• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kickstarter project FUNDED ! The Encyclopedia of Golden Age Superheroes

5 posts in this topic

And by Jess Nevins no less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jess_Nevins

The project.

An exhaustively complete guide to the heroes and heroines of comic books' Golden Age, 1935-1949, in print and as a web site.

Kickstarter is awesome for funding a lot of art-oriented projects,be it film ,theater or books.

From the Kickstarter page.

If I raise $6,000, I will make the entire manuscript free online, as a professionally designed web site, similar to The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. You'll be able to buy copies of the book as print-on-demand, but it will be permanently available, for free, to the world.

This guy was aiming for 6k.

He got funded to the tune of 15k. :applause::banana:

I was trying to get money funded for my short films,but one of the rules is you have to be a permanent resident of the U.S.

I'll have to look into Indiegogo.

The project.

An exhaustively complete guide to the heroes and heroines of comic books' Golden Age, 1935-1949, in print and as a web site.

Kickstarter is awesome for funding a lot of art-oriented projects,be it film ,theater or books.

If I raise $6,000, I will make the entire manuscript free online, as a professionally designed web site, similar to The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction. You'll be able to buy copies of the book as print-on-demand, but it will be permanently available, for free, to the world.

I was trying to get money funded for my short films,but one of the rules is you have to be a permanent resident of the U.S.

As you are a resident of Canada, you should be able to get funding as long as your project is Produced in Canada.

CAL who knows a bit about movies...

The project.

As you are a resident of Canada, you should be able to get funding as long as your project is Produced in Canada.

CAL who knows a bit about movies...

From this Kickstarter projects Google map,i can see there are indeed a few in Montreal.

But on the requirements page,it says.

Am I eligible to start a Kickstarter project?

To be eligible to start a Kickstarter project, you need to satisfy the requirements of Amazon Payments: Be a US resident and at least 18 years of age with a social security number (or EIN), a US bank account, US address, US state-issued ID (driver’s license), and major US credit or debit card. Please note that anyone, anywhere (with a major credit card) can pledge to Kickstarter projects. We’re working hard to open up to more countries. If you’ve been waiting, we really appreciate your patience.

And also this article.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/small-business/sb-digital/web-strategy/a-kickstart-to-raising-funds-on-kickstarter/article4105948/

Guess more research is needed.

Canadian Citizens that are "qualified" can apply for grants, and I have heard of this during my "other projects".

If you want, I can get more info from the people who actually work in a Major Studio and PM you with it.

CAL who loves Cinema...

Canadian Citizens that are "qualified" can apply for grants, and I have heard of this during my "other projects".

If you want, I can get more info from the people who actually work in a Major Studio and PM you with it.

CAL who loves Cinema...

Thats awfully nice of you.

By all means,PM me a whole book of info. (thumbs u

Ben who eats films for a living.

Tastes great,less filling.