• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleaned and pressed FF 1

10 posts in this topic

The last time I purchased a silver age key issue from Showcase NE, the book came back from the CGC 4 grades lower than stated. (4 grades as in F+, F, F- VG/F) The book which was sold to me as unrestored, also came back with a purple label. In Showcase's defense, so much time had passed since I purchased the book that I never bothered asking for a refund.

The last time I purchased a silver age key issue from Showcase NE, the book came back from the CGC 4 grades lower than stated. (4 grades as in F+, F, F- VG/F) The book which was sold to me as unrestored, also came back with a purple label. In Showcase's defense, so much time had passed since I purchased the book that I never bothered asking for a refund.

i understand the timing issue but feel your pain - that just s* cks..........and even if they were willing to take it back, the reality is they're supposed to be reliable enough so that you get a decent grade and the book is unrestored. i've made MANY low cost purchases from them and find their overall service to be good. they are quick and stuff is packaged well. but, almost always slightly overgraded.893naughty-thumb.gif