• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG's grading?

47 posts in this topic

Here's the CGG book. I'm posting a big scan so all of you can judge for yourselves as to the accuracy of CGG's grading.

sevenseas3.jpg

And the back:

sevenseas3back.jpg

It may be a hair undergraded, maybe. But it is a accurate number. Were going by scan's, not in hand. Sometimes a book simply look's better in person. You can judge the much finer detail or lack there of much better..

Cracked CGG and submitted to CGG? Please clarify?

He means cracked CGG and submitted to CGC I'll bet.

The only one I remember was an Amazing Spider-Man #122 that was a CGG 9.4 and is now a CGC 9.6. There were others, but the ones I saw came back from CGC with PLODs because CGG missed the resto.

The only one I remember was an Amazing Spider-Man #122 that was a CGG 9.4 and is now a CGC 9.6. There were others, but the ones I saw came back from CGC with PLODs because CGG missed the resto.

893whatthe.gif

on the # 122 most members agreed that the book was a way overgraded POS . Before CGC graded it 9.6. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif But FFB forgot that.

If I recall, in that thread I agreed that it was overgraded as a 9.6 or a 9.4. Based on the scans we had, I thought both companies overgraded it.

on the # 122 most members agreed that the book was a way overgraded POS . Before CGC graded it 9.6. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif But FFB forgot that.

If I recall, in that thread I agreed that it was overgraded as a 9.6 or a 9.4. Based on the scans we had, I thought both companies overgraded it.

Here is the original thread: Link to Original Thread re ASM#122

By the way, noshill... how is it that you're so familiar with a thread from March 2004, when you didn't register until June 2004? Whose shill are you?

You also left out that important fact. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm my own. BTW I think the #122 is in the 9.0/9.2 range. I have seen CGC loosen their grades alot this past 6 months. CGGroup has laxed up to industry standards. thumbsup2.gif

If you read the whole prior thread, you'll see that I agree with you on the 9.2 grade. smile.gif

It wasn't the original question. I was responding to the question of whether anyone had ever cracked a CGG slab and sent it to CGC, and if so, what the grades were. Did I need to recreate the highlights of a 28-page, four-month-old thread in order to avoid being accused of intentional omissions?

makepoint.gif

I don't see anything missing. confused-smiley-013.gifThe book is folded perfectly along the black edge. Is that bad? Why is every CGG book trimmed? 893naughty-thumb.gif There are at least 2 cgc 8.0 books on the Heritage site that have the same cut. Are they trimmed also??? insane.gif

BTW, with no profile and a name like "noshill", I would question your perspective on this. Do you work for CGG?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It wasn't the original question. I was responding to the question of whether anyone had ever cracked a CGG slab and sent it to CGC, and if so, what the grades were. Did I need to recreate the highlights of a 28-page, four-month-old thread in order to avoid being accused of intentional omissions?

makepoint.gif

YES! 27_laughing.gif

Don't you know every new thing you say is torn down & scrutinized to find anything that can be used to jab at you or disrupt a thread. You should read back through every post you have made so you never leave out something someone may percieve as an intentional omission. 27_laughing.gif

makepoint.gifstooges.gif893blahblah.gif

27_laughing.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif