• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with MYCOMICSHOP?

113 posts in this topic

They were both rude and inept the only time I ordered from them. I would never consider buying from them again. They shipped me 25 damaged comics LATE, and then proceeded to tell me how wonderful they are. If I'm writing to make a complaint... listen and resolve the problem. Don't be rude and tell me how wonderful you are. Obviously, I disagree and you wasted my time. They sent me comics in such poor condition that I would have never bought them for any amount of money. Honestly, I'm glad I found out while buying inexpensive comics. I had considered buying some high dollar comics from them. I know how they are now so I don't even window shop at their site.

Note: It's been 5 years MYCOMICSHOP.com.... don't PM or send me an email trying to resolve the issue. You had the opportunity to be polite and responsive on the first 5 email exchanges. The email you sent me a year after the fact when I mentioned my dissatisfaction online was deleted. I will delete any messages you try to send me.

DG

You don't want them to resolve it? Cool bro :cool:

No. I want nothing to do with them. I value my time more than that.

DG

You and RMA should just spin off your own MCS haters thread where you can both continue to moan about years old interactions with MCS.

:eyeroll:

That way you both won't need to bomb every MCS thread rehashing it again and again, but you'll be able to annoy each other with your kvetching and let people with problems they are actually willing to solve reasonably be heard.

:facepalm:

clueless+5.jpg

Actually, they weren't willing to solve it until I started complaining publicly and they sent me an email a year later. It was an attempt to cover their because I didn't pout over it and keep it to myself. I threw the comics away, learned my lesson, and moved on with my life. I warn others as a public service. They ignored the issue and acted like it didn't exist. I don't really need you to misrepresent the situation. The packaging was inept. The cardboard protection was the same length and width as the cover of the comics, so any impact to the stack was assured to damage the books. The internal padding was inadequate. The box looked like it was salvaged from a dumpster but showed no sign of the carrier handling the box in an unexpected manner. After questioning their published processing times and letting it known that I was concerned about my order, they made no attempt to check the order status. I waited beyond the time I was told the order would ship and questioned them again. They hadn't even shipped it at the time they told me it would ship. Only after questioning the dates they quoted in an email to me did they even go look for the order status and get it out the door. I received nothing but rude emails from the start. The info they gave me was incorrect. Every comic... about 25... were received damaged. None were in the condition I ordered. None were in a condition I even want in my house. I shopped with them because I knew they been around and dealt with volume. I assumed that the volume they ship would give them enough experience to provide basic common sense protection and responsive customer service. I was wrong.

I will speak about my 100% dissatisfaction as a public service to those who might just expect basic customer service and reasonable care when handling an order. It is my experience that they provided neither. They essentially wasted my time through the entire process and I value my time even more than I did the comics.

If I had wanted to shop at conventions or sift through people's local inventory, I could have bought the comics for a fraction of the cost. I paid $3 each for comics I could buy over time for a quarter either through bulk purchases or intense searching. The ONLY reason I paid more and ordered through them was the "one stop shopping" opportunity.

Mile High Comics isn't perfect, but they at least provide the customer a reasonable shopping experience. They shipped me a wrong comic once and I just wrote it off as a mistake. It did not infuriate me like the unresponsive and rude customer service people did at MCS.

DG

This sounds like a very isolated incident. I understand your dissatisfaction, and I'm always amazed when people in customer service don't begin a conversation with "I'm sorry."

However, look at the overwhelmingly positive experiences. Maybe its time to give them another chance 5 years later...

It also sounds like you're telling the guy he must be a high maintenance buyer and to suck it up. This isn't a statement towards MCS per se, but I stopped following the "support your lcs" bandwagon ride a long time ago, and quite frankly, the number of alternatives and deserving retailers makes the choice to take my business elsewhere a no-brainer.

They were both rude and inept the only time I ordered from them. I would never consider buying from them again. They shipped me 25 damaged comics LATE, and then proceeded to tell me how wonderful they are. If I'm writing to make a complaint... listen and resolve the problem. Don't be rude and tell me how wonderful you are. Obviously, I disagree and you wasted my time. They sent me comics in such poor condition that I would have never bought them for any amount of money. Honestly, I'm glad I found out while buying inexpensive comics. I had considered buying some high dollar comics from them. I know how they are now so I don't even window shop at their site.

Note: It's been 5 years MYCOMICSHOP.com.... don't PM or send me an email trying to resolve the issue. You had the opportunity to be polite and responsive on the first 5 email exchanges. The email you sent me a year after the fact when I mentioned my dissatisfaction online was deleted. I will delete any messages you try to send me.

DG

DG

You and RMA should just spin off your own MCS haters thread where you can both continue to moan about years old interactions with MCS.

That way you both won't need to bomb every MCS thread rehashing it again and again, but you'll be able to annoy each other with your kvetching and let people with problems they are actually willing to solve reasonably be heard.

clueless+5.jpg

Actually, they weren't willing to solve it until I started complaining publicly and they sent me an email a year later. It was an attempt to cover their because I didn't pout over it and keep it to myself. I threw the comics away, learned my lesson, and moved on with my life. I warn others as a public service. They ignored the issue and acted like it didn't exist. I don't really need you to misrepresent the situation. The packaging was inept. The cardboard protection was the same length and width as the cover of the comics, so any impact to the stack was assured to damage the books. The internal padding was inadequate. The box looked like it was salvaged from a dumpster but showed no sign of the carrier handling the box in an unexpected manner. After questioning their published processing times and letting it known that I was concerned about my order, they made no attempt to check the order status. I waited beyond the time I was told the order would ship and questioned them again. They hadn't even shipped it at the time they told me it would ship. Only after questioning the dates they quoted in an email to me did they even go look for the order status and get it out the door. I received nothing but rude emails from the start. The info they gave me was incorrect. Every comic... about 25... were received damaged. None were in the condition I ordered. None were in a condition I even want in my house. I shopped with them because I knew they been around and dealt with volume. I assumed that the volume they ship would give them enough experience to provide basic common sense protection and responsive customer service. I was wrong.

