want to sell anything on here...take all the advice given to you already and start over.

1. Provide all the info in your listing so that others don't need to do YOUR work. Tell the resto done, the label notes, etc.

2. Start only one sales thread in the same forum. It keeps things simple for others to also post their books without competing with many of your threads.

3. Provide some references or your ebay handle so people can feel comfortable buying from you.

Some friendly advice.

One other bit of advice....

If my eyes aren't deceiving me, the #4 appears to have a crack in the top left corner?? If that's the case, the CGC number won't disclose that.

And if you sell the book with that undisclosed, you'll end up with one PISSED OFF owner and you'll end up having a chargeback to your Paypal account.

You gotta get with the program man..disclose EVERYTHING!!

its a hair line crack the pic just made it look worse than it was joel told me when i bought it cgc hadnt packed it well when they sent it back.

Seriously? You're selling a cracked slab and you didn't bother to disclose it?

Um...wow! :facepalm:

If you've "been in the business" for 19 years, you should know better

as it isi probably wont even sell this book on here. everybody wants a deal and if nobody wants to look up the cgc numbers thats fine. but i listed those in the ad so it couldn't be said i left anything out. the small crack was simply an error on my part. if i was sooo shady on my comics practices i wouldn't still be on ebay now would i?? further more i know how hard these books are to find signed. and im not selling them for anything less than there fair value

I am not going to get into the middle of this match but I will just say this.

I am in the market for a low grade FF4 reader. I wouldn't mind having a book signed by Stan. I don't care about resto on really low grade copies.

Ie. I am someone who might be interested.

The first thing that I can't help but notice, all this other discussion aside, is that the pictures really leave me wanting. I can't even tell what the book I might be buying would really look like in hand. For exampe - I see something funky across the top strip but I can't tell if that's foxing or a dust shadow or mold or what.

Again, I have no horse in this race. But as a potential customer the pictures and whatnot are not doing anything to get me interested.

The fact is the easier you make it for your buyers the better your sales will be. 2c

Nobody is saying you are shady (at least I'm certainly not). What I think people, myself included, are trying to say is that your books would sell better with a slightly different approach. Go ahead and look up the other threads in this selling section. You will generally see great pictures, everything spelled out, no guessing games. Lots of great books sell here everyday.

Who are you more likely to buy from? The guy on ebay that lists a FF4 with a blurry picture and makes you do the work? Or the guy that lists everything crystal clear? This is no different.

i think it was a dust shadow honestly im not sure my self it never says on the notes anywhere.. joel bought them from a person that was an original owner i believe or at least had had them for very long time. then he submitted a bunch of them for cgc ss. i bought the #4 and #9. as far as the crack goes. it wasn't huge. i could have been a major @ss to joel when i got the book back but i believed him that he didn't crack the case himself. i was very happy with them.