• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE SHELDON SCALE posted by bagofleas

11 posts in this topic

What percentage are you?

OK. First of all this journal is just for fun. Just to throw something out there for you to think about and respond to.

Dont send a reply based on what you think others would say about you but on what you honestly feel about yourself.

Do you know the TV show The Big Bang Theory? How about the Sheldon character?

All right. Sheldon is the Absolute 100 percent UBER EXTREME example of what would be considered the eternally child like OCD perfectionist techno junkie science and comics geek. I dont think thats an official stereotype term but you get the idea.

I was just curious how everyone else feels they compare to him percentage wise. Im not talking about the actor who portrays Sheldon but the Sheldon character as he is portrayed on the show.

I will go first and say that I am probably about 55 percent on the Sheldon Scale. In some areas I am practically 95 percent and in other areas I am more like only 15 percent so I will put myself at just above the halfway point.

I encourage everyone who reads this journal and knows the Sheldon character to reply and be bluntly honest. Remember that Sheldon is the 100 percent that you are comparing yourself to.

Where do you rate percentage wise on the Sheldon Scale in your opinion? Why do you feel this way? Remember that this is just to get everyone involved in a topic and in no way is meant to pass judgment on anyone. I am truthfully just interested in how others view themselves on a scale like this.

I will say up front that I am grateful for every comic book and CGC collector who is registered on this site. You make this hobby fun and exciting to all of us other Sheldonites out there. Thanks everyone!

I will show part of the area on the Sheldon Scale where I am probably closer to the 100 percent category by presenting you with a picture of one of the Marvel Graphic Novels that I recently acquired. Check it out below! I am overjoyed at getting such a great copy of this even though most people might not even give it a second thought.

Send in your replies and lets have fun reading everyones responses.

12165.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

I will answer this as son as I am done the seasons. I just started watching this after purchasing Seasons one through four. I am bout to start episode 9 from season three and I am slowly getting closer to the Stan Lee episode. SO far I am very far away from Sheldon. He collects comic books and well so do I, he knows football which I know as well so I guess I am at 5% currently on the Sheldon Scale. I shall answer again once I am done, as well as I might finally have enough CGC comic books to finish answering Surfer 99's question.

Tnerb

The Sheldon Scale. Very interesting choice as Sheldon can be so extreme on so many different subjects.

How do I rate myself by Subjects:

Comic Collecting - 90% (I don't wear gloves to read my comics nor do I store them in a safety deposit box at a bank)

Treatment of friends and family - a negative 100% I am so opposite of Sheldon when it comes to my friends and family. Without them my life would be empty.

Mr. Know it all - 50/50 (I want to be part of a conversation, not hog it all. I feel like I'm cross between Norm and Cliff from Cheers. I even have my own bar stool at my comic book shop on every Saturday)

Work - 150% (I am very good at what I do, but nobody at work wants me to leave or retire).

I'm sure there are other subjects that Sheldon is very extreme at, but none are coming to mind.

I look forward to reading other reply.

Bert

....and again, I am slow on the punch. I got excited for a friend got me Season 1..considering I do not watch TV I get DVD's....Love it and bought the next 3 seasons....I will catch up to this blog.....I guess I am getting a bit "over the hill"

....and again, I am slow on the punch. I got excited for a friend got me Season 1..considering I do not watch TV I get DVD's....Love it and bought the next 3 seasons....I will catch up to this blog.....I guess I am getting a bit "over the hill"

C'mon Ron, you're a young man!!! :preach:

sig.jpg

I think my brother pushes 80+%. . . he makes lists of his favorite things, keeps meticulous track of his movie collection (which I believe is over 800) and the theme park rides we have ridden, likes the book "Flatland" (which has been mentioned a few times on the show), hates change, only likes to eat at certain places, and holds grudges like you wouldn't believe.

I'm probably like you, 50-60%

I'd say I'm in the 70 - 75 percent range

Love of comics - check

Played D&D - check

Plays Computer Games - check

Math and Science geek - check(although they were just minors in college)

SCiFi and Fantasy geek - check

OCD - check(not at Sheldon's level yet, but it's a goal)

The only thing that seems to be holding me back is my affinity for combat sports and sex (not at the same time). Alas, I am not willing to give either of those up to reach the pinnacle of geekdom.