• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

American Vampire

64 posts in this topic

I'm reading this series in tpb and I love it. Just finished the 3rd tpb, hopefully the 4th tpb comes out soon so i can get caught up with this series.

Anyone know the current issue it's on? The year long hiatus may help me catch up so i can start with single issues sometime in the future.

Just read # 32 IIRC last night and I like how Hattie is back. Don't know what to make of Sweet's apparent (?) double-cross. I like the layers added by this return and need to go back to the beginning to remember the dynamics of relationships at the beginning.

So, yes, I have been glad to have been onboard since issue # 1 :)

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/scott-snyder-american-vampite-hiatus.html

Snyder: Yeah, I cannot emphasize enough how absolutely firm we are in terms of how temporary this hiatus is.

But the bottom line is, we're coming back within a year of issue #34. And I just want to reiterate to fans out there that Rafael and I know exactly what's coming up next, and we very much want to get back to it in about six months after issue #34.

:whee:

I never thought a Vampire-based book would be my favorite ongoing Modern series, but there you have it. Just a great series and Albuquerque's work is brilliant, will be a long few months but there's a bunch of good stuff to read these days.

I do like the sound of what he has planned for the 2nd half.

im very sadden that they're taking next year off.

this book is MILES better then anything else Scott does

His run on Tec & Batman are certainly higher quality but given this was a ground-up project with no legacy he's done a great job with it so far (particularly considering the subject matter and how easily he could have blown it). Severed was also good work - the man knows how to write horror.