• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is the most BAD A$$ Batman figure ever!

25 posts in this topic

"Marvel" Legends Batman line ?

Are we talking that scale with over the top sculpting ?

$15-20 a figure at Toys R Us if you are lucky enough to find one there.

Don't care to much for the armored Batman but I really like the Miller-esque one... the Catwoman piece looks amazing!

Dark-Knight-Returns-Play-Arts-Kai-Batman-02_1348207224_zps15eea167.jpg

Dark-Knight-Rises-Play-Arts-Kai-Catwoman-01_1348207224_zpsfe2d992a.jpg

Dark-Knight-Rises-Play-Arts-Kai-Batman-03_1348207224_zps157738c7.jpg

Dark-Knight-Play-Arts-Kai-Joker-03_1348207224_zps68885b09.jpg

Dark-Knight-Rises-Play-Arts-Kai-Bane_1348207224_zps16ede2b6.jpg

Arkham-City-Play-Arts-Kai-Harley-Quinn_1348207224_zps48da38ce.jpg

ooohhhhh those are prettttttyyyyyyy

The sculptor needs a lesson in proportion. The "miller like" version: the head is way to small. So is Harley's head for that matter.

The sculptor needs a lesson in proportion. The "miller like" version: the head is way to small. So is Harley's head for that matter.

He learned it at the Liefeld Toaster Guns and Huge Leg Illustration Academy.

Dark-Knight-Returns-Play-Arts-Kai-Batman-02_1348207224.jpg

Not a big fan of that 'dry-brush-within-an-inch-of-its-life' painting technique, especially over unpolished sculpts.

It's like the sculptor skipped a step, while the painter goes a step too far.

What's with the anatomy of the arms and legs? And that huge crotch gap... The cowl, cape and shoulder pads are awfully observed. All the joints are way out of proportion and not in a cool stylistic way in a ugly what the hell were they thinking kind of way. And the paint!! Oh my god the paint!!! It reminds me of when I was 11-12 and got into war hammer the only painting technique I knew was dry brushing so I painted all parts of all my models that way.

For a cool more rugged and squat batman I always liked the Dark knight returns collectors set with the joker and batman.

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/11031.shtml