• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with MYCOMICSHOP?

113 posts in this topic

If you put numeric grades together, he bought a 8.0, a 4.0 and a 6.0 for a total of 18

CGC gave him books with a total of 19.5.

If you look at it like that, I can see how he might feel they were close. I don't, myself but sort of see his point, if I squint real hard and look at it in the proper light

Seeing as how I got the books from CS for trade in credit on books I didn't want any longer. I'm pretty happy with the transaction.

Tune in same time next week for another MCS thread.

Seems like any time things aren't perfect with them it necessitates a thread on this forum....

And every time MyComicShop comes here and calmly and rationally deals with it and attracts more customers

meh

Seems like any time things aren't perfect with them it necessitates a thread on this forum....

And every time MyComicShop comes here and calmly and rationally deals with it and attracts more customers

meh

Do you still have butthurt over that? lol

meh

Do you still have butthurt over that? lol

ii9307241a.jpg

They were both rude and inept the only time I ordered from them. I would never consider buying from them again. They shipped me 25 damaged comics LATE, and then proceeded to tell me how wonderful they are. If I'm writing to make a complaint... listen and resolve the problem. Don't be rude and tell me how wonderful you are. Obviously, I disagree and you wasted my time. They sent me comics in such poor condition that I would have never bought them for any amount of money. Honestly, I'm glad I found out while buying inexpensive comics. I had considered buying some high dollar comics from them. I know how they are now so I don't even window shop at their site.

Note: It's been 5 years MYCOMICSHOP.com.... don't PM or send me an email trying to resolve the issue. You had the opportunity to be polite and responsive on the first 5 email exchanges. The email you sent me a year after the fact when I mentioned my dissatisfaction online was deleted. I will delete any messages you try to send me.

DG

I can honestly say I've never had a good experience with MCS. Not even once. :(

I can also say I've never had a bad experience with MCS. Not even once. :)

You should get out more :baiting:

I can honestly say I've never had a good experience with MCS. Not even once. :(

I can also say I've never had a bad experience with MCS. Not even once. :)

You should get out more :baiting:

My state issued ankle bracelet won't allow it.

lol

They were both rude and inept the only time I ordered from them. I would never consider buying from them again. They shipped me 25 damaged comics LATE, and then proceeded to tell me how wonderful they are. If I'm writing to make a complaint... listen and resolve the problem. Don't be rude and tell me how wonderful you are. Obviously, I disagree and you wasted my time. They sent me comics in such poor condition that I would have never bought them for any amount of money. Honestly, I'm glad I found out while buying inexpensive comics. I had considered buying some high dollar comics from them. I know how they are now so I don't even window shop at their site.

Note: It's been 5 years MYCOMICSHOP.com.... don't PM or send me an email trying to resolve the issue. You had the opportunity to be polite and responsive on the first 5 email exchanges. The email you sent me a year after the fact when I mentioned my dissatisfaction online was deleted. I will delete any messages you try to send me.

DG

You don't want them to resolve it? Cool bro :cool:

DG

No. I want nothing to do with them. I value my time more than that.

DG

DG

DG

You and RMA should just spin off your own MCS haters thread where you can both continue to moan about years old interactions with MCS. That way you both won't need to bomb every MCS thread rehashing it again and again, but you'll be able to annoy each other with your kvetching and let people with problems they are actually willing to solve reasonably be heard.

DG

DG

You and RMA should just spin off your own MCS haters thread where you can both continue to moan about years old interactions with MCS.

:eyeroll:

That way you both won't need to bomb every MCS thread rehashing it again and again, but you'll be able to annoy each other with your kvetching and let people with problems they are actually willing to solve reasonably be heard.

:facepalm:

clueless+5.jpg

Growing up in Arlington, I practically lived in the original LCS shop. I remember being there the day Spider-Man #1 and X-Men #1 came out. Of course I had been a customer of their's for about a year before that. Back when the Marvel trading cards were HOT and you could get $35 for the Wolverine hologram :banana:

Many years past that time now, I get my weekly comics elsewhere, but still visit their other shops. Not really a fan of where the current Arlington shop is now. But I have ordered 100's of books from them via their ebay account, and maybe only 2 or 3 books out of probably 500 books have been in a condition less than stated.

Now I should probably mention that I have never ordered anything pre-1990's books from them, And nothing of high value to get twisted over the condition. But I have never had an issue with the packaging of their shipments either.

I will continue to purchase books from them.

DG

DG

You and RMA should just spin off your own MCS haters thread where you can both continue to moan about years old interactions with MCS.

