• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When a 35 year collection is worth absolutely nothing.

12 posts in this topic

I've just had the experience to sell some items on ebay. Hooray, one would usually think, but in this case, hooray quickly turned into wth dejection.

When i sent my invoice to the buyer, i was then informed by them that paypal accounts in the Ukraine are not allowed to recieve any money.

I was dumfounded and believed it to be a mistake or joke, then I went to paypal's site and located it myself.

https://cms.paypal.com/al/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/Residence_full

Seems that unless one is an American resident or a resident of a few selected other countries in the world, that paypal/ebay automatically assumes EVERYONE in the country to be a scammer and a criminal at the top of the FBI's most wanted list, obviously.

Therefore, there go my hopes of ever selling anything on ebay and therefore ever getting the funds to get cleaned/pressed or cgc'ed, any of the high grade (and desireable) silver age comics in my collection. They (and the rest of my 35 years of collecting) will just have to rot away instead. Still, at least there is plenty of paper for a fire if times get difficult in a harsh winter.

Sure, there are other payment methods, but all either too prohibitively expensive, time consuming, or even unsafe, for a buyer to bother with.

I've just had the experience to sell some items on ebay. Hooray, one would usually think, but in this case, hooray quickly turned into wth dejection.

When i sent my invoice to the buyer, i was then informed by them that paypal accounts in the Ukraine are not allowed to recieve any money.

I'm confused ???

And according to your link Ukraine can send payments

I was dumfounded and believed it to be a mistake or joke, then I went to paypal's site and located it myself.

https://cms.paypal.com/al/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/Residence_full

Seems that unless one is an American resident or a resident of a few selected other countries in the world, that paypal/ebay automatically assumes EVERYONE in the country to be a scammer and a criminal at the top of the FBI's most wanted list, obviously.

Therefore, there go my hopes of ever selling anything on ebay and therefore ever getting the funds to get cleaned/pressed or cgc'ed, any of the high grade (and desireable) silver age comics in my collection. They (and the rest of my 35 years of collecting) will just have to rot away instead. Still, at least there is plenty of paper for a fire if times get difficult in a harsh winter.

Sure, there are other payment methods, but all either too prohibitively expensive, time consuming, or even unsafe, for a buyer to bother with.

Is there another country close to you that accepts Paypal?

Maybe you can hook up with someone in a nearbye country or

maybe look into International money orders?

I'm confused ???

:facepalm:

I'm confused ???

Can send but apparently can't receive, and as a seller he'd like to receive.

Jim

I'm confused ???

Look closer....

He can SEND payments, not receive.

Just use a 3rd party. Less work for you.