• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink September Auction....

176 posts in this topic

these focused auctions are the isle of misfit toys: every miswrapped, common POS dumped here. i bid on two books. whoop de doo.

Yes but then a gem like this pops up. White pages and no miswrap as many of these have. I've been holding out for a well centered copy for a while now :banana:

BB93.jpg

That book is still on my to buy list...

Not wrapped as nicely but tightly graded, and some room for negotiation. Spam here.

these focused auctions are the isle of misfit toys: every miswrapped, common POS dumped here. i bid on two books. whoop de doo.

Yes but then a gem like this pops up. White pages and no miswrap as many of these have. I've been holding out for a well centered copy for a while now :banana:

BB93.jpg

That book is still on my to buy list...

Not wrapped as nicely but tightly graded, and some room for negotiation. Spam here.

That Brave and Bold 60 is a bargain compared to the one here linky

Anyone here pick up that 9.6 Brave and the Bold #85. Very astounded at the final gavel price of $1,655. I guess this would make it the most valuable of the of the Adams BBs. No doubt the upcoming Green Arrow TV series is fueling a little speculative interest.

Why are you astounded at the price? (shrug) They have been selling for anywhere between $1300 and $2300 for years. I thought it would go higher given that it presents very well and has white pages.

And even in high grade, this book is infamous for having dust shadowing on front cover. Miswrap is also very, very common.

Anyone here pick up that 9.6 Brave and the Bold #85. Very astounded at the final gavel price of $1,655. I guess this would make it the most valuable of the of the Adams BBs. No doubt the upcoming Green Arrow TV series is fueling a little speculative interest.

This book was selling for over 2K a couple years back and it's always been the most valuable Adams BB book. Also no idea why any speculators would get any ideas from a WB TV show.

Think this is the only 9.6 I've seen that had a a nice wrap, every other one I can remember seeing had an angled miswrap.

Here is confirmation on your post on two accounts. Price (which is FMV) and miswrap.

http://highgradecomics.com/article.php?dynamic=book_details&id=87638

The Avengers # 101 came from me....overall, my consignments have been fetching crummy prices. :facepalm:

George its a bitter sweet win. :(:banana::P:ohnoez: I was about to head home threw in a $125 bid just because I need this picture frame book, it has a nice black cover and white pages. Thought for sure someone would have pushed it higher.

The Avengers # 101 came from me....overall, my consignments have been fetching crummy prices. :facepalm:

I think its a bad time of year for sales in general, couple months from now it should be a whole different story.

I would think so too. This time of year always seems to bring a lull in auction prices. Great for buying generally. People are past their summer budgets and not yet into Fall/Christmas buying.

George its a bitter sweet win. :(:banana::P:ohnoez: I was about to head home threw in a $125 bid just because I need this picture frame book, it has a nice black cover and white pages. Thought for sure someone would have pushed it higher.

I was underbidder on it.