• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay's? "Updating Your Billing Information"

8 posts in this topic

"Please update your records in maximum 24 hours". "Failure to update will result in cancellation of service". It doesn't seem that long ago that I did this. I think I remember some others getting this. Legit? confused.gif

SCAM!

The only time I ever had to change my billing records is when my credit card expired and I had to update the exp date.

The only other reasons you should ever have to update your info is if you move and get a new address, new phone number, or a new email address.

Simple bottom line. NO email that is valid will ask for your password. If it does, it is not valid. If it actually IS valid and the company (whatever it is) asks for a password, dump them like a CGC 1.0 Apparant Dazzler #1. (Sorry Dazz - you know I love ya but.....)

Oh yeah. Same goes for credit card info too.

If you I get something like this I either ignore it or report (depending on it is reportable or just ignorable).

But the thing to do - if you feel compelled - is to go to the real site and look up your information.