• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2000 AD Question

18 posts in this topic

Ok so We have this collection of about maybe 100 or so 2000 AD magazines featuring Judge Dredd.

Issues ranging from the 1200's on I believe. Grades ranging from GD to VF or better.

So the question is;

Are their any issues I should look out for? Do you think the New Movie will re-spark a Interest in these magazines?

Sorry to say, those issues are very common and not worth much (especially in low grade). No major keys in that group either.

The really valuable issues are 1-10 (especially 2, first Judge Dredd), 71,72,77 and 78. 11-200 are worth a bit, and feature alot of great stories and artwork.

The movie is pretty much sparking major interest only in Prog 2.

Is it possible to find a CGC Prog 2?

I am not finding one in any grade.

CGC won't grade progs.

I'm not sure why but here's my guess --

First, they're quite big, larger than most American magazines. Second, they're pretty much like a newspaper, made with cheap paper and folded in half -- so, lots of miscuts, overhangs, etc.

Strictly graded the majority of them would never go over Fine. (With exceptions, of course.)

If you're on the lookout for a Prog 2, note that the copies with the giveaway stickers go for a higher price than those without. However, I've heard from some board members that crooks are actually making counterfeit stickers, so be careful.

Comix4fun has a smashing copy of Prog 2 he purchased from another boardie, Hellblazer, I think. If you ask nicely I'm sure he will post it.

:wishluck:

Is it possible to find a CGC Prog 2?

I am not finding one in any grade.

CGC won't grade progs.

I'm not sure why but here's my guess --

First, they're quite big, larger than most American magazines. Second, they're pretty much like a newspaper, made with cheap paper and folded in half -- so, lots of miscuts, overhangs, etc.

Strictly graded the majority of them would never go over Fine. (With exceptions, of course.)

If you're on the lookout for a Prog 2, note that the copies with the giveaway stickers go for a higher price than those without. However, I've heard from some board members that crooks are actually making counterfeit stickers, so be careful.

Comix4fun has a smashing copy of Prog 2 he purchased from another boardie, Hellblazer, I think. If you ask nicely I'm sure he will post it.

:wishluck:

This one ?

Awesome copy and a great sale.

That's the one!

I didn't know that he sold it. Well, that is a great sale. Highest price, perhaps?

I had not planned on letting it go, but if there was a time to get an irrational price it was the weekend of the film's release.

I bought it for around $900 which was the most, by far, I had ever seen one go for.

I put it up at a giant premium over what I paid so only the truly crazy would entertain the thought.

Then I went to see the film on Friday night of its opening and loved it. I came home and sat looking at the auction considering just pulling it down and keeping it. While I was doing that, and about 10 seconds later, someone bought it. lol

I am more of a 2000AD Dredd original art, and Bolland original art collector than comic collector, really.

If Prog 2 was the first Dredd AND the art was by Bolland I would have probably kept it regardless. lol

My $900+ was the record, as far as I know, when I bought it. So $2500 5 months later has to be.

I have a couple of lesser condition copies that work just fine in my collection.

And I have this to ease the pain of letting this high grade copy go:

Gaze20Large.jpg

That's the one!

I didn't know that he sold it. Well, that is a great sale. Highest price, perhaps?

I had not planned on letting it go, but if there was a time to get an irrational price it was the weekend of the film's release.

I bought it for around $900 which was the most, by far, I had ever seen one go for.

I put it up at a giant premium over what I paid so only the truly crazy would entertain the thought.

Then I went to see the film on Friday night of its opening and loved it. I came home and sat looking at the auction considering just pulling it down and keeping it. While I was doing that, and about 10 seconds later, someone bought it. lol

I am more of a 2000AD Dredd original art, and Bolland original art collector than comic collector, really.

If Prog 2 was the first Dredd AND the art was by Bolland I would have probably kept it regardless. lol

My $900+ was the record, as far as I know, when I bought it. So $2500 5 months later has to be.

Both record prices by comfortable margins! Your last sale has no doubt made it possible for my current listing to be sitting at $1000+ with a day to go (and that's for a lesser copy).

I just noticed somebody else has used the photos from my current listing to list one of their own. Obviously fradulent, and am about to report it!

That's great on the action on your auction and it sucks that someone's trying to piggy back it to some nefarious end.

That's great on the action on your auction and it sucks that someone's trying to piggy back it to some nefarious end.

Yep, I'll be very happy to close that auction successfully!

The guy using my photos just messaged me back. He apologised and explained that his comics are in storage so he used my photos to save having to get them out meh

I explained that anyone bidding is unlikely to go through with the sale once they find out he's using 'stock photos' to describe a $1000+ comic!

Ok so We have this collection of about maybe 100 or so 2000 AD magazines featuring Judge Dredd.

Issues ranging from the 1200's on I believe. Grades ranging from GD to VF or better.

So the question is;

Are their any issues I should look out for? Do you think the New Movie will re-spark a Interest in these magazines?

By the way, the only issue in that range worthy of special attention is 1208, which is genuinely scarce (purportedly due to flooding destroying most of them before they were distributed). £20 on ebay.

Have you been paid for the copy you sold? It went for a good price in the end. :applause:

Already paid and banked. Can't believe how well I did with a few prog 2's this year :cloud9:

It's prog 2 mania out there (with stickers anyway). 'Silveracre' Darryl put one up for a £1700 BIN (now dropped to £1400). I'll be watching with interest to see how the prices settle over the coming months.