• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Vampire

64 posts in this topic

I love this title. It is probably my favorite book that I read in trade format. Today was the release of the 4th Hard Cover. Thankfully, today was the day that I was able to catch up and stop reading this book in trade format. I'm really curious to find out if I will enjoy this title as much when I'm reading it in smaller clips on a monthly basis. Is any one else enjoying this book as much as me. Why do you think this book hasn't had any interest from collectors or any heat in the secondary market. There was a time when I couldn't find a copy of the Jim Lee variant to issue No. 1, but it's now being listed. I think this book would make an amazing TV series and that it is a thousand times better than True Blood. Hopefully some day I'll be able to score a Steven King SS copy of American Vampire. :wishluck:

I've been reading the issues as they've come out.

I mostly kept reading because I enjoy the art & the story but I LOVE the character Skinner Sweet.

I do feel that if he is removed from the title then I may stop buying it altogether.

I picked up #1 and stuck with it monthly until the end of the "Beast in the Cave" arc. I may fill the gaps at some point if I can get them cheap - just found I wasn't enjoying it all that much reading in small chunks. I can imagine it's better in trade.

Interesting comment from Nico re hoping for a Steven King SS. I know he's a VERY rare sig find, so maybe that's the reason, but frankly I think Snyder's story in issues 1-6 was much better than King's.