• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Dealer Business Plan

70 posts in this topic

It might be hard to get someone who is willing to help you become a successful direct competitor.

Especially for free.

Seriously- what kind of plan are you looking for? A detailed plan that spells out the do's and don'ts or a simple biz plan you can use to float past investors?

One to use with the SBA.

Don't waste your time.

If you have enough equity in your home, the SBA will approve you. If you don't , they'll reject you. a BP is not a factor.

Seriously- what kind of plan are you looking for? A detailed plan that spells out the do's and don'ts or a simple biz plan you can use to float past investors?

One to use with the SBA.

Don't waste your time.

If you have enough equity in your home, the SBA will approve you. If you don't , they'll reject you. a BP is not a factor.

Sadly, not a home owner. I am a veteran though!

Only deal in what's hot, and buy at the peak of hotness.

Oops sorry, that's my collecting plan.

I was thinking about starting to deal books. My plan was to take my new credit card at 2500 and blow it on a key silver age book. Sit on it for six months or so and flip it for a hundred or so. Then I'd pay off the card an use that 100 or so to start and work my way up.

It would be more of a hobby. I don't think you could submit a business plan though. That'd be tough.

Maybe join GPA and show them the loss and gains of certain comics you plan to buy... I guess that would work.

Reach out to diamond. If you want to sell new books they should have resources and data to help you. Also try comicspro - they have a mentoring program for new dealers.
I tried to set up an account with Diamond and they told me that they wouldn't give me an account becasue I do not have a dedicated website or fixed location. I sell at shows and on ebay.

I was thinking about starting to deal books. My plan was to take my new credit card at 2500 and blow it on a key silver age book. Sit on it for six months or so and flip it for a hundred or so. Then I'd pay off the card an use that 100 or so to start and work my way up.

It would be more of a hobby. I don't think you could submit a business plan though. That'd be tough.

Maybe join GPA and show them the loss and gains of certain comics you plan to buy... I guess that would work.

This is more along the line of what I would want to do. I would more buy keys and cheap collections that come across my path which has been happening a lot lately. I would then take them to shows/sell online.

Thanks for everyone chiming in so far! Keep it coming!

This is more along the line of what I would want to do. I would more buy keys and cheap collections that come across my path which has been happening a lot lately. I would then take them to shows/sell online.

Selling them yourself would probably net more money but would also take a lot of time. Probably better to just flip the buy to another dealer and keep your money liquid. I.E. liquidate aggressively.

The real question is how you're coming across these deals and whether it is a fluke versus something you can count on. (I.E. you are coming across these deals because of your own activities.)

Selling them yourself would probably net more money but would also take a lot of time. Probably better to just flip the buy to another dealer and keep your money liquid. I.E. liquidate aggressively.

The real question is how you're coming across these deals and whether it is a fluke versus something you can count on. (I.E. you are coming across these deals because of your own activities.)

I am definitely not saying every deal is an amazing deal but I have been coming across a lot of good collections lately...but have had to pass on some of the better ones due to lack of capital.