I will speak about my 100% dissatisfaction as a public service to those who might just expect basic customer service and reasonable care when handling an order. It is my experience that they provided neither. They essentially wasted my time through the entire process and I value my time even more than I did the comics.

If I had wanted to shop at conventions or sift through people's local inventory, I could have bought the comics for a fraction of the cost. I paid $3 each for comics I could buy over time for a quarter either through bulk purchases or intense searching. The ONLY reason I paid more and ordered through them was the "one stop shopping" opportunity.

Mile High Comics isn't perfect, but they at least provide the customer a reasonable shopping experience. They shipped me a wrong comic once and I just wrote it off as a mistake. It did not infuriate me like the unresponsive and rude customer service people did at MCS.

DG

This sounds like a very isolated incident. I understand your dissatisfaction, and I'm always amazed when people in customer service don't begin a conversation with "I'm sorry."

However, look at the overwhelmingly positive experiences. Maybe its time to give them another chance 5 years later...

It also sounds like you're telling the guy he must be a high maintenance buyer and to suck it up. This isn't a statement towards MCS per se, but I stopped following the "support your lcs" bandwagon ride a long time ago, and quite frankly, the number of alternatives and deserving retailers makes the choice to take my business elsewhere a no-brainer.

Wow- way to put words in my mouth. Where do I say anything about him as a buyer?

DG

DG

clueless+5.jpg

DG

Wow- way to put words in my mouth. Where do I say anything about him as a buyer?

And where in his response did you get the impression he ever wants to do business with MCS? I understand the peacemaker aspect, but it seems as soon as someone expresses dissatisfaction towards MCS, they get lumped into the RMA camp. After reading the boardie's description of events, it's pretty clear he's doing it to warn others of his past experience.

DG

DG

clueless+5.jpg

DG

And where in his response did you get the impression he ever wants to do business with MCS? I understand the peacemaker aspect, but it seems as soon as someone expresses dissatisfaction towards MCS, they get lumped into the RMA camp.

smileys-camping-068148.gif

After reading the boardie's description of events, it's pretty clear he's doing it to warn others of his past experience.

:hi:

220px-ChoppedLiver.jpg

meh

DG

DG

clueless+5.jpg

DG

And where in his response did you get the impression he ever wants to do business with MCS? I understand the peacemaker aspect, but it seems as soon as someone expresses dissatisfaction towards MCS, they get lumped into the RMA camp.

smileys-camping-068148.gif

After reading the boardie's description of events, it's pretty clear he's doing it to warn others of his past experience.

:hi:

meh

I think most people sympathized in principle, but the thread where the event unfolded just took on a life of its own. 2c

You and RMA should just spin off your own MCS haters thread

Why is this thread not about MCS issues?

because nobody could possibly have any issues with MCS, if they do, they must be lying (thumbs u

at least that is how the MCS loyalists make it seem hm

:cloud9:

because nobody could possibly have any issues with MCS, if they do, they must be lying (thumbs u

This must be true.

And where in his response did you get the impression he ever wants to do business with MCS? I understand the peacemaker aspect, but it seems as soon as someone expresses dissatisfaction towards MCS, they get lumped into the RMA camp. After reading the boardie's description of events, it's pretty clear he's doing it to warn others of his past experience.

I never did nor did I say I did. I simply conveyed my opinion on a company that I, and many others, have had good experiences with. I've also always been the kind of customer where I give companies a second chance. At that point I'm done though. And I have literally stopped using a business even at my own inconvenience. My wife and I lived in a town where we couldn't order delivery from any of the restaurants because of how poor the service had been.

Having said all that, after a certain length of time or good comments from other people I usually give them another chance.

Each their own, I just didn't like the way you implied I said things.

I never did nor did I say I did. I simply conveyed my opinion on a company that I, and many others, have had good experiences with. I've also always been the kind of customer where I give companies a second chance. At that point I'm done though. And I have literally stopped using a business even at my own inconvenience. My wife and I lived in a town where we couldn't order delivery from any of the restaurants because of how poor the service had been.

Having said all that, after a certain length of time or good comments from other people I usually give them another chance.

Fair enough. I just didn't at the time understand the "it's been 5 years, why not give them a chance" comment. I heard your handling and personal take which explains it better. I too am big on second chances, and agree it seems like a lot of time has passed, but after reading their post I don't expect the persons to change their mind as they seem steadfastly opposed.

You're one of those high maintenance buyers - never satisfied no matter how many times you get sent an ASM 310 CGC 9.8. :grin:

I'm not, I'm a picky son of a person_without_enough_empathy, an individual_without_enough_empathy by nature. I'm not a true believer and I say burn me once and unless you bend over backwards, I'm done. I don't doubt others have had issues, that sucks. I however, have had numerous smooth transactions with them.

From my experiences, I have had problems with the NM raw books being over graded that I have purchased. But as soon as I have notified them of a grading issue. They have always taken the books in dispute back and refunded my money. So I really have nothing to complain about. They back there products with satisfaction guaranteed.

You're one of those high maintenance buyers - never satisfied no matter how many times you get sent an ASM 310 CGC 9.8. :grin:

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

IMG_2644.jpgIMG_2645.jpg

^^