That way you both won't need to bomb every MCS thread rehashing it again and again, but you'll be able to annoy each other with your kvetching and let people with problems they are actually willing to solve reasonably be heard.

clueless+5.jpg

Actually, they weren't willing to solve it until I started complaining publicly and they sent me an email a year later. It was an attempt to cover their because I didn't pout over it and keep it to myself. I threw the comics away, learned my lesson, and moved on with my life. I warn others as a public service. They ignored the issue and acted like it didn't exist. I don't really need you to misrepresent the situation. The packaging was inept. The cardboard protection was the same length and width as the cover of the comics, so any impact to the stack was assured to damage the books. The internal padding was inadequate. The box looked like it was salvaged from a dumpster but showed no sign of the carrier handling the box in an unexpected manner. After questioning their published processing times and letting it known that I was concerned about my order, they made no attempt to check the order status. I waited beyond the time I was told the order would ship and questioned them again. They hadn't even shipped it at the time they told me it would ship. Only after questioning the dates they quoted in an email to me did they even go look for the order status and get it out the door. I received nothing but rude emails from the start. The info they gave me was incorrect. Every comic... about 25... were received damaged. None were in the condition I ordered. None were in a condition I even want in my house. I shopped with them because I knew they been around and dealt with volume. I assumed that the volume they ship would give them enough experience to provide basic common sense protection and responsive customer service. I was wrong.

I will speak about my 100% dissatisfaction as a public service to those who might just expect basic customer service and reasonable care when handling an order. It is my experience that they provided neither. They essentially wasted my time through the entire process and I value my time even more than I did the comics.

If I had wanted to shop at conventions or sift through people's local inventory, I could have bought the comics for a fraction of the cost. I paid $3 each for comics I could buy over time for a quarter either through bulk purchases or intense searching. The ONLY reason I paid more and ordered through them was the "one stop shopping" opportunity.

Mile High Comics isn't perfect, but they at least provide the customer a reasonable shopping experience. They shipped me a wrong comic once and I just wrote it off as a mistake. It did not infuriate me like the unresponsive and rude customer service people did at MCS.

DG

You and RMA should just spin off your own MCS haters thread

Why is this thread not about MCS issues?

because nobody could possibly have any issues with MCS, if they do, they must be lying (thumbs u

at least that is how the MCS loyalists make it seem hm

DG

DG

clueless+5.jpg

Actually, they weren't willing to solve it until I started complaining publicly and they sent me an email a year later. It was an attempt to cover their because I didn't pout over it and keep it to myself. I threw the comics away, learned my lesson, and moved on with my life. I warn others as a public service. They ignored the issue and acted like it didn't exist. I don't really need you to misrepresent the situation. The packaging was inept. The cardboard protection was the same length and width as the cover of the comics, so any impact to the stack was assured to damage the books. The internal padding was inadequate. The box looked like it was salvaged from a dumpster but showed no sign of the carrier handling the box in an unexpected manner. After questioning their published processing times and letting it known that I was concerned about my order, they made no attempt to check the order status. I waited beyond the time I was told the order would ship and questioned them again. They hadn't even shipped it at the time they told me it would ship. Only after questioning the dates they quoted in an email to me did they even go look for the order status and get it out the door. I received nothing but rude emails from the start. The info they gave me was incorrect. Every comic... about 25... were received damaged. None were in the condition I ordered. None were in a condition I even want in my house. I shopped with them because I knew they been around and dealt with volume. I assumed that the volume they ship would give them enough experience to provide basic common sense protection and responsive customer service. I was wrong.

I will speak about my 100% dissatisfaction as a public service to those who might just expect basic customer service and reasonable care when handling an order. It is my experience that they provided neither. They essentially wasted my time through the entire process and I value my time even more than I did the comics.

If I had wanted to shop at conventions or sift through people's local inventory, I could have bought the comics for a fraction of the cost. I paid $3 each for comics I could buy over time for a quarter either through bulk purchases or intense searching. The ONLY reason I paid more and ordered through them was the "one stop shopping" opportunity.

Mile High Comics isn't perfect, but they at least provide the customer a reasonable shopping experience. They shipped me a wrong comic once and I just wrote it off as a mistake. It did not infuriate me like the unresponsive and rude customer service people did at MCS.

DG

This sounds like a very isolated incident. I understand your dissatisfaction, and I'm always amazed when people in customer service don't begin a conversation with "I'm sorry."

However, look at the overwhelmingly positive experiences. Maybe its time to give them another chance 5 years later...