• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank The Creator!

35 posts in this topic

I do something similar. I tell them Ill have a nice scan on the CAF so if they want to see it they can.

I also add dont F it up because there are some good sketch covers in my CAF and you dont want to be the worst one, you want to be the best one.

lol

I do something similar. I tell them Ill have a nice scan on the CAF so if they want to see it they can.

I also add dont F it up because there are some good sketch covers in my CAF and you dont want to be the worst one, you want to be the best one.

lol

Nothing works like pressure! :lol:

I do my best to make sure the artist feels comfortable, especially with sketch covers/opps.

In the Chris Stevens opp, our resident blank guru .Troy went out of his way to make sure everyone had the option of using his blanks. This really helped in the end, since I can say to the artist(that dislikes the cover stock on blanks) "here are the best quality blanks for you do do your work."

I thank the creators(for taking the requests) reps(for the transactions) and boardies(for submitting books/requests) for participating and for their patience

Every opp has not been a smooth ride, but I can say with honesty that I try my best to make everyone satisfied. This attitude has been working out great so far :)

Ok..first, I want to thank...I want to thank my agent for standing by me when all the big name Companies were turning me down. Then I want to thank my wife Elise for believing in me, even when I had given up on myself... then I want to thank Jon and Cherise for lending me the 12000 dollars from their mortgage-loan to get the project off the ground, and lastly..I want to thank the almighty creator, with out you I would still be living in that flea-infested apartment, where the rats were fighting over who would eat the severely malnourished cockroaches that came from out of the walls...Peace!

I have a Twitter account. I don't use it for much (mostly just for following announcements), but I do follow creators that I like, including two that I've met in-person. I try to be polite and thankful. If I read a book, or have read a story in the past, that I particularly enjoyed, I try to make the effort to tell them my thoughts on it. One particular writer has introduced me to a few long-established characters that escaped my focus.

They are often very gracious in their responses, and for that, I'm an even bigger fan. They thank ME for reading the books they write or draw.

I wanted to thank you all here for inspiring me to follow-up on a few meetings I had a few months ago. Despite thanking him at his signing, I read this thread, and sent another message to an artist, again thanking him for taking the time out to meet with fans and do some quick sketches. He seemed pretty appreciative.

I think this is a good thing. . . I encourage everyone here to keep sending out the good vibes!

Big thanks to Aaron Kuder for this one. Mysteriously, I knew he would be taking over Avenging Spider-Man soon...

hm

Anyhow, I requested a simple sketch and this is what I got!

It also does not hurt to know the guy's mom either :whistle: Did u show her the book so she could show it off @ work? Parent's pride is always a good thing.

Big thanks to Aaron Kuder for this one. Mysteriously, I knew he would be taking over Avenging Spider-Man soon...

hm

Anyhow, I requested a simple sketch and this is what I got!

It also does not hurt to know the guy's mom either :whistle: Did u show her the book so she could show it off @ work? Parent's pride is always a good thing.

I did take it in! I had lots of explaining to do with the CGC case. Practically no one seemed to get it.

I wish I had inside info, I got it from CBN...I think. I know it was some comics news site.

lol