• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC submission anxiety

46 posts in this topic

One of them was a red holder book that i cracked in hopes of getting a better grade.

Well....that didnt happen.......went in as a 9.4.....came out as a 9.0

If you crack it, is it still called a reholder when you resubmit it? Isn't it just a regular raw submission again?

I hate this thread, for no other reason than i have never had an issue with shipping to CGC until i read this!

Sent some books in to be graded a few months ago.

One of them was a red holder book that i cracked in hopes of getting a better grade.

Well....that didnt happen.......went in as a 9.4.....came out as a 9.0

Also, the other books in that shipment all graded lower than what i expected.

I havent recieved them back yet, but i can only assume that happened while in shipment as i know how they looked leaving my hands.

Oh well....that is the chance we take when dealing with USPS!

I know how you feel, I know the condition the books were in when I shipped them. But once they are in the hands of the USPS...... :frustrated:

Why crack it out?? If it's a reholder, all they do is replace the outer plastic shell

Are you sure? I was wanting to get a book reholdered because the micro chamber paper is showing. It is very annoying.

I thought I read some where that when you reholder a book, they change the micro chamber paper?