• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel/DC Comic Subscription Mailers Never Opened. COOL!!!

33 posts in this topic

Don't these subscription copies have a crease and not just a bend. I can't imagine these not having color breaking problems. And then it being a full length crease that puts the grade at VG or so which kills any kind of value on Bronze books other than the top 10 issues.

As they are I think these are such a cool item and in such numbers with so many key issues that keeping them as is, especially as a collection would be the way to go.

Don't these subscription copies have a crease and not just a bend. I can't imagine these not having color breaking problems. And then it being a full length crease that puts the grade at VG or so which kills any kind of value on Bronze books other than the top 10 issues.

As they are I think these are such a cool item and in such numbers with so many key issues that keeping them as is, especially as a collection would be the way to go.

I agree about keeping them as is, but the buyer can do whatever they choose. Not slabbable IMO

I pulled the ones I wanted and figured let the rest go. 6 is enough for me.

Spreading them out was fine by me, but I actually preferred to sell them to 1 person. You know with all the shipping it was going to be, much less headache on my end this way.

I remember getting them in like 1981-1984 and having those brown mailers but dont remember them actually being folded in half. Im almost positive by then, the mailers were full sized and they only got bent when my mailman folded them to stuff in the mailbox.

Does anyone know when they stopped folding them in half like that or am i mis-remembering my mailers? hm

I remember getting them in like 1981-1984 and having those brown mailers but dont remember them actually being folded in half. Im almost positive by then, the mailers were full sized and they only got bent when my mailman folded them to stuff in the mailbox.

Does anyone know when they stopped folding them in half like that or am i mis-remembering my mailers? hm

I bought them the same way and they came unfolded. I never did understand what a subscription crease was until much later. They still got all kinds of dinked up in delivery. Being a young teenager I was only remotely aware of the condition issue. I always wondered back then how folks got there books in such great shape.

I got those subscriptions in the late 70s/early 80s and you are remembering correctly. By that time, they were flat in a brown envelope, not folded. Well, they weren't folded in the envelope, but they may have been folded by the mailman to fit in the mailbox. ;)

+1

I bought a collection a couple of years ago that had some of the best sub-crease books I have ever seen. They had been kept flat probably since they were taken out of the holders. As nice as they were, they still had the comic-length color-breaking crease on the back cover and while the front cover did not have a color-breaking crease, they still had the dinks that are caused by the folding on the top and bottom of the FC. Still, I got a nice run of Avengers from #64 to #92 and they are proudly my reading copies now. They are worth more to me as readers than the $3 or so I could get selling them.

Still, a unique collection to unearth. (thumbs u

I had an ASM subscription from 1981 to around 1983 or 4. They were mailed flat, not folded. I remember that distinctly