• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby Signature on eBay

20 posts in this topic

Check out this auction.

I'm not trying to question the seller, and for all I know, he could be a member here, so don't take it as an attack. I just don't recall seeing Kirby sign many books on the cover and the ones I have seen had a small and fairly unobtrusive signature, not a bold one across the title.

Does anyone recall any other signatures from "The King" like this one?

Check out this auction.

I'm not trying to question the seller, and for all I know, he could be a member here, so don't take it as an attack. I just don't recall seeing Kirby sign many books on the cover and the ones I have seen had a small and fairly unobtrusive signature, not a bold one across the title.

Thank you, for a second I thought you were attacking my honesty...its legit, I got it myself

I have 3 Kirby signatures, the one shown is from Captain America #200 and when I got it, I got to speak at length with his wife, and when I gave the comics to him he open each one and signed it as shown. That of course does not mean he wouldn't do it on the cover but in my case he wouldn't saying this is where he would rather sign it.

130409.jpg.40e71d007e75919f488b07fef84e6258.jpg

130410.jpg.92bafbb7938537ea4e3176c7aed7d400.jpg

Check out this auction.

Thank you, for a second I thought you were attacking my honesty...its legit, I got it myself

Is that really you? You've got some cool books!

Check out this auction.

I'd have to say no. The slant on the K in Kirby is wrong for sure, the rest of just looks too shaky like it was done slowly, not fluid like the other Kirby sigs I've seen.

All kidding aside, I'm not questioning the signature itself, the scan is too poor for me to feel comfortable doing that. I'm looking solely at the size and location, both of which go against the grain for what I have always seen from Kirby and for the time this book would have been signed.

As for the other sigs, the Jim Lee looks off, but it could be from before his trademark signature developed. Stan's could be older. If he has time and hasn't signed 3,927 sigs in the last hour and a half, his signature can change. Again, the quality of the pics isn't high enough for me to be comfortable dissecting the signatures, and I'm neither defending nor accusing anyone.

Looking at the other auctions, this Kirby signature has to be one of the worst fakes I've ever seen. Look at the third picture in the small pics below the main and enlarge it.

That gets a real :facepalm:

Every single time I see this exact same issue come up regarding Star Wars items, I question the seller and ask him/her if they could please submit a PSA/DNA QuickOpinion. http://www.psacard.com/store/t-quickopinion.aspx

100% of them have either denied or never responded. So I went on a Ebay reporting spree and in some cases contacted my pal at the FBI if the item(s) were over $750 (which would warrant a felony charge punishable up to 5 years in jail) at the final bid (plus shipping). He then passes them on to whomever he deals with.

I think this is a perfect situation that qualifies executing this process. If you all feel like these are fakes I will pass this communication along to my contact.

130421.jpg.8ddb51815aab44a8286f36142e59eefc.jpg

not the most scientific thing ever, but you can just search in google images. Yes some of those may be fake, but just to get an idea.

Looking at the other auctions, this Kirby signature has to be one of the worst fakes I've ever seen. Look at the third picture in the small pics below the main and enlarge it.

That gets a real :facepalm:

Every single time I see this exact same issue come up regarding Star Wars items, I question the seller and ask him/her if they could please submit a PSA/DNA QuickOpinion. http://www.psacard.com/store/t-quickopinion.aspx

100% of them have either denied or never responded. So I went on a Ebay reporting spree and in some cases contacted my pal at the FBI if the item(s) were over $750 (which would warrant a felony charge punishable up to 5 years in jail) at the final bid (plus shipping). He then passes them on to whomever he deals with.

I think this is a perfect situation that qualifies executing this process. If you all feel like these are fakes I will pass this communication along to my contact.

Frohike?